Tator Backup

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Tator Backup

Post by srifenbyxp » #286623

I know ops has the option for reinforcements, why not have an option to allow tators to do the same thing with a random scrub with no ID. Make it cost 14 TC.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Tator Backup

Post by kevinz000 » #286628

no
encourages murderboning.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #286631

i think a buddy encourages murderboning less than the murderbone weapons
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #286835

XDTM wrote:i think a buddy encourages murderboning less than the murderbone weapons
You'll have another HUMAN backing you up
Yes, you can emag cyborgs
Yes, you can team up anyways
But for me this is just another avenue people can do it from.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #286837

Murderbones that include others are the best kind. One of my favorites was borging the first five kills I got and emagging them. But unfortunately this would be unbalanced and a bad idea.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #286843

Reminder that holoparasites were great and Kor is stupid for removing them
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #286855

kevinz000 wrote:
XDTM wrote:i think a buddy encourages murderboning less than the murderbone weapons
You'll have another HUMAN backing you up
Yes, you can emag cyborgs
Yes, you can team up anyways
But for me this is just another avenue people can do it from.
You can murderbone with just about anything in this game if you're decent enough, denying things that could actually lead to interesting plays for the reason 'but people could murderbone with it' is dumb.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #286866

Why are we operating under the assumption that murderboning is bad? Traitors should be encouraged to fuck shit up.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #286880

>spend all your tcs on backup
>your backup is a cute girl
>you're both too shy to coordinate properly and end up bumbling and crushing on each other
>your target dies accidently and you escape in the shuttle holding hands

Shit idea ban and burn
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #286890

Crag buys mail order girlfriends CONFIRMED

Actually not confirmed because Crag has no money
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #286891

I was sick of the daily whining about them for literally 8 months straight and I didn't have enough energy to deal with lavaland whining at the same time.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #286893

Kor you know as well as I do that that's a shit metric for if something should be removed.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #286895

Traitor alliances are already pretty good even with the hindrance of potentially being backstabbed, being able to poop out a naked newborn who's permanently devoted to you at any time provided you saved your TCs seems a bit silly
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #286896

Then again,
>uplink implant
>get perma'd
>buckled to bed as HoS is memeing you
>suddenly you excrete a newborn who punches the hos to death

Hmm that IS pretty funny
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286913

PKPenguin321 wrote:Then again,
>uplink implant
>get perma'd
>buckled to bed as HoS is memeing you
>suddenly you excrete a newborn who punches the hos to death

Hmm that IS pretty funny
disgust
but also laughter
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #286915

What'd be great is a way to improve the risk/reward aspects of traitor teamwork. Forming a really fragile alliance with a dude who may or may not stab you in the back or you might just end up stabbing in the back sounds a lot more intriguing than just being able to poof a new best friend into existence who's completely loyal to you.

Kind of curious what would happen if we raised the TC cost of the more frequently used murderbone weapons to something higher than 20 TCs so if they want to order something to go on a rampage with they've got to find another traitor they can trust or have significant leverage with who'd be willing to collaborate with them, like with Romerol.
Last edited by Jacough on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #286919

Thing is, there's not much reason for traitors to stab each other in the back. More selfish objectives could do the trick, like multiple people having to steal the same item, of hijack requiring you to be the only person aboard instad of only antags, sometimes.
IAA could also end up creating interesting traitor dynamics if they get to communicate with each other.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #286925

Speaking of stealing item objectives, what really rustles my jimmies is the fact that traitors don't have anyway of actually tracking their target item (unless it's the disk).
Now that's fine if they leave it in their locker or are publicly hanging around, but if they've fucked off some where (or as above if multiple people have the same object and someone else already stole it), you don't have any reasonable way of finding it.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #287190

So did I win? Will it be added?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #287195

srifenbyxp wrote:So did I win? Will it be added?
Nobody wins, ever.
Everybody losses.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #287219

Add mind slave
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #287244

Why would the syndicate allow you to teleport in backup if they already went through all the effort of brainwashing and turning you into a sleeper agent, how does that make any sense
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #287248

Super Aggro Crag wrote:>spend all your tcs on backup
>your backup is a cute girl
>you're both too shy to coordinate properly and end up bumbling and crushing on each other
>your target dies accidently and you escape in the shuttle holding hands

Shit idea ban and burn
I'd do that it sounds fun.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #287249

lumipharon wrote:Speaking of stealing item objectives, what really rustles my jimmies is the fact that traitors don't have anyway of actually tracking their target item (unless it's the disk).
Now that's fine if they leave it in their locker or are publicly hanging around, but if they've fucked off some where (or as above if multiple people have the same object and someone else already stole it), you don't have any reasonable way of finding it.
It's funny when I'm Rd and a wizard DIs me and realizes I was wearing their objective.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #287311

Shaps-cloud wrote:Why would the syndicate allow you to teleport in backup if they already went through all the effort of brainwashing and turning you into a sleeper agent, how does that make any sense
Really shitty management. Same reason why they keep fucking up and hiring guys who completely ignore their objectives so they can just go on killing sprees.