let's talk about the NULL crate

A place to record your ideas for the game.

what should be changed about the null crate?

Should contain less anti fun items (no ebow, 357, implants, no esword etc)
29%
Stay the same as it is
35%
Remove it
21%
Buff it so I can have more toys
15%

Total votes: 34

ma44
Byond Username: Ma44

let's talk about the NULL crate

Post by ma44 » #319974

Goofball is somehow trying to get them removed after buffing it before so it shows the players are retarded (but it still gave more loot than before so lol)

Tho this is a neat topic about the discussion of the null crate for balance memes.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Re: let's talk about the NULL crate

Post by John_Oxford » #319980

only way to generate more syndicate items

there are no other obtainable ways to generate a infinite number of syndicate items

late game syndicate items are important to round progression and stability by keeping the power in the party who obtains them
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #319981

Didn't we nerf cargo into the ground for this very reason?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #320111

I do not feel there is a need to change the Syndicate Surplus Crate (The correct name). If Cargo orders several of them, that means that the Traitor can order them and murderbone, but that same muderbone can be shut down by people with the same item. It is the American approach to firearms!
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #320114

More like some assistant will start throwing EMPs everywhere because he thinks it's funny
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320264

Spoiler:
Tories: We want to sell off the NHS to private medical care providers.

The People: What? No. Fuck off.

Tories: Fine. We're going to stealthily defund the NHS so it underperforms.

The People: Did you say something?

Tories: We didn't say anything. But hey, look, the NHS is underperforming! We should definitely sell it off!

The People: Well-

Tories: TOO LATE! MONEY MONEY MONEY! DOSH! READIES! GREEN! WONGAAAAAAAAA!
Seems like another patented Goof anti-fun push.

The Syndicate Surplus crate is a fun addition for any Syndie who manages to somehow secure cargo bay and a whole fuckton of points, and is also fun for a crew that do the same with the added caveat of needing to find an electromagnetic card somewhere (a thing they'd never normally find).

If it's such a problem, nerf it to pre-buff condition.
Last edited by AnonymousNow on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #320372

Its is extremely foolish to assume that cargo won't actively tolerate a traitor to emag the cargo console solely to get this crate and dispense it to the crew, because as we know cargonians are selfish gun hoarders and pretty much anybody who defends the null crate is usually counted amongst the numbers of those who rush the crate, as well as wear the contents of the crate in public such as hardsuits running around the station on adrenals dragging soap non-antag to be alarming annoyances.

If security gets pissed off with the amount of IC space law restricted contraband, they are within their rights to confiscate it (bag it and throw in armory/RnD decon it) and destroy the cargo console fairly enough to keep the peace until the emagger is found.

> Syndicate items are generally better, and our players like min-maxing to have the best equipment even if they aren't kosher in the IC game.

Spoiler:
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #320373

So more fun, more toys, and more things for security to do that isn't validhunting? If all else fails they can give the tator items to R&D to both destroy them and get kosher improvements on them.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #320376

Besides the point that its a waste of security's time when there are REAL traitors out there murdering people, and it gives people a shitty alibi to hide in the crowd of idiots all wearing traitor gear they shouldn't even have. RnD can only destroy so much as a better alternative is to put dangerous (but useful) pieces in the armory or literally take it out to the garbage crusher and destroy it.

Spoiler:
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #320393

So?
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #320410

Make it so that its half random crate and half bundle box
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320413

It sounds to me like you're describing a viable tato strategy that preys on the sensibilities of the crew to sow discord on the station.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #320414

When you read this thread remember to replace the word "fun" with "griefing".
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #320429

AnonymousNow wrote:It sounds to me like you're describing a viable tato strategy that preys on the sensibilities of the crew to sow discord on the station.
Its about as "strategical" as opening the armory or growing & dispensing gatfruit (which i tried & failed to nerf to stop this happening) instead its a server culture problem where people scramble for guns and never give them up, often having to literally fight it out of thier hands, or the guns end up being accessories to robberies of the armory (shooting/meleeing down windows and doors to get into armory and collect more guns) by non-antags.

If every traitor round is undermined by bullshit wizard-esque (give guns to everyone) almost back to back every round people will not want to play and show the same level of enthusiasm for how they feel fighting against cult or conversion antags where it feels repetitive in sequence when the same type of conversion rounds are constantly picked.

Once again it totally undermines security as vigilantism, "get gud" powergamers, and people who greyshit for no reason get weapons and sometimes out robust the traitor with them, revealing it to be a very flawed strat for the same reasons that summoning guns (but nobody is given gun nut antagonist objectives) purely means the wiz is going to get shot eventually. If the real indistinguishable traitor is dead, you've still got a crew full of greyshit undesirables running around with traitor gear that need to be picked through & policed by responsible remaining security staff.

If a admin is not there to handle any ahelps resulting from the syndicate items (etc. "ThisCkey" just ebowed me to steal the armory, valid ???") then multiply shittyness
by x10.
  • Oh yeah, count the number of people who actively wont ahelp shitty behaviour either because they think the person is a traitor or it DA or usually state (is X Valid! ???)

Spoiler:
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320438

Sounds like a player problem, not a feature problem. The bid to remove this crate because of misuse by some people penalises others whilst going against the sacred mantra of "improve, don't remove"; but more importantly, it's never been the case that null crates have been ordered every traitor round.

If this has started happening recently, and has become actually disruptive rather than in-game disruptive, then we should look at why that happened and fix THAT issue, rather than sharpening the butcher's knife as Goof is wont to do.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #320439

Professor Hangar wrote:So more fun, more toys, and more things for security to do that isn't validhunting? If all else fails they can give the tator items to R&D to both destroy them and get kosher improvements on them.
You mean like get killed because they try to stop a person in obv traitor gear and gets killed only to be found out they weren't a traitor at all.

The only way for security to stop it is to kill everyone involved or else they're going to kill security out of "self defense", it is the purest form of self antagging because you purposely carry antag gear and hope to use it on anyone that tries to stop you for being a traitor.

Ever since it switched from the set items with functionality to wildcard traitor items it has been absolutely stupid.

Also I hate the emag so I REALLY hate how you can get the elusive 6 tc item to bypass the balance of TC pricing
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #320442

Improve, don't remove is not sacred.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320449

It's strange that people conveniently forget the cost of the crate itself when complaining about it, especially since it's one of the most expensive items on the list (unless that's been changed as well). It's not infinite free crates full of goodies if they cost something that's difficult to acquire, natch.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #320450

Daily reminder that the easiest and fastest way to fix player problems is with code solutions
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #320452

I'll be part of the anti null crate crowd when we male cargo actually FUN AAAAAAAAA

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #320483

AnonymousNow wrote:It's strange that people conveniently forget the cost of the crate itself when complaining about it, especially since it's one of the most expensive items on the list (unless that's been changed as well). It's not infinite free crates full of goodies if they cost something that's difficult to acquire, natch.
*stares at the ORM* are you SURE about that
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320521

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that those points can't be used to buy a null crate, since it's on a seperate system - crates and materials like plasma etc. need to be sent on the cargo shuttle to Centcom before you can accrue cargo points.

Unless THAT'S been changed as well, in which case the Null Crate has definitely been set up to fail, and at such a point it can be called code sabotage.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #320524

Delete your post immediately
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320527

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #320532

Tech disks accrue something like 40k upward points, as well as selling all the plasma intake miners bring back (a lot)

Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #320533

Quantum disks are over 100,000 if anyone did research correctly
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320538

That's a lot of ifs. They keep piling up.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #320539

Everyone who thinks null crates used with cargo mining and science cooperation is balanced is wrong.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #320542

kevinz000 wrote:Everyone who thinks null crates used with cargo mining and science cooperation is balanced is wrong.
>science
>cooperating
A Y Y L M A O

kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #320543

calzilla1 wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:Everyone who thinks null crates used with cargo mining and science cooperation is balanced is wrong.
>science
>cooperating
A Y Y L M A O
find me one science team that is
1. Not a bunch of incompetent monkies
2. Will refuse antag gear
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #320577

kevinz000 wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
>science
>cooperating
A Y Y L M A O
find me one science team that is
1. Not a bunch of incompetent monkies
2. Will refuse antag gear
I tend to cover for antagonists who surreptitiously give me antag gear to deconstruct and in return I let them in and walk away from the console to 'go on break' for 5 minutes
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320632

Well, what is the best way to rebalance this feature of the game, if it is such a problem?

It's recently been buffed, which is around about the time when the first complaints appeared regarding it; before then, it was never a problem, as far as I was aware (I didn't encounter a single complaint). It was only recently that I discovered that there are people who don't like it, starting with Goof's various memepulls.

Logic dictates that this change, this buff, is the first port of call in returning it to normal operational parameters; this is a popular choice amongst the general consensus of keeping the crate in the game, though not as popular as people who currently believe that the crate has no issues worth changing.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #320635

AnonymousNow wrote:Well, what is the best way to rebalance this feature of the game, if it is such a problem?

It's recently been buffed, which is around about the time when the first complaints appeared regarding it; before then, it was never a problem, as far as I was aware (I didn't encounter a single complaint). It was only recently that I discovered that there are people who don't like it, starting with Goof's various memepulls.

Logic dictates that this change, this buff, is the first port of call in returning it to normal operational parameters; this is a popular choice amongst the general consensus of keeping the crate in the game, though not as popular as people who currently believe that the crate has no issues worth changing.
What you're referring to is people hating it ingame, usually not vocal groups of server only players never grace github/forums to report bugs and only sort of recently have we got a bug tracker, eitherway that buff has caused a overspill of vocal rage.

Your last few sentences are unsubstantiated because you've mistook there being no blatent evidence of players disliking it just because they didn't say anything, for no evidence absolute to defend it.

Spoiler:
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #320639

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:-
What you're referring to is people hating it ingame, usually not vocal groups of server only players never grace github/forums to report bugs and only sort of recently have we got a bug tracker, eitherway that buff has caused a overspill of vocal rage.

Your last few sentences are unsubstantiated because you've mistook there being no blatent evidence of players disliking it just because they didn't say anything, for no evidence absolute to defend it.
What you seem to be suggesting is that there's a group of people who've hated it for a long time, but most of them haven't said anything about it because they're not the kind of people to say such things, and that they've now chosen to make their feelings known at this point in time.

That seems as though it'd be very hard to prove. The most likely scenario by far is that people are feeling enraged by this buff in particular, since that's what's causing these disturbances that I've yet to encounter.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #320641

I have never heard null crates complained about ingame. its almost as if a group of people who only browse the forums are whining about it.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #320651

Can someone post the null crate buff PR?

Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #320817

The problem arised when it went from being a set of items to a wildcard syndicate crate that could have just about everything from the uplink
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #320824

Just change it to give you a traitor bundle.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #320833

ShadowDimentio wrote:Just change it to give you a traitor bundle.
This TBH

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #321011

just unbuff it and smack goofball or whoever was dumb enough to buff
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #321054

It was prob ma44 lol
kevinz000