Curse Gamemode Feedback Thread

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Yay or Nay

Yay
67%
Nay
33%

Total votes: 3

dapocalypse
Byond Username: Dapocalypse

Curse Gamemode Feedback Thread

Post by dapocalypse » #437160

Curse. A number of items (typically high-risk or unique) have been placed under a sentient curse! The items have a power level which increases over time. Power can be spent of cursed abilities, such as stealth ones like going invisible, or short teleportation, or offensive like emps, mind control, and damage. Those who hold or any way interact with a cursed item will secretly become part of the curse, in which the curse can perform various actions on them (similar to how strange things happen to people in movies about cursed items). One of these actions is to enslave the cursed person so that they can serve the cause. The goal of the cursed items is to bring enough of them together at one place to engage the ritual.

I think this is pretty neat because it adds a new factor that would be unexpected, your own items working against you. Even though a big part gamemode is about stealth at first, soon enough all the items will need to get together, and since they are items they can't move very well on their own, they need the enslaved people which would lead to a number of people trying to steal high risk items.

So like, for brainstorm, most people used yes on the poll, but oranges doesn't like it, here is another one I pulled from digg.
Zipzap
Byond Username: Bozoca

Re: Curse Gamemode Feedback Thread

Post by Zipzap » #437164

"Oh an idea to turn the His Grace mechanic into a gamem..."
dapocalypse wrote:One of these actions is to enslave the cursed person so that they can serve the cause.
Welp.
dapocalypse
Byond Username: Dapocalypse

Re: Curse Gamemode Feedback Thread

Post by dapocalypse » #437178

HeyHeyHeyHeyHey I am grasping at straws