Malf Lip Reading

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Chiefwaffles
Byond Username: Chiefwaffles

Malf Lip Reading

Post by Chiefwaffles » #90196

As per Space Odyssey. Malfunctioning AI purchases ability and can "hear" anyone talking in range of current AI eye.

Really, the fact that this isn't already a feature is a travesty.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Re: Malf Lip Reading

Post by lumipharon » #90224

Traitor and malf AI's should get it for free.

It's neat as, without being some OP gameplay thing.
Marflow
Byond Username: Marflow

Post by Marflow » #90255

Well, there are intercoms that you can set to eavesdrop which kinda does this, though I think it should be a purchaseable thing rather than free.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #90259

lumipharon wrote:Traitor and malf AI's should get it for free.

It's neat as, without being some OP gameplay thing.
This, they should get it for free. Subverted AIs are excluded, I suppose.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #90647

It should be a purchasable power I think. Not overly expensive but certainly not for free. Rogue AIs.. Hmm, maybe give them a choice between it and access to the Syndicate radio? That is, if they don't auto start with it. Rogue AIs aren't very effective when atmos is sabotage-proofed and knowing when someone's planning to take your weapon away would be handy.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #90661

Traitor AIs have access to Syndicate radio for free. Anything you give to a Traitor AI has to be free, because they have no TC, and AIs have no upgrade mechanics. Sadly, giving the Traitor AI a Syndicate radio does not seem to done anything - no traitors seem to ever take the key themselves. Maybe the antagonist players just do not like the idea of teamwork?

For Malf, I think it would be possible to give the AI-eye the ability to "hear" people nearby, so long as they are in camera range. I do not see it being purchased very often, though - this is along the lines of a highly specialized ability, such as Upgrade Camera or disable RCD.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #90676

Gun Hog wrote:Anything you give to a Traitor AI has to be free, because they have no TC
I'd love to remove the malf game mode and add traitor AIs that unlock abilities/get points by hacking APCs. Have it appear at a lower rate in traitor/changeling/double agent mode.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #94076

In addition to this, I think malf AIs should get the ability to hack intercoms to clandestinely transmit to a channel/frequency of their choosing in addition to the one they already transmit and receive on. That should not be free, however.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #94159

Stan_Studnick wrote:In addition to this, I think malf AIs should get the ability to hack intercoms to clandestinely transmit to a channel/frequency of their choosing in addition to the one they already transmit and receive on. That should not be free, however.
Do you mean several at once? I would find this an absolute nightmare of information to manage. AI players are the best at managing information flow, but that would be too much even for them. For an example of this, imagine hearing as much as you do as a ghost, combined with playing as an antagonist at the same time. If you have a target intercom in mind, you can turn the speaker off, microphone on, and tune it to 144.7, your private frequency.
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Post by Stan_Studnick » #94178

Well, AI can automatically jump to players who are speaking so it really wouldn't be that hard to manage for them.