Wizard: Elementals

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Wizard: Elementals

Post by Bombadil » #80064

As a powerful Wizard the Wizard has the potential to summon a Powerful Elemental sacrificing one spell slot to bring forth an Elemental Evil.

Lava(Fire) Elemental: The floor it walks on is temporarily turned to lava and it can melt walls with a thermite like ability. Punches do burn damage. Has the ability to hide in its own lava. v

Air Elemental: Has a spell that knocks everyone back like a bomb but doesn't do any major damage. Extremely fast. Can go mist form and phase through walls. Can't attack but the knockback is low cooldown.

Toxic Water Elemental: Punches do toxin damage. Not sure what else for other abilities

Earth Elemental: Can breakdown walls and consume the metal sheets on the ground to restore health. Can consume reinforced steel to increase its armor. Does 15-20 brute. Has the ability to turn into essentially a bowling ball unstoppingly careening down the hall for fast travel
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Re: Wizard: Elementals

Post by Drynwyn » #80088

I support this concept, anything that means more than one person gets to have fun in a Wizard round deserves to be looked at.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #80128

Why have a toxic water elemental?

Water is pretty terrifying on its own. Also cold powers are pretty historically water elementally.

Maybe some ranged or area affect cooling. Like freezing people cooling.

For melee let it quick grab people then do portable swirlies.

Let it hide or teleport into blood puddles or something. Most common liquid on the station after all.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #80153

Incomptinence wrote:Why have a toxic water elemental?

Water is pretty terrifying on its own. Also cold powers are pretty historically water elementally.

Maybe some ranged or area affect cooling. Like freezing people cooling.

For melee let it quick grab people then do portable swirlies.

Let it hide or teleport into blood puddles or something. Most common liquid on the station after all.
I had trouble thinking of ideas. The problem with freezing is it can be easily negated by a EVA suit unless its shooting bolts of frost from the basilisk.

lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #80206

Let water and/or air elementals vent crawl.

The image of water bubbling out of a vent to horribly murder you strikes me as amusing.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #80210

lumipharon wrote:Let water and/or air elementals vent crawl.

The image of water bubbling out of a vent to horribly murder you strikes me as amusing.
Good idea there. Makes perfect sense

Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #80219

Maybe throw ice balls at people dealing brute damage and freezing them?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #80561

This sounds pretty cool, would a player control the elemental?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #80830

We need these to be more durable especially if they are player controlled. Because unlike apprentices, these guys won't be protected by an asimov AI.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #80898

Xhuis wrote:This sounds pretty cool, would a player control the elemental?
Yeah there's no way this would be ai

Void Slayer
Byond Username: Void Slayer

Post by Void Slayer » #81827

Air elementals could be gas storage containers, break into atmospherics and suck up some plasma and N2O, release it in the hallways.

Water elementals could store and mix chemicals, shoot out grenade like versions of stored chems.

Earth elementals could eat walls/minerals and use the mass to build or alter the station.

Wizards don't need new brute monsters, making them able to do lots of secondary things (n addition to being giant dangerous monsters) would be fun.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #81925

So it's like constructs except in awesome?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #81927

Elementals will need to be damn powerful to match up to Constructwizard, which also costs 1 spell slot.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.