Move captain's spare ID to captain's locker

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: Move captain's spare ID to captain's locker

Post by Qbopper » #279973

Bottom post of the previous page:

PKPenguin321 wrote:dont bother
???
Limey wrote:its too late.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #279980

Qbopper wrote:does anyone ((that isn't oxford/fwoosh) have anything to say on the subject? could add this to my todo for stuff after the freeze, it's not a difficult change to try out
Fwoosh is a good poster and this community will start to turn around when the majority realizes this
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #279986

I would appreciate his posts more if they were in english instead of something that resembles english
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #279988

Lazengann wrote:I would appreciate his posts more if they were in english instead of something that resembles english
It's close enough
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #280066

this isn't a real issue that needs fixing, slig's just ticked off because it happened to them
it's thinly veiled i ded
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #280073

PKPenguin321 wrote:this isn't a real issue that needs fixing, slig's just ticked off because it happened to them
it's thinly veiled i ded[/quote

]I don't think it's an issue so much as a change I'd like to see - nothing wrong with smaller changes, even if they do come from i ded

I'm not super invested in this or anything, I just think it would be a positive change
Armhulen wrote: Fwoosh is a good poster and this community will start to turn around when the majority realizes this
I added the line about fwoosh and oxford because they continued to write the same shit and ignore everyone over and over, which doesn't contribute to discussion, and I'd like to get feedback from people who aren't going to just go on and on in an endless loop of insanity
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #280082

This is an intentional weak point in station design to give the security team work and does not need to change.

An alert security and head team can prevent breaches and move the card to a safe location, and a non alert one will lose control of access on the station and cause chaos.

Secure the card at roundstart and you will not suffer any issues.

As an aside these intentional weak poitns and flaws are why box is the best mapped map.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #280084

oranges wrote:An alert security and head team can prevent breaches and move the card to a safe location, and a non alert one will lose control of access on the station and cause chaos.
Doesn't keeping the ID in the locker keep this exact flaw intact? There's plenty of ways described in this thread in which the ID can still be stolen when inside the locker, resulting in heads and security losing control of the round, courtesy of Fwoosh. It just requires more effort and creativity from aspiring greyshirt thieves.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #280123

could just make the spare spawn in the vault, and give one random id in the hop's box of id's have all access

then give him ten boxes
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #280354

oranges wrote:This is an intentional weak point in station design to give the security team work and does not need to change.

An alert security and head team can prevent breaches and move the card to a safe location, and a non alert one will lose control of access on the station and cause chaos.

Secure the card at roundstart and you will not suffer any issues.

As an aside these intentional weak poitns and flaws are why box is the best mapped map.
ty, this is an actual counterpoint
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #280373

On the other hand, it does cause a metagame race of who's going to hack into the captain's room first after roundstart. I'd guess it would get tiring pretty quickly to grab the spare every time as fast as possible as the HoS, to prevent the occasional case of speedrun-hacking by assistants. It's not really on the same level of sec activity like catching an active murderer, or following clues, it's just the same task every captain-less round to prevent all-access grey tide.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #280539

Remembering that lately without the HOP the only way the HOS even gets into there is to complete the first leg by entering the bridge & hammering down the door with a mixture of fire axe & own personal laser gun, then from there on under the title he also has to complete the same thing in forcing open (unless a HOP helps him) the captains locker by force.

- With no borgs for doors, i can't recall if borgs can even access locker units, borgs aren't guranteed in a round.

You can't shut the locker again after you forced it open, you then have to bother moving the rest of the contents of that locker that need to be secured somewhere else (or steal all of it/have it stolen willingly, including a second portable teleporter)

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #280579

Alternative idea: give the captain's office doors the basic anti-hacking cover, that requires welding to get rid of. Or at least only on the door that leads to maint. Why does the office with all-access, a hand tele and an infinite laser gun have a maint tunnel that only leads to the halls, anyway? There are less valuable items in more isolated areas.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.