Clock Cult ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Hammeredmantis
Byond Username: Hammeredmantis

Clock Cult ideas

Post by Hammeredmantis » #403239

I am digging through the github now to find all the files and really learn about how the game mode worked, but from what I have understood so far, it basically turned into a tower defense mode which I think is kinda dumb for SS13 to be honest. I want to re-work it so it would basically be more different blood cult, the main difference being that the AI would start the round as a helper to the cult and could have borgs help make clock-work mobs out of players with a special setup instead of having the cultists themselves create them, basically a small number of crew + AI teamwork to summon Ratvar. Also potentially have a blood cult vs clock cult shift should there be enough players at that point in time to see who can summon their god first. What do you all think? I really like the look of the clockie sprites and think this could be awesome given enough time, patience, and effort.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: Clock Cult ideas

Post by D&B » #403246

That's what they said the last two times.

You're better off starting from the ground up or smashing your head against the wall real hard.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Hammeredmantis

Post by Hammeredmantis » #403248

woof, ground up sounds hella hard, but fuck it, work on it here and there, might have it done by the end of the year. Could be fun. Would I get in trouble if I stole some code from blood cult as a shortcut though?
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #403249

Why not rewotk it into Clock cult?
No conversion.cultists win after 40 min of ticking special clocks, which they need to construct.
Cultist powers are all clock related. Time stop,STOP_PROCESSING(target), sepia floor grenades,other shit.
More soulcrushingly horrible puns you'll be able to stick there--better this thing will be. Horrible puns must make clock cult tick , you know.
Better, if they will be bad enought to cause cosmic horror sence(OMG!Something is joking like this on same planet!), than laugh. Hysterical laugh even better.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #403255

Hammeredmantis wrote:woof, ground up sounds hella hard, but fuck it, work on it here and there, might have it done by the end of the year. Could be fun. Would I get in trouble if I stole some code from blood cult as a shortcut though?
I don't think anyone would care since the concept was stolen from /vg/ coders
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Selea

Post by Selea » #403256

What you surelt shouldn't do--"slightly different blood cult". Make something completely different!
Hammeredmantis

Post by Hammeredmantis » #403286

Selea wrote:Why not rewotk it into Clock cult?
No conversion.cultists win after 40 min of ticking special clocks, which they need to construct.
Cultist powers are all clock related. Time stop,STOP_PROCESSING(target), sepia floor grenades,other shit.
More soulcrushingly horrible puns you'll be able to stick there--better this thing will be. Horrible puns must make clock cult tick , you know.
Better, if they will be bad enought to cause cosmic horror sence(OMG!Something is joking like this on same planet!), than laugh. Hysterical laugh even better.
I really like this, though I think 40 minutes is a bit much for any antag to survive. Maybe more like 20 assuming they can keep it quiet. Actually the idea of a non-killing antag role could be really cool and something to think about.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #403367

stop
making
copies
of
existing
gamemodes
please
jesus
christ
it's
not
even
fun
anymore
I
know
it's
hard
to
write
new
code
but
if
you
are
not
at
that
level
yet
stick
with
side
antags
Selea

Post by Selea » #403380

I also advice you to add sacred animals:chicken and bear.
Why? Because you can make unBEARably motherclucking much filthy puns with them.
ChefOdDish
Byond Username: Roseliachan

Post by ChefOdDish » #404321

If you're planning on reworking clock cult, rather than a crew conversion mode why not make it a station conversion? The clock cult has to convert a certain percentage of the station into clockwork station in order to pull the entire station and everyone in it into Ratvar's dimension.
Selea

Post by Selea » #404342

Good idea. But need to think, how to save as much CC content as possible. Cog city for example.
pogoco25
Byond Username: Pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #404573

Steampunk Splatoon, now with Elder Gods