Replacement for that shit medbay ruin

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Replacement for that shit medbay ruin

Post by Armhulen » #341109

ghost role, but it spawns you in as a randomly generated god in a temple. The temple itself will be extremely small and your core is right in the open. If your core is taken out of your temple, you will die. Your core can be redeemed for lots of credits, lots of minerals if the miner wants it, or a free research level (maybe, i don't want to touch techwebs lmao)

So okay your core is important, protect it. How? You can build resource generators in enclosed rooms, place floors to increase where they can build stuff. They can also place floortraps that trigger when stepped, emitters that can pass through one wall, reflectors, and other stuff.

Is this worth coding because it won't be easy
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Re: Replacement for that shit medbay ruin

Post by Armhulen » #341110

tl;dr hand of god that does all the shit himself and can't instakill people with his smite powers
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #341111

Sounds cool
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #341114

everywhere there's a floor = godlands

it's dangerous to branch out in only one direction because they only need to carry it off godlands to kill you.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #341118

Frankly, I think it'd be fine if it had some rare stuff in it. As it stands the rarest (interesting) thing is a Lazarus Injector, unless I've missed something important.

Change it so that it contains cybernetic parts and a number of randomised implants, plus more medical equipment, like a proper Nanomed. And/or give it a full genetics lab, only lacking cloning capability and with a bunch of already-mutated monkeys (patients) to give you a legs up on the station, like the Syndicate base gets on virology/the Lifebringer ship gets on hydroponics.

Now it's the kind of place that miners want to find and secure with an auxilliary base.

That said, I like the idea of a sort of sentient temple. Give it its own agenda other than survival and expansion - maybe it wants to carve its way to the gates and secure the statues.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #341119

I could make the temple treasure turn into loot when carried off of the godlands
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #341121

Armhulen wrote:I could make the temple treasure turn into loot when carried off of the godlands
I want a crystal ball with magic properties.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #341209

All this description makes me want to do is see if I can dig up a dosbox-compatible copy of the original dungeon keeper from somewhere

Grow god-tiles onto tendrils to claim the mobs for your horde

Sacrifice a legion, a watcher and a goliath to a chasm to get rewarded with a horned reaper
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #341213

this sounds dope, especially since there's actual incentive to get the core
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #341237

Make it so you have to spawn loot for more power
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #341437

Screemonster wrote:All this description makes me want to do is see if I can dig up a dosbox-compatible copy of the original dungeon keeper from somewhere
A fully Windows compatible version is available on GoodOldGames.
Screemonster wrote:Grow god-tiles onto tendrils to claim the mobs for your horde

Sacrifice a legion, a watcher and a goliath to a chasm to get rewarded with a horned reaper
Other than making it the non-union equivalent, abso-fuckin'-lutely.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #341777

calzilla1 wrote:Make it so you have to spawn loot for more power
thats neat. The bigger you are, the juicier a target.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #341937

This idea sounds like a great way to make a blob tutorial ghost role.

If you make the lavaland role mechanically similar to blob but not an overall danger to miners unless they go for the loot core, it not only will be easier to design but also serve a double purpose!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #341977

cue miners landing aux base exactly 1 tile away from your core so it's one step and ggnore
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #342000

DemonFiren wrote:cue miners landing aux base exactly 1 tile away from your core so it's one step and ggnore
They need to come near and set up the beacon first you stupid fuck
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342006

for anyone killing bubblegums zero point two nanoseconds into the round that's not really gonna be a challenge

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #342007

If you're already next to the core why would you place the aux base instead of killing the core
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342012

depending on how the building restrictions are you may be able to wall off the core faster than a malf ai with a ce metabuddy on hyperzine
and the aux base gives you a pretty huge area of effect so you can beacon it in from a safe spot that isn't trapped out the ass

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #342013

DemonFiren wrote:depending on how the building restrictions are you may be able to wall off the core faster than a malf ai with a ce metabuddy on hyperzine
and the aux base gives you a pretty huge area of effect so you can beacon it in from a safe spot that isn't trapped out the ass
>hyperzine
Anyways theres gonna be some no build/no teleport zone
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #342017

Aux base needs a cleared out area dumb lizzer literally stopped by walls parts of the ruin etc. Letting the god expend a bit of power to make a wall would let it screw your hidey hole strat until the end of time.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342019

calzilla1 wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:depending on how the building restrictions are you may be able to wall off the core faster than a malf ai with a ce metabuddy on hyperzine
>hyperzine
Anyways theres gonna be some no build/no teleport zone
fuck off it's hyperzine
Incomptinence wrote:Aux base needs a cleared out area dumb lizzer literally stopped by walls parts of the ruin etc. Letting the god expend a bit of power to make a wall would let it screw your hidey hole strat until the end of time.
hey, shut up
i don't even play the game, how would i know that

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #342045

DemonFiren wrote: hey, shut up
i don't even play the game, how would i know that
Then why do you still post here

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #342095

that is one of the dumbest questions i've ever seen from you

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342540

Throw in some old HOG buildings, construct pylons and play a little bit of dungeon keeper for monsters that drop loot from the blob equivalent spore factories.

Sounds good, but the temple should be able to telepathically contact people to negotiate alliances/taunt somewhat.

Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #342563

At least play the game enough to know what you're talking about :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #342573

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Sounds good, but the temple should be able to telepathically contact people to negotiate alliances/taunt somewhat.
The wall suddenly contorts, and writing appears on it! It says, "your a fagget".

I still like the idea of a sentient temple. And of an expanded medbay ruin. Both. So, who can we strongarm into making this?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #342575

i was gonna make it and then i looked at hog code and i was like lol no
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342596

Then just dont use HOG code, do something new using HOG sprites.

Spoiler: