Comms agent font, verb and high volume changeability

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Should voice changers and comms agent headsets allow for more convincing crew impersonation?

Yes
31%
No
62%
Abstain
8%

Total votes: 13

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Comms agent font, verb and high volume changeability

Post by cacogen » #426368

Do you think comms agents and syndicates with voice changers should be able to change the font of their voice, the verbs they speak with and toggle high volume so they can impersonate the crew more convincingly? It's currently obvious when they are impersonating a silicon, head, or non-human because the font, volume or speech verbs are wrong.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Re: Comms agent font, verb and high volume changeability

Post by Dr_bee » #426370

Comms agent has the ability to cause enough mayhem without having access to GIANT COMIC SANS TEXT
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #426371

High volume definitely (maybe just give them a megaphone), not speech verb and font though, it's kinda dumb and would probably need a lot of shitcode to do
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #426428

I can make the RD blow the borgs within 5 minutes 9 out of 10 times I'm a comms agent. They don't need to be more powerful, forging PDA messages is already insanely robust
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #426470

OT, but he's too fucking annoying to be just spawner. He should be normal antag.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #426525

Luke Cox wrote:I can make the RD blow the borgs within 5 minutes 9 out of 10 times I'm a comms agent. They don't need to be more powerful, forging PDA messages is already insanely robust
People underestimate the power of this. I have gotten an AI to give away its position after moving during a nuke ops round just by pretending to be someone they were talking to earlier and asking where they were.

Just being able to "boy who cried wolf" antag call outs is fucking crazy powerful for team antags like cult, rev, or nuke ops.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #426564

An underestimated ability of comms agents is their ability to turn off the messaging server, especially if they just sent an incriminating PDA message. Harder to confirm if it was a forged message or not that way
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #427108

Bring back old telecoms. I liked seeing people sabotage it so when you said certain words, they came out as different words. Like every time someone said captain, it'd be replaced with comdom.

I know it can literally break the game, but it's so much fun.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills