porting things to assemblies

A place to record your ideas for the game.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

porting things to assemblies

Post by tacolizard » #390659

someone should invest time making things like medibots and health scanners into assemblies and then replace all the old versions with assemblies.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: porting things to assemblies

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #390757

>turn medibots, which were ported to be mobs for maintainability reasons at great pain, back into hacky junky objects
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #390768

IC medscan still more crappy, than regular medscan.And medbot can't be recreated, since IC can't produce chems.
But if you've got ideas about, what we can port, it worth a try.
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #390788

Honestly, there probably isn't much you CAN replace with an IC based version without it being inferior in functionality and harder to use. Shame, I do like the idea of having there be round-start things that are IC based.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #390805

JStheguy wrote:Honestly, there probably isn't much you CAN replace with an IC based version without it being inferior in functionality and harder to use. Shame, I do like the idea of having there be round-start things that are IC based.
with the addition of some new circuits, a medscanner would be easy, no?
Selea

Post by Selea » #390825

Possibly we can put portable grinder for botanists.And delete regular one.
Also I'm thinking about material distribution to dept lathes with circuit drones.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #391005

Could put the bots on prefabbed circuits in the exofab. The prefabbed circuits could have components in them not available on the printers (like a reagent synthesiser, security record uplink and so on).

If you're smart enough, you could modify the bot circuits with additional functionality, or hidden functionality (like a medibot that otherwise functions normally, programmed to poison people in crit like a vulture of death).
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #391193

Now that I think about it, we could probably replace the door remotes with IC based versions with little loss in functionality or usability.
Selea

Post by Selea » #391458

Let's ask question another way:how we need to change circuits to make porting worth it?
JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #391515

I'd say a major issue is probably end user usability. Most things in this game have some type of actual UI, whether TGUI, NanoUI, or even just raw HTML. But circuits have to rely on a combination of a raw list of inputs and outputting to the usually already quite busy text log. However, I'm not sure how exactly you would go about giving circuits an on use UI.
Selea

Post by Selea » #391555

I had some plans about HTML.Tgui is crap.
MSO could help very much if he will finish new ui.