Security Strategic Role Buffs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Security Strategic Role Buffs

Post by John_Oxford » #265753

What if the warden and HoS some how passively became a harder target to hit while in hard points, like security checkpoints, ect

Like what if the tiles had conduits under them that ran power to the tiles, not a strong enough current to affect people wearing shoes, but those without shoes (prisoners) would get a 1-2 second knock down every step they took inside of the brig.

Following this, the warden and hos get red and white and black versions of a lightened swat armor, the warden's suit offers 45 brute resist, 45 burn resist, 85 bomb resist, 65 rad resist, and 75 bio resist. However, when standing on these energized tiles, the suit contains conductive plates on the bottom of it, the power is pulled from the tiles and used to harden a filling inside of the armor plates, that would otherwise be a gel like substance, but when put through a strong current, becomes a very hard ceramic, bumping up the armory values to 65 brute resist, 55 burn, 95 bomb, 85 rad, and 100 bio.

However, when these powered tiles are not present, the suit suffers from a overdraw in power consumption, resulting in a speed slightly faster than the old riot armor. Meaning this would encourage wardens and heads of security to stay back and receive a buff for being on their own turf, or go out in a severely down graded set of old armor.

Or. you can give them these suits, but have them require power cells that drain very quickly. However, the powered tiles automatically fill this cell, meaning that there is no need to recharge or replace them when inside of the brig. If this is done however, the suit gets much better bonuses, like something along the lines of a adrenal synthesiser, stun gloves that either take half the power cell and knock someone out, or take the entire power cell and put them into crit.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Re: Security Strategic Role Buffs

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #265790

Nice
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #266147

"Strategic," John_Oxford forced out. "Strategic Sec. That's what I want." The act of simply forcing the word from his mouth left him in agony. Sweat beaded along his forehead as pain shook through him, creeping down his spine, eventually into his limbs. I wish I could just go back to saying "tactical," he thought to himself as he dredged through making the rest of his post. They're onto that word now; they know it just means I want to buff security straight up. Can't keep using it... He accidentally looks back up at the subject, reading that awful word again. Strategic. He suddenly gags, then coughs, then touches his chin and finds blood. He coughs again, more violently, this time spraying blood over his monitor. No... Not like this... Oxford increases his pace, leaving his ideas less and less fleshed out or coherent as his post continued, despite having a higher word count per idea than when he started the post. He notices his tongue go numb, and briefly pauses to feel for it, only to find it has fallen off. That dreadful word has corrupted me! He continues to force himself to type, repeatedly going back to delete the word "tactical" after he accidentally writes it in every sentence. His vision blurs. I must hurry. He writes the very last sentence of his post, of admittedly low quality but of high word count, and once again pauses, this time considering the glory of his life-changing, sec-buffing idea. Even if he had to call it, he dared to think, "strategic" rather than "tactical," at least the people would know. He coughed again, and this time felt something fleshy crawl up his throat and into his mouth. He reached for the Submit button, and, as his final living act, pressed it, confident that the post would be loved.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #266151

Taken...too soon
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #266279

My only response is Kek.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #266303

So you want to turn the Head of Security into a Evangelion?

Just give him a belt that projects a crap shield if you want him to have one.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #267881

Booo, not enough runes & lugers! Thumbs up for experimental research.

> Real criticism, this is silly, standing perfectly still in a small gated area only on the premise it is powered is going to get you killed by a explosive/gas/hail of gunfire fast and what happens if the perp never actually goes into security brig at all and the HOS/Warden are too scared to fight them because when they step out, they get gibbed and if they stay in they are going to get tanked by sniper fire. (all your ammo/nuke disk is outside, HOS sits in brig like a pancake during a war-ops round playing FINAL BOSS MUSIC FOR YOU MUST ENTER HIS ZONE or just buy a sniper rifle and shoot from a space platform or whatever.)

> Riot gear is TRASH. A few well placed shots of incindiary ammo or a splash of acid and your armor in its weak state is going to degrade it (unless it is virtually invincible in density) because of defense resistances petering out and absorbing more damage.

Der Vorschlag ist nicht willkommen zurück in den Schuppen Sie gehen

Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #267882

Fwoosh you realize the ">" thing is meant to be a quote right
You don't just stick it wherever
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #267894