TTV rack

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

TTV rack

Post by OFQ » #513723

TTV bombs are bulky items that don't fit in a regular crate or a locker very well especially when you also have a set of signalers. So they hard to transport. Also shitcurity gets suspicious if you drag them from toxins to Cargonia in a locker or a box + they can get stolen or even better, scientist can pretend to "just leave them in front of Cargonia for miners" as non antag and get base destroyed and other people bwoinked (this is actually real fun and allays works, god bless graytide).
On top of that miners often not find them worth a while because having TTV in the hands is a nuisance at Lavaland where everything tries to kill you. So this is no surprise that no one makes mining bombs.

It can be fixed with a special TTV rack that can store at least 6 of them (bombs should be visible at the rack) and the rack should be ID lockable/unlockable with a miner/scientist ID so the owner will be held accountable. Also if empty TTVs stored in the locked rack at the shift start it can make rev rounds more varied instead of shitcurity getting maxcaped every-time.
Miners would be able to drag the full rack over Lavaland making TTV bombs much more useful especially if the rack functions like a stack and also can hold paired signalers (see https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 00#p513600 )

To make graytide even more upset you can make the rack unwranchable only in unlocked state.
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Re: TTV rack

Post by Reyn » #515052

Why the fuck do you need more than one maxcap on your person? There's a damn reason why sec gets suspicious over maxcaps.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

Post by OFQ » #515081

Weren't toxins all about doing mining with bombs? Like viro was about curing stuff?
You go around and find places on lavaland that has a lot of resources in a single screen and blow it up. Or you use the bombs to blow up beasties, free golememes ship or ash-ligger camp for resources and sweet sweet malf disk.
It is super inconvenient to have a single bomb at a time. Anyway you can store them in a locker and drag it around. It's just meh (for the reasons above)

- - - - - - - - -

Also it seems that you can fit at least 5 of them into a locker. When I first tried (probably with a crate) it was like 3. + if you add trigger code to the bomb name with "hand labeler" it actually becomes not that bad. So yeah it's not that terrible as I initially thought.
Sandshark808
Byond Username: Sandshark808

Post by Sandshark808 » #515090

OFQ wrote:Weren't toxins all about doing mining with bombs? Like viro was about curing stuff?
You go around and find places on lavaland that has a lot of resources in a single screen and blow it up. Or you use the bombs to blow up beasties, free golememes ship or ash-ligger camp for resources and sweet sweet malf disk.
It is super inconvenient to have a single bomb at a time. Anyway you can store them in a locker and drag it around. It's just meh (for the reasons above)

- - - - - - - - -

Also it seems that you can fit at least 5 of them into a locker. When I first tried (probably with a crate) it was like 3. + if you add trigger code to the bomb name with "hand labeler" it actually becomes not that bad. So yeah it's not that terrible as I initially thought.
Lavaland has a much higher bomb cap so just bombing the hell out of it is way more of a hazard than a benefit. I almost never see R&D bomb anything except the tachyon scanner.
ragevirus
Byond Username: Ragevirus

Post by ragevirus » #515212

Can't you wrap TTV bombs in packaging paper and stuff them in your backpack? Coulda sworn I've done this before on tg.