Stun Combat Overhaul

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: Stun Combat Overhaul

Post by Incomptinence » #368797

Bottom post of the previous page:

The typical user of disablers is security the gear of which includes a stunning baton to beat you to death with anyway.

Also if we are afraid of the big bad chain stun (WEAKLING) just make stamina stuns have a fixed cool down.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #368801

Incomptinence wrote:The typical user of disablers is security the gear of which includes a stunning baton to beat you to death with anyway.

Also if we are afraid of the big bad chain stun (WEAKLING) just make stamina stuns have a fixed cool down.
i dont really give a shit about chainstuns but when it's literally just "hit with toolbox" it seems a bit too easy you feel me
if you're gonna bitch about weakling combat i'd imagine you wouldn't support any of this change at all
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #368802

kevinz i love you
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #368803

I don't support the overhaul that doesn't forbid thinking about it and commenting on it.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #368808

I'd like to echo the concerns on slips being changed as well.

Another possible change you might want to consider is slowing down running speed. As it is now, everyone moves at breakneck speeds and it's very hard to land a hit on someone who's running around like a manic. That's without even mentioning the insanely fast speeds of back mounted jetpacks, speed enhancing chems, angel wings, and flight suits.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #368812

Hathkar wrote:Another possible change you might want to consider is slowing down running speed. As it is now, everyone moves at breakneck speeds and it's very hard to land a hit on someone who's running around like a manic. That's without even mentioning the insanely fast speeds of back mounted jetpacks, speed enhancing chems, angel wings, and flight suits.

i wasn't around for when the last time this happened but I believed there was enough screaming to dissuade anyone but the mighty HG.

Ebows will likely be nerfed to 2 hit stun, OR no stun but it would be crippling enough to making chasing after getting hit twice not worth it, I'm deciding right now. If it's 2 hit stun it might as well recharge 2x rate or something, I dunno.
Neurotoxin. Eh, maybe I'll make it ruin your ability to fight by making your attacks go off target/hit things you weren't meaning to hit? Don't know right now, if I don't come up with something it'll get its stun back.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #368816

kevinz000 wrote:
Hathkar wrote:Another possible change you might want to consider is slowing down running speed. As it is now, everyone moves at breakneck speeds and it's very hard to land a hit on someone who's running around like a manic. That's without even mentioning the insanely fast speeds of back mounted jetpacks, speed enhancing chems, angel wings, and flight suits.

i wasn't around for when the last time this happened but I believed there was enough screaming to dissuade anyone but the mighty HG.

Ebows will likely be nerfed to 2 hit stun, OR no stun but it would be crippling enough to making chasing after getting hit twice not worth it, I'm deciding right now. If it's 2 hit stun it might as well recharge 2x rate or something, I dunno.
Neurotoxin. Eh, maybe I'll make it ruin your ability to fight by making your attacks go off target/hit things you weren't meaning to hit? Don't know right now, if I don't come up with something it'll get its stun back.
Fuck the haters, game balance sometimes means nerfing things. Lowering overall speed would make speed increasing chems or implants much more valuable than they are now.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #368818

Kev, if you want to do this, clear your fucking schedule, quit your job, and hire someone to whip you because you are going to code and not STOP coding until the new system is fun and bug free.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #368821

Why ebows though?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #368832

Saegrimr wrote:Why ebows though?
If the idea is to remove 1 hit ranged stuns from the game outside of maybe wizard spells, then ebow has to be changed as well. up the toxin damage and it basically becomes a silent, slower revolver.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #368833

kevinz000 wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:
3 and when's the last time you played? :^)
BeeSting12 wrote:I saw him on the server last night.
-------
RedRaijiin wrote:Wasnt he perma banned and his appeal denied?

i mean you'd think if beesting said they seen me playing last night that i wouldn't be perma banned.

i mean

just a thought
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #368861

some high-q negroids we got here
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #368916

Dr_bee wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:

Fuck the haters, game balance sometimes means nerfing things. Lowering overall speed would make speed increasing chems or implants much more valuable than they are now.
literally i can think of like 3 people that would enjoy slower speeds, awful idea
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PathOfChaos1
Byond Username: Pathofchaos1

Post by PathOfChaos1 » #369390

I only see Ebow being a problem during Low-pop can you just remove it from low-pop instead of fucking it up? I also don't want to be even slower. We have gone past the point of being able to move slower. I primarily mine, and being slower isnt going to be fucking fun down there. So can we not make people slower because other people can't aim?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #369396

Hmm bit of an idea.
Stamina needs to build up to 100 to stun as planned.
Instead of health and stamina being directly linked damage to health applies a multiplier to stamina damage inflicted. You have one fifth of your health before soft crit it multiplies by 5 that sort of thing.

There now no tears pkp can't be chain stunned by non stamina damage while having the shit beaten out of him after a stamina stun which will probably end up critting him anyway.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #369426

PKPenguin321 wrote: literally i can think of like 3 people that would enjoy slower speeds, awful idea
Yeah, and a ton of people bitched about assmaint removal, too. It's a foundation issue that everybody moves like sonic and can cross the station in a fucking minute. Speed Needs to be much slower because combat is pretty fucking bullshit. Yakkity sax is a meme and Not Fun if you want the combat to have meaning and not be 'slip him and kill him' shit that an attempt is being made to get away from.

It's a big change and a huge balancing one, but like stun combat, assistants, and shallow cqc, it needs a major step in a different direction.
No, they aren't going to like it. So fucking what, when aren't people bitching.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #369476

The principles of the combat are fine if you don't flip out on stuns for preventing you being able to act or whatever.

Actual problem is the 2 top down 360 view pretty much every round type is built on surprise of some sort but people have eyes in the back of their head.

Good luck perfectly sidestepping the aim of someone coming up on you from behind if you can't see out your ass.