Reduce crit time

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Reduce crit time

Post by Reimoo » #30137

So that MDs would actually get off their ass and use inaprovaline for once. Medicine is hardly used at the scene of the incident because you can take a sunday stroll while pulling a person in critical to the medbay.

This results in critical condition not really being critical at all.

IIRC current crit time is 5 minutes until death without any additional damage being taken upon being knocked into crit. This thread is to discuss if it's better to reduce this time, and if so, by how much.
Arete
Byond Username: Arete

Re: Reduce crit time

Post by Arete » #30139

How about having being dragged in crit without a bed deal additional damage? Not so much that a barely-critted person can't be dragged across the entire station to medbay, but enough that if you just got there in time, you need to either do some immediate treatment or else be very careful about how you bring him back.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #30141

Arete wrote:How about having being dragged in crit without a bed deal additional damage? Not so much that a barely-critted person can't be dragged across the entire station to medbay, but enough that if you just got there in time, you need to either do some immediate treatment or else be very careful about how you bring him back.
I like this idea better.
However people are going to drag you anyway and just throw you in front of genetics, not their problem anymore.
I love seeing people still gasping in front of genetics.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #30144

Well at least that solution is magnitudes better than what we have now.

Being a janitor would be slightly less hair pullingly frustrating because the only bodies being dragged would be dead ones.

Plus seeing doctors actually using the stretcher beds is kinda neat.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #30172

Reimoo wrote:Well at least that solution is magnitudes better than what we have now.

Being a janitor would be slightly less hair pullingly frustrating because the only bodies being dragged would be dead ones.

Plus seeing doctors actually using the stretcher beds is kinda neat.
Part of the deal with stretchers is that literally nobody minds who they run through or past. And because byond is shit, literally everyone will pull things you're pulling out of your hands and probably down the hall.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #30182

This is good.

If you want to increase the mortality rate of people who go into crit.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #30311

I'd prefer having Baymed, but this is an OK stopgap. Didn't crit time used to be shorter anyway?
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #30352

It would be fine if we actually had medics to administrate inaprovaline and to save patients.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #30405

bandit wrote:I'd prefer having Baymed, but this is an OK stopgap. Didn't crit time used to be shorter anyway?
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #30424

The crit time is fine as it is, if you want medics to use invaprovaline, the inaprovaline itself should be better. Auto-injectors baby plus the medical HUD indicating if they are gasping to death or not (so you have a visual indicator that they work)
I accept donations, click here
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #30477

QuartzCrystal wrote:
bandit wrote:I'd prefer having Baymed, but this is an OK stopgap. Didn't crit time used to be shorter anyway?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #30485

Psyentific wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #30624

Baymed a shit and yeah, shorter was better.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #30736

geilebeer wrote:Baymed a shit and yeah, shorter was better.
In Baymed, you can literally disable the clown's hands. You can break greytider's legs. You can chop off hands for petty theft and beat people with their own arms.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #30808

And then mime will break both of your legs and both of your arms and you will cry because nobody will heal you and you will spend whole round cursing baymed that you want so much
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #30813

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:And then mime will break both of your legs and both of your arms and you will cry because nobody will heal you and you will spend whole round cursing baymed that you want so much
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #30880

Cipher3 wrote:
Psyentific wrote:
QuartzCrystal wrote:
Theres like, 5 servers running baycode, go and play them, you don't need bad ports med here
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #30897

Psyentific wrote:
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:And then mime will break both of your legs and both of your arms and you will cry because nobody will heal you and you will spend whole round cursing baymed that you want so much
Let me ask you something, are you actually mentally retarded?

Do you not understand that this is PvP multiplayer game, at least it has big PvP elements in it.

Which fucking means that there WILL be a losing side. It doesn't matter WHO it is, game mechanics shouldn't fuck over people so that their only choice is to ghost out of the round.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #30914

Eh against shorter crit time. You can't stir the average medics to action competency with corpses the only sort of player this would effect would be the people who are suggesting it, doctors who give a damn.

Dismemberment is nice and hey we have people get upset about injury in magic meds land anyway so why not? Lizard like regen virus symptom to make limbs slowly grow back would be just our speed also.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #30944

Crit is fine as it is.
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #31013

Aranclanos wrote:The crit time is fine as it is, if you want medics to use invaprovaline, the inaprovaline itself should be better. Auto-injectors baby plus the medical HUD indicating if they are gasping to death or not (so you have a visual indicator that they work)
This sounds pretty neat.
How about the "Critical bar" on the medhuds actually decrease or increase depending on how much crit. health, like your normal health bar instead of just flashing. Would that be hard to code?
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31024

Rumia29 wrote:
Aranclanos wrote:The crit time is fine as it is, if you want medics to use invaprovaline, the inaprovaline itself should be better. Auto-injectors baby plus the medical HUD indicating if they are gasping to death or not (so you have a visual indicator that they work)
This sounds pretty neat.
How about the "Critical bar" on the medhuds actually decrease or increase depending on how much crit. health, like your normal health bar instead of just flashing. Would that be hard to code?
Probably not really good to have "critical" and "come on really guys I mean it this time"
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #31044

Incomptinence wrote:Eh against shorter crit time. You can't stir the average medics to action competency with corpses the only sort of player this would effect would be the people who are suggesting it, doctors who give a damn.
Doctors don't give a damn because anybody can do what they do. Doctors aren't the only people capable of pulling someone out of crit.

In which case if crit time is reduced the standard procedure would be to administer inaprovaline first regardless if the person doing the administering is a doctor or not.
cedarbridge wrote: Probably not really good to have "critical" and "come on really guys I mean it this time"
This. The whole purpose of doing this is to make critical condition actually critical instead of just a minor inconvenience.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #31167

Reimoo wrote:Doctors don't give a damn because anybody can do what they do. Doctors aren't the only people capable of pulling someone out of crit.
The same can be said about anyone.

Look, it just boils down to that inaprov is shit. You have sleepers that are OP, you have cryo that is OP with the right mix, you have first aid kits that instantly heal, there is no place for inaprov in this world.
Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #31180

Which is why the med system needs an overhaul. Not to baymed extent, but still. The crit time reduction should only be implemented if it's one of many solutions.
Last edited by Reimoo on Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31198

Reimoo wrote:Why is why the med system needs an overhaul.
Seems like every time any idea related to Medical comes up, baymed also comes up and a bunch of people want it. I think the only reason we don't have some kind of overhauled medical system is because nobody wants to code it.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #31205

Ugh, really you idiots. If you shorten crit time, the same thing will happen as before. Barely anyone will bother saving someone and just give them to genetics, because they won't waste their time. And even then alot more people will die.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #31207

How about this crazy alternative!

If you get knocked into critical, you can do one of two actions. You can either remain lying down in critical as normal, you'll take as long to die as usual. However you can instead chose to get up and keep moving (albeit at a very slow speed) in a attempt to find help, however doing this will make you die far quicker than normal.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #31209

Interesting idea but,

>get up from crit
>take miracle pill
>regenerate to 100%
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #31211

Of course, once your in crit you should be unable to actually do anything at all. You are totally reliant on getting someone else to help you, this is so if you get crit in maintenance or in the middle of nowhere (West side of the station) you can attempt to find help.

*EDIT*

Also, you should not be able to talk or anything like that. At best you can move slowly, open doors you have access to and hope someone helps you. If your stuck in space your pretty much dead.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #31249

Reimoo wrote:Why is why the med system needs an overhaul. Not to baymed extent, but still. The crit time reduction should only be implemented if it's one of many solutions.
Probably, yeah
Psyentific wrote:Seems like every time any idea related to Medical comes up, baymed also comes up and a bunch of people want it.
No, it's all in your head. Trust me.
Psyentific wrote:I think the only reason we don't have some kind of overhauled medical system is because nobody wants to code it.
Come up with a good one first.

You have a point in that chemistry is also shit and miracle pills can be made in 5 minutes in large quantities out of nothing. But then if you make it so good chems require stuff from other departments, then you need to change them as well and it all adds up.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31268

Lo6a4evskiy wrote:
Reimoo wrote:Why is why the med system needs an overhaul. Not to baymed extent, but still. The crit time reduction should only be implemented if it's one of many solutions.
Probably, yeah
Psyentific wrote:Seems like every time any idea related to Medical comes up, baymed also comes up and a bunch of people want it.
No, it's all in your head. Trust me.
Psyentific wrote:I think the only reason we don't have some kind of overhauled medical system is because nobody wants to code it.
Come up with a good one first.

You have a point in that chemistry is also shit and miracle pills can be made in 5 minutes in large quantities out of nothing. But then if you make it so good chems require stuff from other departments, then you need to change them as well and it all adds up.
The thing with chemistry is that its really not dissimilar from medbay itself. It just has the added feature of being mobile after the prep work is done. I mean, I say that as one of maybe two chemists I've ever seen actually taking meds out to dying/injured people, but you know. Its stuff to do, even if nobody does it. In the end, all of medbay (minus bruise packs) is chemistry anyway.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31373

I'll just port autoinjectors when I can be fucked so inaprov isn't useless
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #31438

paprika wrote:I'll just port autoinjectors when I can be fucked so inaprov isn't useless
I'm not familiar, but are autoinjectors refillable? As neat as that would be, it sounds like something that would devalue the hypospray.
Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #31439

Well they shouldn't be.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31443

cedarbridge wrote:
paprika wrote:I'll just port autoinjectors when I can be fucked so inaprov isn't useless
I'm not familiar, but are autoinjectors refillable? As neat as that would be, it sounds like something that would devalue the hypospray.
Autoinjectors are one-shot 5u injectors. Think hypospray or parapen, but 5u inaprovaline (Or better, 4u Inap 1u Dex+). They usually replace the useless inaprovaline syringes in medkits. I don't remember if they can be refilled on Nanocode, but on Paracode and other bayforks they can be refilled. That turns them from Crit-stabilizers to ghetto-parapens and ghetto-hypos, depending on your loading. 5u beepsky is a 20s oldbaton-tier stun, applied instantly through armor with an inconspicuous in-hand sprite.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #31474

Psyentific wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Autoinjectors are one-shot 5u injectors. Think hypospray or parapen, but 5u inaprovaline (Or better, 4u Inap 1u Dex+). They usually replace the useless inaprovaline syringes in medkits. I don't remember if they can be refilled on Nanocode, but on Paracode and other bayforks they can be refilled. That turns them from Crit-stabilizers to ghetto-parapens and ghetto-hypos, depending on your loading. 5u beepsky is a 20s oldbaton-tier stun, applied instantly through armor with an inconspicuous in-hand sprite.
that doesn't sound very ghetto.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31477

Miauw wrote: that doesn't sound very ghetto.
Remember - Bay has absolutely no concept of balance because they've explicitly outlawed anything resembling powergaming, so alot of the balance issues we see never really come up.

NTCode autoinjectors were 5u Inaprovaline, no refills. Stab a crit guy with it before you move him to Medical, so he doesn't die five feet from a cryotube. Not really handy, considering unmodified crit time is ~5m, but if bleedout is shaved to ~2m it'll work. Add autoinjectors to emergency toolboxes too, why not. Alter the mixture to 1u Dex+ and 4u Inaprovaline too, why not.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #31483

Make an auto-injector machine that can be filled up with inap, trico, DD, chloral, or any other chemicals that wouldn't be unbalanced and let it dispense these pens or 10 unit pills through a botany-esque machine that anyone could access instead of dumping a thousand pills onto the chemistry desk.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31484

Raven776 wrote:Make an auto-injector machine that can be filled up with inap, trico, DD, chloral, or any other chemicals that wouldn't be unbalanced and let it dispense these pens or 10 unit pills through a botany-esque machine that anyone could access instead of dumping a thousand pills onto the chemistry desk.
So, give Chemistry a public-facing smartfridge pill storage thingy?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #31502

Psyentific wrote:So, give Chemistry a public-facing smartfridge pill storage thingy?
I actually really like this idea.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31518

Chemisty should double as a public pharmacy IMO. It usually does but a big pile of pills on the counter isn't really a pharmacy.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Rumia29

Post by Rumia29 » #31542

Psyentific wrote:So, give Chemistry a public-facing smartfridge pill storage thingy?
As long as they keep the non-public one. Otherwise yeah, sounds neat.
Battle of the Servers 2014: Team Terry Member
Image ImageImage