Commando vs Commando

A place to record your ideas for the game.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Commando vs Commando

Post by rdght91 » #86169

As an alternative to ragin mages. Two equally matched teams of 3-5 ops/deathsquad slightly more lightly armed (given a standard set of equipment and no tc's?) with objectives that require them to go aboard and fight on SS13 but with objectives that don't involve killing everyone (stealing several sensitive items?). Their objectives shouldn't be something helpful either so the crew won't want to cooperate with either team but still need to worry if they choose to act against the teams or they put themselves between the squads. Put in a cooldown time so both teams arrive aboard ready to go at the same time.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Commando vs Commando

Post by Incomptinence » #86173

Doom guys vs spess mehreenes?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #86176

For the love of all that is holy, tell them to at least try to avoid killing crew.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #86180

DemonFiren wrote:For the love of all that is holy, tell them to at least try to avoid killing crew.
The idea I think though would be if one team went so far overboard in murderboning the heads and sec team would be willing to cooperate with them against the other team even if it means sacrificing sensitive items. But the objectives have to be inconvenient enough to the crew that the crew wouldn't want to immediately pick a side unless it was clear one squad was just there to wipe them out.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #86310

Sounds kinda boring tbh.

Would be much more interesting if they were fighting over an objective.

Say, kidnapping the captain, for instance.
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #86319

Reimoo wrote:Sounds kinda boring tbh.

Would be much more interesting if they were fighting over an objective.

Say, kidnapping the captain, for instance.
That's what I mean- Kidnap a head, something that most of the crew will oppose but maaaaybe willing to compromise if the captain is a douche.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #86346

I feel like most rounds the crew would likely give up whatever objective to the side being the least douchy, and then proceed to turbodunk the asshole team
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #86349

Wyzack wrote:I feel like most rounds the crew would likely give up whatever objective to the side being the least douchy, and then proceed to turbodunk the asshole team
Maybe, but in a way this mode actually take into advantage the fact that most people on this server (myself included) are going to see an operative and attempt to cave them in with the nearest fire extinguisher before trying diplomacy.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #86608

Here's what I propose:

You are the Space Marine!
You are a member of a powerful mercenary corporation! You've been hired for a large sum of money, and are willing to do anything to accomplish your tasks. But beware, there are enemy corporations afoot, and they may be looking to keep you from doing your job...
Fellow Marines have an M above their head for easier identification.

1. Kidnap the Captain, John McGuffin, and return him to your shuttle!
2. Ensure the Captain, John McGuffin, is in a healthy living condition!
3. Ensure the enemy corporation, DOOM Corps, is not able to accomplish their objective of stealing the RCD!
4. Ensure the enemy corporation, DOOM Corps, is not able to accomplish their objective of stealing the Captain's medal!

You are the DOOM Soldier!
You are a member of a powerful mercenary corporation! You've been hired for a large sum of money, and are willing to do anything to accomplish your tasks. But beware, there are enemy corporations afoot, and they may be looking to keep you from doing your job...
Fellow Soldiers have a D above their head for easier identification.

1. Steal an RCD!
2. Steal the Captain's medal!
3. Ensure the enemy corporation, S.M. Corps, is not able to accomplish their objective of kidnapping the Captain, John McGuffin!

You are the Spy!
You are a freelance spy, and have been hired by both sides of the ongoing conflict. You've been entrusted with the radio frequency of both sides, and are tasked with communicating intelligence to them! However, you also have your own desires...
Marines will have a M over their heads, and DOOM Soldiers will have an D. Use your voice scrambler to disguise your identity from both corporations (if necessary), and your advanced camera bug to monitor the station.

1. Assassinate Steve McCuck, the Assistant.
2. Provide both DOOM Soldiers and Space Marines with intelligence on their objectives, enemies, and potential threats whenever possible.
3. Keep the crew from calling the Emergency Shuttle unless the corporations die.

___

General ideas:
- Corporations will have conflicting objectives, provoking combat and allowing only one winner.

- The Spy will have his own objective, and be tasked with providing intelligence. He is tooled with a voice scrambler to remain anonymous if he chooses, and an advanced camera bug, functionally identical to the advanced camera consoles aliens and deathsquads get (except portable). He will hopefully be able to guide the corporations to each other, keeping matches from being too one-sided. He will also attempt to counter the crew by being tasked with recalling the shuttle (maybe give him gang's old recaller, but make it easier to track who recalled?). If both corporations lose all their men, the round can continue as normal and the Spy no longer has to interfere. He greentexts if he has his objective completed and one corporation wins, and loses if he fails his objective and the crew escapes, or if the crew escapes without both corporations being dead.

- Both corporations will have three shuttles, and come in waves; New hires for both corporations can only spawn once a) there are enough available ghosts b) 2-3 of the original hires of that team have died. This keeps matches going and keeps them from being too one-sided. (This is kind of a dumb system but long story short they would have some method of getting reinforcements.)

- Shuttles cannot return to their base for a set amount of time, similar to how the emergency shuttle cannot be immediately called. This is to prevent corporations from just grabbing their objective and running (blitzkriegs).

- If the crew escapes on the shuttle, the corporations both lose, and the crew wins; However, the Spy can still win, provided the corporations are dead and he has his objective. This also means that the Spy can double-cross the corporations and side with the crew, or side with nobody and be an individual third party.

- If the crew escapes, but there are still living members of either corporation on station, the round ends with a draw. The Spy loses.

- Corporations can both be tasked with killing and retrieving the same body, as well as kidnapping someone alive. If a kidnap target suicides, the objective changes to retrieving their dead body.

- Corporations are very powerful, on a level between nuke ops and death squad. This means the field is about even between the two corporations, but crewmen are easy to deal with.

- Corporations would have setup similar to nuke ops, with ordering items and getting gear. They will have one leader who names the division they're in (sets every player's last name). They will spawn in a shuttle that is mid-transit, and docks at a set time (the same time as the other corporation). The time would be fairly lengthy, but also have a hyper-drive button: OOCly, the hyper-drive button is just a Ready button for both corporations (similar to the Ready buttons in the holodeck's thunderdome). If both sides press it, both shuttles dock instantly. Only the leader of a side may press the button.

So yeah, I went a little nuts with this concept. Feel free to tell me why I'm retarded and that it'll never work.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
rdght91

Post by rdght91 » #86809

No, that's exactly what I had in mind.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #86812

sounds like no fun for the people who don't get antag/a part in the objectives