Just a few ideas for security?

A place to record your ideas for the game.

?

Gun upgrade
8%
Gun upgrade
8%
Gun upgrade
8%
Camera upgrade
7%
Camera upgrade
7%
Camera upgrade
7%
Beepsky control board
2%
Beepsky control board
2%
Beepsky control board
2%
Dash cam upgrade
6%
Dash cam upgrade
6%
Dash cam upgrade
6%
Riot shutters actually useful
5%
5%
5%
HONK YOU!
4%
HONK YOU!
4%
HONK YOU!
4%

Total votes: 96

Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Just a few ideas for security?

Post by Falamazeer » #36985

I'm ham sammich, Haven't played in a while, and only recently got back, And as a few of you who recognise me may remember, security is my favorite job, but it gets a bit annoying sometimes.
So, I have a few fresh idea, and a few old ideas I'd like to put out there and see what you fellas think. It's not all or nothing, Pick one pick two, pick whatever you like and vote, Discuss etc etc

-Give taser guns a clip function. right click, eject, Power cell either goes to other hand, or if full, drops on ground, and then you can click a new power cell into it.
This opens up the possibility of using high end power cells for more shots.

-Code in security camera free eye, Like the AI, Or even like the AI used to be with the arrow keys swapping views, But without the door fun, and of course auto-track.
This will give the warden a bit more to do.

-Make a new console in the wardens office that allows him to control beepsky and other securotrons, Then add a console chip for that in tech storage, for antags and clown scum
Or at least allow remote detonation/disable for securotrons.

-Add cameras accessible by warden and AI to sec helmets. (Disable with screwdriver and wirecutters)

-Cover the glass entry way into the cells from the OUTSIDE with riot shutters, not just the inside.

-Set the clown start point to the permabrig, surrounded by broken glass and bannana peels.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Just a few ideas for security?

Post by cedarbridge » #37027

Falamazeer wrote: -Give taser guns a clip function. right click, eject, Power cell either goes to other hand, or if full, drops on ground, and then you can click a new power cell into it.

Those are called Stun Revolvers. We already have them and science rarely even mentions them to sec.

-Code in security camera free eye, Like the AI, Or even like the AI used to be with the arrow keys swapping views, But without the door fun, and of course auto-track.
This will give the warden a bit more to do.

Yes

-Make a new console in the wardens office that allows him to control beepsky and other securotrons, Then add a console chip for that in tech storage, for antags and clown scum
Or at least allow remote detonation/disable for securotrons.

I'm not sure when or if BotCall is getting merged (or if it already did and I just kinda took it in stride) but this is already partially implimented. The Warden's PDA can summon, track and modify securitrons remotely.

-Add cameras accessible by warden and AI to sec helmets. (Disable with screwdriver and wirecutters)

Armor is probably a better bet than the helmet. I rarely wear a helmet, but no officer takes off their armor without good reason.

-Set the clown start point to the permabrig, surrounded by broken glass and bannana peels.

In Space
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #37031

The camera freelook would be nice but that code is scary so I'll stay under the covers where it's safe.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #37080

cedarbridge wrote:
Falamazeer wrote: -Give taser guns a clip function. right click, eject, Power cell either goes to other hand, or if full, drops on ground, and then you can click a new power cell into it.

Those are called Stun Revolvers. We already have them and science rarely even mentions them to sec.
Whut?

If someone had the idea for power cell clips, why didn't they put them in actual tasers where the idea would actually be usefull for more than the month or so it took before that crap started spawning in locked briefcases?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37081

Falamazeer wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Whut?

If someone had the idea for power cell clips, why didn't they put them in actual tasers where the idea would actually be usefull for more than the month or so it took before that crap started spawning in locked briefcases?
They don't have swappable power cells as the rest of the suggestion is asking. Rather, they're the extended fire capacity you're looking for 6-8. And naturally rechargeable like the others. And the sprites are a lot cooler looking than the taser.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #37092

Ah, was thinking more about a power sink or on the go recharging, That and upgrade via high energy power cells seems cool.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #37095

cedarbridge wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Whut?

They don't have swappable power cells as the rest of the suggestion is asking. Rather, they're the extended fire capacity you're looking for 6-8. And naturally rechargeable like the others. And the sprites are a lot cooler looking than the taser.
Actually they do have swappable ammo cells. You produce extras from RnD.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37105

Cipher3 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:

Whut?

Actually they do have swappable ammo cells. You produce extras from RnD.
Well, shit. I was wrong about being right. The best kind of wrong and right.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #37124

Well, either way they don't make it to security often enough to notice, so why not make standard issue tasers do that?
Konork
Byond Username: Konork

Post by Konork » #37137

Falamazeer wrote:Well, either way they don't make it to security often enough to notice, so why not make standard issue tasers do that?
Because 1) Most scientists probably wait for security to ask for them before making them, so we should probably be trying to make security more aware that they're available and what they do, and 2) that extra thing is part of the benefits of R&D, if the standard issue tasers can do that, there's less of a point in having stun revolvers in general.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37167

Konork wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:Well, either way they don't make it to security often enough to notice, so why not make standard issue tasers do that?
Because 1) Most scientists probably wait for security to ask for them before making them, so we should probably be trying to make security more aware that they're available and what they do, and 2) that extra thing is part of the benefits of R&D, if the standard issue tasers can do that, there's less of a point in having stun revolvers in general.
The mailroom is pretty damn far away from science so delivering items from sci to the armory can be a hassle. Sci is also on the wrong side of the disposal loop to just take a labeler and mail things from R&D. Delivering things means time not spent in the lab as well. Its overall a logistical nightmare for everyone involved.

That said, I did personally order 6 revolvers from sci at round start today. It was pretty ok, but then the trouble was getting the SOs to come back to the brig and upgrade.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #37250

cedarbridge wrote:
Konork wrote:
The mailroom is pretty damn far away from science so delivering items from sci to the armory can be a hassle. Sci is also on the wrong side of the disposal loop to just take a labeler and mail things from R&D. Delivering things means time not spent in the lab as well. Its overall a logistical nightmare for everyone involved.

That said, I did personally order 6 revolvers from sci at round start today. It was pretty ok, but then the trouble was getting the SOs to come back to the brig and upgrade.
Heh, I was the RD that round. I was surprised to see anyone except the Detective ask for one! Hope they got used!
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37261

Gun Hog wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Konork wrote:

Heh, I was the RD that round. I was surprised to see anyone except the Detective ask for one! Hope they got used!
I think most of them ended up getting used on me, ironically. I tend to do little things like that all the time as a warden. I'll place orders with cargo and robotics and then manufacture a team of securitrons out of the brig. Or place specific orders for gear from sci or whatever. I kinda wish departments did that more often to be honest. Its the old "hydro never grows food" thing. The chef never gets good stuff to make interesting food with because they never communicate those needs to botany. I don't think I've ever been snubbed as a chef after using a request console to mail a list of wants and wishes. At least in the time I've personally spent in cargo, I much prefer boxing and mailing things requested to departments than sifting through a million nerds at the counter demanding masks and gloves. Ordering stuff like that as a warden also has the amusing upshot of your cargo officer being really confused about why cargo is printing a whole box of shotgun slugs/buckshot.