New Quirk Idea: Situs Inversus

A place to record your ideas for the game.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

New Quirk Idea: Situs Inversus

Post by BeeSting12 » #561170

I might code this if I ever get off my ass and learn how to.

Situs Inversus: A rare condition in which the major organs are mirrored from their normal positions.

Worth -1 points.

Normal organ transplants won't work for people affected by this condition. Organs must come from someone with the same condition. Prosthetic/cybernetic organs can be screwdrivered pre-surgery to invert their positions. The condition is listed only in their medical records, and the advanced medical scanner can detect this. It will come as a shock to someone when they find the replacement heart they picked out doesn't fit and the patient's chest is already open!

Affected Organs: Lungs, heart, stomach, liver, appendix (who does appendix transplants).

Other changes: Monkeys have 1/100 chance to have this condition when turned into a human. There would also be a gene for this, but genetics cannot fix people with the quirk, they can only make organ donors for those affected.

Disadvantages: Getting revived will suck because you'll have to a) use inferior prosthetics, b) hope cybernetic organs are researched, or c) hope there's willing donors or at least donors that aren't objecting (catatonic monkeys).

Advantages: Makes use of medical records.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: New Quirk Idea: Situs Inversus

Post by Armhulen » #561171

For a quirk point, i'd hope for less chances for a proper transplant. leave it to non-cybernetics! otherwise, cool!
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Re: New Quirk Idea: Situs Inversus

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #561173

the” doesnt fit” seems dumb as it just means doc ll walk 10 tiles and print a rounstart prosthetic, it should fit but after inserting it starts to die