Minor Suggestions

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Minor Suggestions

Post by DemonFiren » #228695

Bottom post of the previous page:

D&B wrote:
Dagdammit wrote:When I was new (so a couple months back) and found my first Strange Objects, I wondered if this was what non-traitors saw while looking at syndicate gear.

Since then I've continued to feel like that might be a good idea for some tech like camera bugs- if my character isn't supposed to know what he's looking at, then the game shouldn't tell me. It could still give the proper name in the DA or when examined in another way that shows you the tech levels.
Fuck that. Meta shields are cancer
You're full of shit, but just this once you're right.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #228704

DemonFiren wrote:
D&B wrote:
Dagdammit wrote:When I was new (so a couple months back) and found my first Strange Objects, I wondered if this was what non-traitors saw while looking at syndicate gear.

Since then I've continued to feel like that might be a good idea for some tech like camera bugs- if my character isn't supposed to know what he's looking at, then the game shouldn't tell me. It could still give the proper name in the DA or when examined in another way that shows you the tech levels.
Fuck that. Meta shields are cancer
You're full of shit, but just this once you're right.
1 v 1 me holodeck
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #228705

Only if I get to choose the holodeck settings and have a door remote and atmos suit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #228708

Make it so that if a wizard jaunts and steps on a role that's been blessed with holy water it knocks him down and stuns him for a considerable amount of time. Laugh maniacally as the chaplain when the magic missile/ei nath/jaunt wizard tries to jaunt away after gibbing half of security only to be knocked flat on his ass and decapitated by a chaplain with a chainsword
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #228757

Add a mouse using the iron ore sprite to the free golem shuttle, named "Pet Rock"
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #229224

Flashbang (or any nade really) breaching.

When it's primed in your hand, clicking with it on airlock makes you automatically toss it in after door opens. Even when you're standing to the side.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #229238

Add a single pair of meson scanners to the golem ship!
D&B

Post by D&B » #229273

Mesons are pretty cheap and you're able to dig sand for them.

Honestly ghost roles shouldn't get hand holding so much.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #229281

Lumbermancer wrote:Flashbang (or any nade really) breaching.

When it's primed in your hand, clicking with it on airlock makes you automatically toss it in after door opens. Even when you're standing to the side.
Clicking on an airlock when its panel is open lets you push the grenade through to the other side.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #229326

Reece wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:Flashbang (or any nade really) breaching.

Clicking on an airlock when its panel is open lets you push the grenade through to the other side.
the panel is the electronics on the front.
you're not opening both sides at once.
私は完璧
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229485

Remove the veterinary meme clinic

Replace the beach bum dome with something more fun and unique, or at least make it less xbox hueg
It's ridiculous how much space in the game is currently wasted on venues for ghost roles to practice "bartending"(kek)
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229494

letshavecake wrote:Remove the veterinary meme clinic

Replace the beach bum dome with something more fun and unique, or at least make it less xbox hueg
It's ridiculous how much space in the game is currently wasted on venues for ghost roles to practice "bartending"(kek)
I hate the space hotel but begrudgingly i have to commend its noticibly different & accomodates a lot of the RP service job roles, supplimenting what the space bar (a lonely ruin meant to teach drinks) can do ontop of being able to teach cooking too. (so seriously stop or add more effect drinks so bartending becomes a skill)

Beach bum on lavaland particularly & animal hospital + prisoner ship are just powercreep scenario's for the castaway ruin (the pod and the little shelter) instead of making the castaway ruin better these ruins just eat into the budget. The objective is to escape to the station or alternatively die/suicide from boredom of lasting a 1 to 1 and a half hour round in complete isolation.

Ok sure the bio-dome template got improved having them in, but nobody actually visits those ruins because there isn't machines/functions of value other than a wide area of breathable space.

Spoiler:
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229496

Well, the space hotel is massive and spawns every round, and is a lot more than just a bar/cafe
It's like an entire mini station whose main purpose is to be a bay-tier chatroom
I don't know why people can't just do that stuff in the regular bar on the station, since that's supposed to be what those jobs are for anyway
And it's not like anyone needs a safe space to practice drinks and cooking without the fear of blowing someone up
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #229540

The unloved rock wrote:a buyable shuttle ATTACHMENT that puts a teleporter beacon on it, so you can teleport to the shuttle
Just throw one on that works
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #229542

MrEousTranger wrote:Xeno-Archaeologist Job

Does the job miners should do, but never do which is gather those fukken artifacts for R&D.
Its exactly what we need, the perfect way to solve useless miners and science not collaborating.
Miners can still help and still need to bring in ores so it doesn't remove their purpose, and they will be important to
protect the Archaeologist from danger. And the miners get to stay on their autism planet without being forced to search structures they would
TOTALLY (sarcsasm) never go into.
Not minor
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #229598

Targeting someone's groin with harm intent while fighting unarmed should give your attacks a small chance of being a swift kick to the genitals, causing them to double over in pain. Doing it on someone wearing a hardsuit, space suit, or riot armor just hurts your leg however
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #229660

Should also drop you if you're dumb enough to groin-kick someone who's literally wearing metal plating.
I mean, you're standing on one leg and your intended motion was stopped in a very abrupt and painful fashion.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #229887

Jacough wrote:Targeting someone's groin with harm intent while fighting unarmed should give your attacks a small chance of being a swift kick to the genitals, causing them to double over in pain. Doing it on someone wearing a hardsuit, space suit, or riot armor just hurts your leg however
I'm probably wrong but I always thought aiming at groin when using fists gave you higher chance to knock down. Same with mouth.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #229891

Lumbermancer wrote:
Jacough wrote:Targeting someone's groin with harm intent while fighting unarmed should give your attacks a small chance of being a swift kick to the genitals, causing them to double over in pain. Doing it on someone wearing a hardsuit, space suit, or riot armor just hurts your leg however
I'm probably wrong but I always thought aiming at groin when using fists gave you higher chance to knock down. Same with mouth.
Myth
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #229925

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:
Myth
Technically not a myth.
"Mouth" and "Groin" are zones, but not bodyparts.
those zones get parsed as the Head and Chest bodyparts, of which it is the name of the bodypart that is checked for special effects.
Attacking the Head has a weapon.force% chance to give them confusion.
Attacking the Chest has a weapon.force% chance to weaken (stun) them.

tl;dr they're not special zones to attack, they just count as head/chest hits.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #229962

Runed metal when ground down is a 50/50 compound of ectoplasm and metal.

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #229963

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Runed metal when ground down is a 50/50 compound of ectoplasm and metal.
blood and metal, surely?
私は完璧
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #229987

Replace the space hotel with pubby's monastery
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230063

Remie Richards wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Runed metal when ground down is a 50/50 compound of ectoplasm and metal.
blood and metal, surely?
Then you have to define what blood (or always set it to O+), its spooky metal so ought to be slightly spooky.

Cult constructs drop ectoplasm as is.

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #230119

Port job specific tator weapons. (At least the d20)
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #230181

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
blood and metal, surely?
Then you have to define what blood (or always set it to O+), its spooky metal so ought to be slightly spooky.

Cult constructs drop ectoplasm as is.
bloodtype is basically fluff but used as a gate, so that types can't mix (unless they're universal ones, like IRL)
iirc Xenos actually have X+ blood, which isn't a thing.
but you could always just randomise the blood type too.
A, AB, O, etc.

And given Narsie is the Geometer of Blood, for Blood Cult, blood seems more correct :P
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230215

Remie Richards wrote:bloodtype is basically fluff but used as a gate, so that types can't mix (unless they're universal ones, like IRL)
iirc Xenos actually have X+ blood, which isn't a thing.
but you could always just randomise the blood type too.
A, AB, O, etc.

And given Narsie is the Geometer of Blood, for Blood Cult, blood seems more correct :P
Why can't you just make a subtype of sulphuric acid as X+ and a basic coding rule of (if not a xeno, inflict this damage every tick its metabolised) so that the stuff is actually dangerous to get splattered on you with phil's pr but doesn't have a lot of acidity melting strength (unless in large quantity) compared to regular sulph?

Also i covered blood and bloodcult & ectoplasm here (*COUGH* SHILLING *COUGH*)

Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #230216

Because Blood types are all the same reagent, "blood"
a subtype blood wouldn't fit into the system very well at present.
though you could easily have the blood check if it's type is X+ and if it is do an acid-like effect during metabolising/splashing
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #230219

Remie Richards wrote:Because Blood types are all the same reagent, "blood"
a subtype blood wouldn't fit into the system very well at present.
though you could easily have the blood check if it's type is X+ and if it is do an acid-like effect during metabolising/splashing
Just substitute xeno blood for that kind of sulphuric X+ type was more what i was driving toward. And yeah, that.

Spoiler:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #230325

Be able to harvest drugs from a body/corpse.
Corpse: able to tell exactly what drugs killed a person without slapping them into a sleeper. Syringe a corpse. Medical scanner on the Syringe and shows something like 12u blood 3u cyanide or such. Be cool to be able to tell whats being used instead of: medical scanner, "Oh look toxins".

Alive: able to draw blood with a Syringe and do the same as above. And drain/harvest blood with an IV drip and able to retrieve some of the drugs in their body. Why? Because that's fucking cool and such. Like oh this Nigga has cyanide, and carpooling! WE NEED CALOMEL STAT!

Works as whatever level of blood you have. A Syringe blood draw takes about 3% blood from someone (they can easily recover from that in seconds due to Syringe and low amount lost) and for however many units of a drug is in the body you pull that percentage of total blood level taken of the drug with you.

(100% blood level. Got 35u tricord. An OD amount. Draw 20% blood to 80% left in them from an IV. It's now 29u tricord left in their body. No longer OD'ing. And you just saved some tricord to use )

Thoughts?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #230358

this doesn't make sense like nigga what you just activate the medscanner in hand to view chem content or are you tryna make it more complicated cuz for the syringe thing we already have the mass spectrometer
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #230370

The unloved rock wrote:this doesn't make sense like nigga what you just activate the medscanner in hand to view chem content or are you tryna make it more complicated cuz for the syringe thing we already have the mass spectrometer
Scanner doesn't tell you what drug is in them unless they're in a sleeper.
A...what?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #230371

Alipheese wrote:
The unloved rock wrote:this doesn't make sense like nigga what you just activate the medscanner in hand to view chem content or are you tryna make it more complicated cuz for the syringe thing we already have the mass spectrometer
Scanner doesn't tell you what drug is in them unless they're in a sleeper.
A...what?
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/ ... rs.dm#L325#
desc = "A hand-held mass spectrometer which identifies trace chemicals in a blood sample."
私は完璧
Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #230373

I-i what? I don't understand this thingie. I've never seen this thing before. I'm scared and afraid. :neigh:

But nonetheless thoughts on the actual harvesting/retrieving of drugs from the blood?

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #230375

Alipheese wrote:I-i what? I don't understand this thingie. I've never seen this thing before. I'm scared and afraid. :neigh:

But nonetheless thoughts on the actual harvesting/retrieving of drugs from the blood?
some kind of centrifuge that retrieves chems from blood seems fine.

the mass spectrometer spawns on the white ship and is also constructable, it's basically a beaker code-wise and you put blood in it and then activate it and so long as it's JUST blood in there it tells you what chemicals are in the blood, and if it's an Advanced one, their amounts
私は完璧
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #230799

Low cost traitor item that looks like the sing generator and can fuck with gravity in the room it's in, increasing it, decreasing it, pushing and pulling shit, et cetera
Can also be activated to channel its effects to a specific room, or to shuffle randomly between rooms on a timer
D&B

Post by D&B » #230844

If someone falls into a chasm, and there's someone directly adjacent to them in a safe tile, make them able to pull you by your hands and stop your fall.

Make it a 50/50 chance of saving the person or them slipping and dying.
Spoiler:
fuck you
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #230861

Personally chasms shouldn't be insta deletion. Should still be very, very dangerous to fall into though.
D&B

Post by D&B » #230868

They're fine as instant deletes

Best way to teach you to learn your surroundings.
Spoiler:
fuck you
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #230876

The majority of chasms come from tendrils, which kill people because of circumstance more than lack of observation
We really don't need more things in the game that can straight up delete people and everything they have
With how popular lavaland is, having a separate lower z-level for people to break their legs and kill themselves falling into shouldn't be off the table
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #230885

Suiciding with a nuke disk should gib you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #231507

Implement a simple and easy ling test so that it's not justifiable to kill non-lings "just to be sure"
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #231509

100%-accurate antag-tests are cancer. It was bad enough when syndi-cakes healed traitors and security responded to this by beating people then feeding them cakes to see if they healed.
letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #231513

Lings are already cancer, that's why they sit in the back of traitor rounds now
The game's rules shouldn't be ignored just because one antag nobody even likes can't be properly balanced
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #231588

Alipheese wrote:Be able to harvest drugs from a body/corpse.
Corpse: able to tell exactly what drugs killed a person without slapping them into a sleeper. Syringe a corpse. Medical scanner on the Syringe and shows something like 12u blood 3u cyanide or such. Be cool to be able to tell whats being used instead of: medical scanner, "Oh look toxins".

Alive: able to draw blood with a Syringe and do the same as above. And drain/harvest blood with an IV drip and able to retrieve some of the drugs in their body. Why? Because that's fucking cool and such. Like oh this Nigga has cyanide, and carpooling! WE NEED CALOMEL STAT!

Works as whatever level of blood you have. A Syringe blood draw takes about 3% blood from someone (they can easily recover from that in seconds due to Syringe and low amount lost) and for however many units of a drug is in the body you pull that percentage of total blood level taken of the drug with you.

(100% blood level. Got 35u tricord. An OD amount. Draw 20% blood to 80% left in them from an IV. It's now 29u tricord left in their body. No longer OD'ing. And you just saved some tricord to use )

Thoughts?
[youtube]aVTAf4FAXaU[/youtube]
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #231751

Make the QM a Head of Staff but without Command radio, bridge access, telebaton, zipties or flash.

It's time the QM became the shat-upon head he was born to be.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #231754

Anonmare wrote:Make the QM a Head of Staff but without Command radio, bridge access, telebaton, zipties or flash.

If you do not have these things, you are not a real head. Make the QM a full head, with all the advantages and risks (such as being targeted for Revolution) that come with it. Without going full turkey, you are only inviting confusion and false pride.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #231760

Anonmare wrote:Make the QM a Head of Staff but without Command radio, bridge access, telebaton, zipties or flash.

I've always been a fan of the roleplay during Revround where (I've seen it a few times) a revhead would bring a beatsquad to the QM and try and convince him to come quietly / lower his sunglasses and join the effort or be hurt. It's a small thing but it's something you don't often see in rev interactions simply because he starts with sunglasses but no implant. Him being a head would of course remove that (not saying it's a good or bad thing).

I wouldn't complain about QM being a head, but would that also mean a headban if a QM doesn't do specific things? It's a management task same as any other, and I am a terrible player so I have spent most of my time as either a QM or a Cargo Tech, I've seen all the different kinds of ways that a QM can play but at the same time what constitutes a real QM's job when they gain the scrutiny that comes with being a head?

But I will say if QM became head, doesn't get command but gets science radio to talk to RND about his miners that would be bretty cool. I'd like anything that could encourage miners to interact with the QM more rather than just bypassing him unless they need immediate help.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #231784

You could make him immune to rev conversion, but not make him a target for the revolution.

>inb4 snowflake code
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #231788

Immune to conversion equals target, silly.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #231881

Allow people with reagent scanning equipment (silicons, ghosts, humans with certain headgear) to see the contents of syringes.