Universe Anchor

A place to record your ideas for the game.
deathhoof

Universe Anchor

Post by deathhoof » #47123

R&D should be to develop a constructable item, that when constructed would protect a 3x3 area from the singularity. This would very useful for places like escape, ai core, and grav gen. It should of course have a high bluespace research level and probably high materials or electromagnetic spectrum research.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Re: Universe Anchor

Post by ThatSlyFox » #47148

Better idea would be to remove the singulo. Cause you know, it is shit.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #47169

OP idea is actually really cool. Especially with how robust the singulo is now, it'd be great if the RD or a scientist could throw down a forcefield that protects people.

I'd like to suggest for balancing that for it to be used it needs to be attached to the ground (it'll anchor like a nuke, no tools required) and lasts for 30 seconds before needing a minute to recharge.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #47234

QuartzCrystal wrote:OP idea is actually really cool. Especially with how robust the singulo is now, it'd be great if the RD or a scientist could throw down a forcefield that protects people.

I'd like to suggest for balancing that for it to be used it needs to be attached to the ground (it'll anchor like a nuke, no tools required) and lasts for 30 seconds before needing a minute to recharge.
mfw engineers just scream "OH GOD ITS LOOSE" and don't bother setting up a containment wall outside egineering/bridge/escape etc to keep the singulo from just eating everyone. You've got spare emitters and field gens guys. You have the tools.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #47242

cedarbridge wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:OP idea is actually really cool. Especially with how robust the singulo is now, it'd be great if the RD or a scientist could throw down a forcefield that protects people.

mfw engineers just scream "OH GOD ITS LOOSE" and don't bother setting up a containment wall outside egineering/bridge/escape etc to keep the singulo from just eating everyone. You've got spare emitters and field gens guys. You have the tools.
I'm pretty sure new!singulo tugs field generators out of place though. So even if you DID somehow set up emitters and a shield, (unlikely considering if it's free the first thing to go is engineering) the shields wouldn't last a second.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head