Shitty antag idea: Synths/Android

A place to record your ideas for the game.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Re: Shitty antag idea: Synths/Android

Post by somerandomguy » #405099

Bottom post of the previous page:

Luke Cox wrote:
  • Hacking: Temporarily elevates equipped ID to captain level for purpose of ID check on airlock/console
This is a terrible idea, this way they can use an if console to give access to another Id and then to theirs again
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #405108

I think, that they should be able to use sillycones machine interaction. But with 5 s delay for every action. Actual delay could be balanced. So they could infiltrate somewhere. But also they won't be able to escape fast.

Maybe machine boards should be printed by their internal autolathe modules. But they will require machine parts and bluespace crystalls. One BSC first synth will have. But if he wants to build another machine, he must think, where he can get more. It's rare enought to make it balanced IMO.

I don't think, that synth should have active support from abductors. Because entire replication system needs for stealth infiltration. It's much easier to stick one fake human, than 10. So shooting station with BS droppods will ruin all secrecy. Or maybe they will need to construct special machines to request some help from mothership. Sone kind of witty stealth teleporter.

Stealth teleporter may be both solution to provide support from mothership and reach your objectives. For example, mothership could send some items in exchange for items of interest. Explaination for such trade--teleporter must swith equal mass between places. And it pointless to use it without valuable items.
ComradeNecron
Byond Username: ComradeNecron

Post by ComradeNecron » #405120

somerandomguy wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
  • Hacking: Temporarily elevates equipped ID to captain level for purpose of ID check on airlock/console
This is a terrible idea, this way they can use an if console to give access to another Id and then to theirs again
just make using it on an ID console some kind of feedback loop which shorts them out, thus leading to their deactivation, but don't document this anywhere
pogoco25
Byond Username: Pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #405138

@ShadowFlare Why bother law 0ing the AI if you're just gonna card it anyway?
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #405172

Im not sure if silicon machine interaction would be balanced for synths to have, even with the delayed effect. Maybe tie that to the hacking ability, where you can hack a machine and then interact with it from a distance with AI level access, but the ability is on some kind of cooldown.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Post by Selea » #405199

Delayed sillycone interaction fairly easy to balance.
If delay will be 0, it will be OP.If delay will be 5 min, it will be useless. There wouldn't be more then 3-4 iterations of rebalances. My guess is 10-15 sec is optimal.
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #405316

Ok, but now the dreaded question
Is anyone going to code this?
Xango
Byond Username: Xango

Post by Xango » #408464

Armhulen wrote:I'm sad this thread didn't go in the direction of the synths having objectives like becoming all of the heads
Literally had the same idea last year, I believe I proposed it to someone as an event via ahelp. (my dumbass didn't know about the ideas part of the forum) Not saying you ripped me off just that we have a similar mindset
This server is a rotting carcass and we are feasting on its remains
pogoco25

Post by pogoco25 » #408920

That's similar to that thingling testmerge that I personally liked but no one else did so it was around like 2 days.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #409015

Everyone liked it. I just didn't finish the code. I remember the four horror forms who all got together and went for all access at the hopline. actually pretty hilarious.

Kor said they'd revive it but they didn't so I'm considering poking the bear again, as long as lings don't have a hivemind