Alert Levels, Emergency Shuttle & ERT

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Alert Levels, Emergency Shuttle & ERT

Post by Steelpoint » #299501

As it stands the station alert status is really a gauge of how fast you want the emergency shuttle to arrive. People only raise to red alert to get the emergency shuttle called faster, not because the situation warrants raising to red alert. Anyone who's played during a long extended round knows that oft command will raise to red alert just to get off the station quicker.

My proposal is a rework of the alert system to make the actual alerts able to be altered far easier but to have only a minor impact.

-------------------------------

Station Alert (Green, Blue and Red) no longer affect escape ship arrival time. Green alert won't raise it to 20 minutes and Red alert won't lower it to 5 minutes, as of now the alerts more function for how overt Security can claim they can go, so the HoS/Cap can better justify martial law style rules and security raids with a red alert. In actuality it's more a fluff thing now.

In addition, you no longer need to swipe two command level ID's to raise to Red Alert. I suggest that the Captain and Head of Security can chose to raise to Red alert at will.

Final station alert point. I suggest that if the station is raised to Red Alert, that a new 'Request ERT' button is unlocked. All this would literally do is ping the admins that "Mr Man -Captain" has requested a ERT to be dispatched, along with a description as to why they want a ERT. This would not actually automatically send a ERT, it would just offer a more clear in game method for the crew to call for help.

---

To get the shuttle to arrive early, the "red alert" function of the swipe system is replaced with a "priority evacuation" function. The name is different but the function is identical in that it'll allow the shuttle to arrive in five minutes, irrespective of the current station alert.

-------------------------------

Just my thoughts since right now I find it a shame that station alert is just a alternative name for faster shuttle time.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Re: Alert Levels, Emergency Shuttle & ERT

Post by CPTANT » #299521

I am highly in favor of this.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #299531

Sounds neat.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #299536

Should be a purple alert button too
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #299553

Y E S
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #299584

PR it
Limey wrote:its too late.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #299594

I would but the coding seems just slightly byond my abilities. Hence this is in Ideas not Coding Feedback.