Face off

A place to record your ideas for the game.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Face off

Post by InsaneHyena » #309461

It's so dumb that the only way to steal an identity is through genetics, because in Hollywood plastic surgery being magic is an ancient trope. I mean, yeah, we can change faces in the game, but only to generic crew members, I'm talking about full on identity theft. Like in that movie, face off.

[youtube]CT3P8XbGLQQ[/youtube]
Bring back papercult.

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Face off

Post by Lumbermancer » #309462

I remember suggesting a new traitor item that would be a holographic mask, which you could use to scan someone stealthily and change your face and voice (no one uses voice changer anyway) to theirs. The drawback would be that if someone stood right next to you, then the mask would have a chance to "flicker" once in a while, potentially revealing your ruse.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #309466

Just cut off their face.
Bring back papercult.

Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #309469

I could have sworn plastic surgery is something that can be done pretty easily ingame.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309471

Plastic surgery should prompt a new name, not generate one.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #309472

But that would make impersonating people way too easy. It should require the victim of identity theft to be already incapacitated to be fair.
Bring back papercult.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #309473

plastic surgery requires a friend, which you'll find hard to convince anyone to give you plastic surgery if you're trying to impersonate someone
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #309535

The face should be a pseudo mask organ, because past that its just your skull which you actually need the integrity of to survive and without a face you wouldn't have a distinguishable identity without more invasive tests like blood or analysing the genetic content of your teeth.

A mask you wear under your mask, mould new faces out of a botox/sythnflesh and let surgery run wild.
Trapped, the traitor/nukeop hauls their victim into maint and proceeds to surgically remove the victim's face, before burning off their own with acid, they then attach the face to themselves since they are a rough match in skin color & appearance, re-don the chameleon mask in the victims clothes. A security officer initially stops them and asks them to take off the mask, they comply see it was the missing person that was kidnapped in the first place and let them go.
Can't see how a cautery is going, most definitely as mentioned before like on military synths, synthlflesh and chemicals should play a part.

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #309544

Funny you mention synths because when I suggested them, my initial thought was to have them as Snatcher-like side antagonists who flay their victims and place their removed skin over their frame.

EDIT: Obligatory
[youtube]BIyvSKCnBnk[/youtube]
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #309559

Maybe escaping with someone else's identity couldn't just be a ling objective.

Just rip the face off, deal some damage to it, then require the synth to apply synthflesh to just iron out the creases. I guess its sort of a changeling replacement.

Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #309564

CosmicScientist wrote:We could mix them in with traitor rounds and maybe sometimes give them access to TCs.

We should also make them strong one versus one, maybe how they flay people should be a blade that's as big as their arm! One that can't be removed otherwise we'll have players complaining they got buggered.

Just replace 'ling with automaton snatchers. Sounds more fun than an alien the antag role doesn't represent.
My idea about them was that they would spawn midround, probably either in maintenance or in space in a black jumpsuit, grey backpack and had a basic radio headset. They'd have two modes: Combat and stealth.
In combat mode, they'd be resilient to stuns (Completely immune to disablers, are paralyzed but not weakened by tasers/batons but flashes would be extra effective against them), get an innate level of armour (Let's say 50 melee, 50 laser, 30 bullet), their punches did the same amount of damage as a Hulk's, could force doors open with their barehands, break-out of restraints immediately, all their grabs were automatically upgraded to aggressive and their disarm intent did stamina damage. But they couldn't use guns, had an examine text that revealed their inhuman nature (even under disguises) and medical HUD's would have a question mark under their health.

In stealth mode; they're no more stronger or tougher than a Human being is in combat, react to stuns as though they were a living being, have no innate armour, will react to a lack of O2 by gasping (but they never will pass out from being out of air) and medical scanners will identify them as whatever species they're disguised as (no species will show them as a synth).

Both forms are immune to disease, radiation, toxin damage, have no need to breathe (but do have lungs), cannot gain genetics superpowers or disabilities and are unaffected by bloodloss and harmful gases. Conversely, EMPs and flashes are very effective against them and they needed to maintain their flesh disguise with medicine whilst their actual body needed to be welded or wire'd. I also wanted them to be capable of identifying each other on sight to avoid situations where they'd end up jumping and flaying one another. In addition, I also wanted to make it so that they couldn't be cloned but could be revived if they were repaired and experienced an electrical shock. Like being thrown into a grille, shocked door or defibbed.

In essence they were robust in melee and were decent at stealth, but not a lot better than anyone else at ranged combat and couldn't be both robust in melee AND be stealthy.
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #309575

Just replace the entire head.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #309605

It requires cloning, which is dumb.
Bring back papercult.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #309607

flayers could be like synths in that they start off fully robotic in maint until they grab someone and steal their skin.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #309608

Update plastic surgery to allow inputting your own custom names when?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #309609

PKPenguin321 wrote:Update plastic surgery to allow inputting your own custom names when?
THAT'S WHAT I SAID! IT'S LIKE, YEAH!