Chem Implant Settings

A place to record your ideas for the game.
PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

Chem Implant Settings

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #906

Okay going to throw this into the air for a coder to mull over if they like it. Chem implants are largely unused due to being far from the brig, and requiring the Captain, HoS, or Warden to bring to chemistry.

My idea is to have the chem implants either have no room for additional chemicals, but have a series of presets.

Non-Lethal take down: Chloral Hydrate, beepsky smash, Sleep tox injection. Get the criminal on probation on his knees for retrieval.

Lethal Overdose: Lethal injection toxin, or perhaps a mix of other types of chems to kill the target.

Healing Booster Pack (HBP): DD, Dexalin+, inaprov, Hyronalin.

Stimpack: Synaptizine, Hyperzine, "maybe just merge this with the top one made it this way to balance it. Either healing or stun resistance/move speed."

Monkitizer/Monkey Maker: Radiation to specific gene to turn target into monkey. (does not work in reverse) "Maybe if emagged if not standard?"

Explosive: Remote C4. "Attach c4 (c4 + Signaller?) to it, or Emag implanter?"

It may seem like cutting the chemist out or making him/her less useful, but sec rarely use these things. its a hassle to work with, perhaps making it this way will make it more of a better option, make paroled people more controlled, give syndicates a new toy/ strategy to use. To use them just have a implant machine, or use the standard implant device inside the box. It will let you set which frequency/number (to use from console) And change the options as well as giving a short description of what each one does, and/or intended use. Would hopefully make these items used more, and bought more from cargo. Another good option would be to have a chem implant remover so you can remove implants from people no longer on parole, or demoted officers.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: Chem Implant Settings

Post by Jeb » #973

I wish more Warden's would use these to parole perma'd prisoners tbh.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #1143

Honestly, I donot like the idea of presets. Perhaps some preloaded chem implanters could be kept in the armory, but presets dont make much sense to me.

Also, there are allready explosive implants. Now we just need to be able to remote detonate them, say from the PDA blower chip.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #1152

Maybe give the Armory 3 boxes of Chem Implants, which would each be labelled with the type they contain. That would be Non-Lethal, Stimpak and Lethal(This should probably be stored in the locker along with the syringes though). Or have these pre-loaded Implants orderable from Cargo.

If you really wanted these other advanced Implants, i suppose you could add them to R&D. Maybe have them require some expensive material and justify it by saying its for their "prototype chemical synthesizer" contained within the Implant.

Regardless, i agree that Implants in general are underused. Such a shame considering how fun they can be.