Predatory mobs mutilate bodies for food

A place to record your ideas for the game.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Predatory mobs mutilate bodies for food

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #328599

Partially something for planet-station but not entirely, given how the projected goal is to set up a ecosystem there.

Its pretty easy to cause creatures like megafauna to simply gib or reduce a ckey mob into bones, when it comes to smaller mobs though they tend to just focus on living targets to attack then ignore them afterwards. Spiders of course passively wrap bodies up to suck nutrients out of.
  • Certain mobs have internal counters that allow them to do special actions like 'reproduce' or heal themselves passively from the contents of their stomach or hunger, in most cases healing is instantaneous upon eating, like how bosses can regain health from the dead.
  • Ian & goldgrubs are the simplest NPC's to already simulate eating, because they have 'desirable' things they want to eat, on a carnivorous mob then like a space bear, they would seek out a dead ckey body then dismember it to eat the arms and legs which are the desired food items when they lose aggro.
So if you leave X amount of predatory mobs off screen with a corpse to devour, you may return to more predatory mobs than you originally first encountered, and a limbless nugget/bloody smear where the corpse was. Eating monkeys is a easy way to suppliment this since they are cheap and renewable, and it gives simple mobs more complex things to do until someone works out how to make them forage through tray/natural plants for more herbivorous options.

> Going under the reasoning that a goliath is a herbivore, finding passively that they are moving towards or grazing over lavaland ash-plants to eat to restore health after murdering a ashwalker poking them with a spear & failing, or plodding over to some already gathered dropped ash-fruits.

> Gutlunches are organic detrivores for example and eat gibs, working in that simple function, seeking it out for themselves.

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Predatory mobs mutilate bodies for food

Post by InsaneHyena » #328626

Good idea, it will make such mobs as space bears and carps threatening instead of jokes they are now
Bring back papercult.

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #328638

What's the deal with fwoosh's vore fetish
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #328652

Says the crag, who suggests we eat embryonic lizard egg fetuses in omelettes.

Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #328668

Its not vore if its not full term that's why abortion clinics are allowed to serve sandwiches
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #329533

this is not citadel/virgo go back to whereever you came from fwoosh
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329545

kevinz000 wrote:this is not citadel/virgo go back to whereever you came from fwoosh
So not a word how you think this might improve the game for simple creatures by giving them more interesting idle/mechanic routines and instead get a lecture to go back home from YOU of all people. Ok. :lol:

Now if you excuse me i need to put a arm in the deep fat fryer, then into a burger so i can get my ckey mob sustenance like a civilised person.

Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #329667

kevinz000 wrote:this is not citadel/virgo go back to whereever you came from fwoosh
This is the citadel admin talking
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #329668

calzilla1 wrote:
This is the citadel admin talking
maintainer, i guess he would know what qualifies.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #329966

Turn behaviors into generic trait datums 2017?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #330844

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
So not a word how you think this might improve the game for simple creatures by giving them more interesting idle/mechanic routines and instead get a lecture to go back home from YOU of all people. Ok. :lol:

Now if you excuse me i need to put a arm in the deep fat fryer, then into a burger so i can get my ckey mob sustenance like a civilised person.
well for one the word from me is "no you don't need to be permanently removed from the round by a bear/carp.
ez
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #330902

I offered two versions, one where they just de-limb your arms and legs and the other which you say the mob picks you apart piece by piece to eat you, so a no vote on the latter it seems.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #331273

bears should totally be allowed to collect arms it's their constitutional right
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #331281

FantasticFwoosh wrote:I offered two versions, one where they just de-limb your arms and legs and the other which you say the mob picks you apart piece by piece to eat you, so a no vote on the latter it seems.
I have an unfinished, semiworking, rogue medical cyborg mob that performs surgery to remove all of your non-vital organs + then limbs, leaving you a nub.
私は完璧
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #331285

Remie Richards wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I offered two versions, one where they just de-limb your arms and legs and the other which you say the mob picks you apart piece by piece to eat you, so a no vote on the latter it seems.
I have an unfinished, semiworking, rogue medical cyborg mob that performs surgery to remove all of your non-vital organs + then limbs, leaving you a nub.

I dont think a bear can do surgery, but them having a special action to open up your chest cavity for a large percentage of damage post death would be nice.

We can replace hearts and lungs anyway with fakes or donors, its what the technology of limb printers, cloning & cybernetics are for.

Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #331304

Remie Richards wrote:
once again I look at my half-finished sprite folder and think to myself "I really should look into finishing up those fucked up stitched together cybernetic frankenstein moontrap/virus/strogg abortions" that I was looking into making as mobs
the original concept was for an away mission on a post-malf station when both pure-malf-rounds and away missions were a thing and those were going to be what became of the station's crew
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #331313

My cyborg was for some kind of medical station/ship with System Shock style cyborg monsters, so yes, those sprites would be nice.
私は完璧
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #331320

Screemonster wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
once again I look at my half-finished sprite folder and think to myself "I really should look into finishing up those fucked up stitched together cybernetic frankenstein moontrap/virus/strogg abortions" that I was looking into making as mobs
the original concept was for an away mission on a post-malf station when both pure-malf-rounds and away missions were a thing and those were going to be what became of the station's crew
Remie Richards wrote:My cyborg was for some kind of medical station/ship with System Shock style cyborg monsters, so yes, those sprites would be nice.
Coul work as a possible space ruin. You could use the abandoned satellite ruin (the one with the centcom jumpsuit and NASA voidsuits) as a base to build off of if you ever mapped it out, the central area is a fairly ideal place for an AI chamber, you could have it so that space explorers have to get through mutilated and mutated crewmembers, corrupted and mindless cyborgs and automated defences to get at some decent loot. You could even have it as an alternative place to get a combat hacking upgrade.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #331321

It was specifically designed to be in space, yes (not like crashed or anything) because we have far too many lavaland ruins.
plus now we have pods though at the time I never considered them.
私は完璧