Brig and Prison management improvements and ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Re: Brig and Prison management improvements and ideas

Post by ShizCalev » #21332

Bottom post of the previous page:

According to my logs Paprka, we haven't been in the same station together since December 19th, 2013.

You as well, Douk. The only interaction you've had with me as a member of security is from.. prior to December 2013 as well.
Infact Douk, I have logs here of you arresting me FNR on December 9th, 2013, for calling out a ling that stung me in a maintenance tunnel, and in the round just prior to that, you arrested me for using an egun that an officer dropped to kill a locker that a wizard animated.

Want to talk about being bad at sec?

Just played a round with you as sec. You're p.chill now I guess.
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #21363

I've observed rounds where you've played sec plenty, since that used to be my mainstay on sybil, roundstart observing for a few months. I can pretend to log everything I do as well as evidence against my argument but that doesn't change the fact that you're almost always some kind of asshole as security, and here you are pretending to be a white knight for the innocent crewmembers that might have gotten shaken down and looted by sec after breaking into chemistry. Good on you!
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Crushtoe
Byond Username: Crushtoe

Post by Crushtoe » #21373

I feel like this is necessary:

[youtube]_QyYaPWasos[/youtube]
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer

Post by ShizCalev » #21402

paprika wrote:I can pretend to log everything I do as well
Spoiler:

take your pick
ImageImage
>Be ling
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21417

Basic chat logging doesn't account for random names I might use, me observing you being shit, etc. My argument stands, and now you look like an autist.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer

Post by ShizCalev » #21420

However it does have most instances of me playing, and if you state a specific situation in which I was being shit, I can provide the log of what happened, and an explanation as to why it did.

also, if right clicking chat and clicking log makes me autistic, then so be it. I just like being able to depend myself when shitlords claim something and twist things out of proportion by slapping them in the face with logs (not refering to you).
ImageImage
>Be ling
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21421

This is off topic by now but yeah to get things back where they're supposed to be I find this 'streamlining'(OP's words) actually a lot less streamlined and a lot more annoying for new officers. There should be a way to kick people out of sec without having to drag them out or expect them to walk out on their own though, how about a disposal chute that kicks them back out into the hallway? :lol:
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer

Post by ShizCalev » #21428

Similar to goon's old system that would uncuff the prisoner automatically and open a chute they could go into after gearing back up
ImageImage
>Be ling
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #21532

Steelpoint wrote:
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Sec officers should spawn with fucking gloves anyway
I tried to do that in a PR but it was denied since someone disliked it.
If security want yellow gloves, they should requisition them from cargo like everyone else.

BUT WHAT'S THIS? You pissed off the QM by taking the miners' suits from them on trumped-up charges and now they're completely disinclined to help you? WHOOPS. It's almost like declaring yourself to be THE LAW is the reason shitcurity is a thing.
At this point I can't even tell if you're trolling or not, 'cause half the things you come out with are explicitly listed on the shitcurity page.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21540

He means spawning with black gloves screemonster
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #21545

Actually I was thinking separate security gloves that can be easily separated from cargo and others with black gloves.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #21549

Cargo and mining will be getting fingerless gloves after the feature freeze assuming my PR is accepted. It went over well on NT. The only real crewmembers that need black gloves are janitors anyway, and they have light replacer machines. Roboticists look good with black gloves too.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #21561

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Actually I was thinking separate security gloves that can be easily separated from cargo and others with black gloves.
That'd be pretty sweet. No prints and the detective just finds security gloves in the fibre samples.

Downside is when someone manages to take the gloves off them, but that's kinda true of any job when it comes to fibre samples.

Fact is, security taking stuff from people that they need to do their jobs as some sort of shakedown is just plain obstructive, and if security NEED a particular item there are legitimate ways to get it. Tooling up on KEWL TOYS just because you happen across someone that's carrying them and you can make up an excuse to confiscate them is no more acceptable than non-antag cargo ordering a million guns in "just in case".