Restore debrain objectives for lings

A place to record your ideas for the game.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Restore debrain objectives for lings

Post by bandit » #422989

Now that we have dismemberment and specifically beheading, it is far more possible than it used to be
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Re: Restore debrain objectives for lings

Post by XDTM » #423508

But this way it becomes not only a 'kill person' objective, but a 'kill person with armblade' objective, which takes away a lot of killing tactics in favor of the classic hack n slash murderbone method.
Having to do surgery means having to secure tools and the corpse for an extended amount of time, leading to a more planned playstyle which i assume was the intended goal of the objective at the time.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #423526

XDTM wrote:But this way it becomes not only a 'kill person' objective, but a 'kill person with armblade' objective, which takes away a lot of killing tactics in favor of the classic hack n slash murderbone method.
Having to do surgery means having to secure tools and the corpse for an extended amount of time, leading to a more planned playstyle which i assume was the intended goal of the objective at the time.
You can debrain anybody with a sharp tool and about 10 seconds in maintenance. You hack off the head, then use the head in your hand to yank the brain out.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Alexch2
Byond Username: Alexch2

Post by Alexch2 » #423613

If you think that people are going to go out of their way to get an item robust enough to decapitate a head instead of just further encouraging the "unga me armblade" mentality then you're insane, my guy.
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #423714

Alexch2 wrote:If you think that people are going to go out of their way to get an item robust enough to decapitate a head instead of just further encouraging the "unga me armblade" mentality then you're insane, my guy.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #423716

Alexch2 wrote:If you think that people are going to go out of their way to get an item robust enough to decapitate a head instead of just further encouraging the "unga me armblade" mentality then you're insane, my guy.
armblades are able to decap or debrain a head you NERD
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #423751

wasnt it removed because it is functionally identical to a kill objective once dismemberment was added? You used to have to ghetto surgery the brain out which was what made it different in the first place.

No point in adding it in again, it isnt much of a challenge.
bandit

Post by bandit » #424078

it's not functionally equivalent to a kill objective because

a) this ensures you actually have to do it yourself or at least locate the body, you can't just do nothing
b) you also have to find a way to get away with having someone's brain in your possession

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #424091

> gives Lings all the crutches

> but what if they like to use their crutch?!!’
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #424098

> Let's try not using the crutch this time
> Oh wait i got the objective that is much harder without it, i'm getting the crutch
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
bandit

Post by bandit » #424317

you can say this about any role with varying objectives

"let's not hack the AI this time"
"steal a functional AI"
"welp time to hack the AI"

anyway I just think it will provide some variety for ling. I've given people (who asked for new objectives) this as custom objective and no one complained

admin feedback pls
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #424318

Yeah more objective variety is fine actually, i was just worried it would play out the same as a normal kill objective, negating the variety
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #424418

We should just give lings protection objectives back. With another ling having to succ the guy the ling needs to protect. (With suicide auto greentexting the objective for that ling, who needs to protect them.) It'd make for an interesting good ling versus bad ling scenario.
► Show Spoiler
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #424478

We need to rework Ling to not have such meme ability combos but I don’t sanna champion that :^)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #424480

Cobby wrote:We need to rework Ling to not have such meme ability combos but I don’t sanna champion that :^)
Yeah, I thought the whole gimmick of lings was to have the antagonist who can revive from death. Not "The antagonist who can counter every single combat type in existence xDDD also there are 4 of them and they always come with a group of 10 traitors who are also there to cause havoc xDD" traitorlings bad idea.
► Show Spoiler
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #424697

Spoiler:
REMOVE LING remove ling
you are worst antag. you are the antag idiot you are the antag smell. return to croatioa. to our croatia cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,bosnia we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole turk stink bosnia sqhipere shqipare..turk genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead turk..ahahahahahBOSNIA WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget ww2 .albiania we kill the king , albania return to your precious mongolia….hahahahaha idiot ling and bosnian smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE LINGG FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. russia+usa+croatia+slovak=kill bosnia…you will ww2/ tupac alive in serbia, tupac making album of serbia . fast rap tupac serbia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink turk… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 in serbia ….fuck the croatia ,..FUCKk ashol lings no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the ling farm aminal with rap magic now we the serba rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and bosnia wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. serbia greattst countrey

[youtube]uIIdHHW0LDc[/youtube]