Make speech bubbles an option

A place to record your ideas for the game.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Make speech bubbles an option

Post by calzilla1 » #372780

So, the quick run down: everytime someone speaks while stunned I cant interact with them. You can see how detrimental this is with our current combat system. This bug has yet to be fixed and is a large deterrent to playing this game. This isthe only quick solution I can think of.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Make speech bubbles an option

Post by oranges » #373377

Why can't you interact with them
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #373406

oranges wrote:Why can't you interact with them
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/33061
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #373429

What version of byond are you on, and what OS because I've not heard about this issue before
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #373465

Dax Dupont wrote:What version of byond are you on, and what OS because I've not heard about this issue before
Win 8 (don't laugh) and I'm pretty sure the second newest version. I'll update and see if that fixes it

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #373471

why would we make speech bubbles an option just to fix a bug that you, and only you, are having while running outdated software on an outdated OS, with idea if they're even the real problem under the hood?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #373473

Speech bubbles should be an option anyway for maximum stealth.