bring back singularity as main powersource

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Re: bring back singularity as main powersource

Post by Nilons » #377209

Bottom post of the previous page:

i miss the singulo
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #377649

Setting up the SME is super fucking boring, you just walk around in your safe area and turn on some pumps and filters. Fixing that thing is super easy too, unless someone managed to steal all the hardsuits, radsuits, insulateds and RPD.

TBH I could do without having it screech on comms as soon as it loses a tiny bit of integrity.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #377697

Denton wrote:Setting up the SME is super fucking boring, you just walk around in your safe area and turn on some pumps and filters. Fixing that thing is super easy too, unless someone managed to steal all the hardsuits, radsuits, insulateds and RPD.

TBH I could do without having it screech on comms as soon as it loses a tiny bit of integrity.
Its funny that there are both people saying here that the supermatter is too hard to fix when sabotaged and that it is too easy to fix.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #377717

Well, there is different qualifications.
The best SM feature is vast field to tweaks and improvements:
1.you can link O2/Plasma exhaust to turbine.
2. You can overcharge SM and make it produce energy with tesla bolts.
3. You can tweak gas mix.
4. You can add thermoelectric generator to use heat from SM too.
5.you can use entire reactor for synth of some fucky gas. In best case(if it turned on again) use tritium fusion to power up turbine.
6.you can even load it with so fucky gases like water or fuel vapours. To see,what will happen.

It can be even improved:
1. Rehaul delamination. Let SM split into shitloads of deadly pieces,instead of one big boom.
Also let this pieces bounce from singularity. To form omnicidal vortex around it.
Some will fear it. Some will find way,how to make reactor,working on controllable delamination.
2. Make interaction with mobs/obj different. They should work in emitter way,but with different values of energy outcome. To make reactor on tomatoes for example.
3. Maybe it should interact with tesla in some funny way?
4. Fix it interaction with vacuum.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #377751

CPTANT wrote:Its funny that there are both people saying here that the supermatter is too hard to fix when sabotaged and that it is too easy to fix.
To be fair your brain needs at least 2 wrinkles in order to fix pipes/cooling and pump in N2 from any of the 2532345 canisters on station.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #377753

CPTANT wrote:
Denton wrote:Setting up the SME is super fucking boring, you just walk around in your safe area and turn on some pumps and filters. Fixing that thing is super easy too, unless someone managed to steal all the hardsuits, radsuits, insulateds and RPD.

Its funny that there are both people saying here that the supermatter is too hard to fix when sabotaged and that it is too easy to fix.
>/tg/station is one person
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #378147

did anyone plan on doing that random engine thing or is it just a dead idea at this point
PKPenguin321 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

can you please stop quoting people with a shitty snarky reply and adding nothing of value to the discussion
Limey wrote:its too late.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #378149

I would totally do it if I actually knew how to code
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #378165

PKPenguin321 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

stop posting
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #378367

XDTM wrote:ah yes i do like the round being over because someone in a deserted area snipped a wire
Singularity containment emitters were powered by an isolated power grid.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #378368

Engineering WAS the deserted area.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #378370

Qbopper wrote:did anyone plan on doing that random engine thing or is it just a dead idea at this point
PKPenguin321 wrote:
CPTANT wrote:

can you please stop quoting people with a shitty snarky reply and adding nothing of value to the discussion
the point is that he added nothing by saying that an abstract non existent entity has contradicted themselves, sorry if reading words i wrote that you didn't have to read ruined your day
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: