Plasmaman, Playable race.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
DanielRatherman
Byond Username: DanRatherman

Re: Plasmaman, Playable race.

Post by DanielRatherman » #160206

Bottom post of the previous page:

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:If plasmamen were just another snowflake race I would agree, but they're a real gameplay addition. Snowflaking with them is difficult since they all look identical, and they're objectively a pain in the ass to play. It's a fun challenge imo.
I don't know what you're not getting here. I understand that they can be fun and difficult to play, and that they're a real gameplay addition, but an IC spaceman won't say "Oh, I won't do le funny racism xD meme today, these are a real gameplay addition." No, there will be shitty rounds with shitty race wars, and there will be a lot of them, and if anything it may just as well be even worse than the lizard ones considering plasmamen have legitimate differences from humans. And yes, you CAN snowflake as a plasmaman, although I don't think that's a reason to not add them (at least it's more interesting than the 30th "Has-the-Sex" lizard snowflake).
"This content is fun and good- but players violate the rules and do stuff that make me mad"

I mean- yeah that's basically a given; no different than any other content addition. It really just means rule 1 needs to be enforced more in a more draconian manner. People who scream valids and go around murdering productive crew because they can on a technicality shouldn't be welcome here.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #160207

I enabled them on sybil a couple days ago, they seem fine.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #160208

So far I've only seen about 2-3 other players play as them (I'm Times XII), which is good. People aren't snowflaking with them like they do lizards.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #160216

my plasmaman name is Krypton Thirty-Six
PlaugeWalker
Byond Username: PlaugeWalker

Post by PlaugeWalker » #160397

Nitrogen XIII
Image\
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #160421

Have we thought of having customizable suit colors?
I lurk quite often...
ATDoop
Byond Username: ATDoop

Post by ATDoop » #160457

JJRcop wrote:Have we thought of having customizable suit colors?
Maybe they should start off with a sort of security armband saying what department they're from. Right now, it can be hard to tell what job they have at first glance, unless they have the backpack/exosuit that corresponds to it.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #161773

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I only came back from hiatus about a month ago, and just started having the time to browse the forums again - been busy as all hell lately.

I'm the guy who designed /tg/ Plasmamen, and pushed to have them added. It honestly makes me so happy to see so many people excited about having Plasmamen in and wanting to play them. I poured a ton of time and effort into making them a fun, fluffy hardmode and sci-fi appropriate race to play, and I'm glad that people are enjoying them. As Kor has said, they're now enabled at roundstart, but I just wanted to give people an update and let them know that the last few bugs are being worked out. As I posted in the other thread, job-specific jumpsuits are unlikely to happen due to the surprisingly large amount of work that it is to implement such a thing, but once I have more time, I'd love to give them more features and options in the future.

You guys can always hit me up on IRC, #lorebus on Rizon if you want to talk features or if you have any comments or ideas. Have fun!

Cheers,
(Plasmaman Ardens XIII)
ImageImage
Spoiler: