Weapon Detectors

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Weapon Detectors

Post by Scott » #441620

In Security.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Weapon Detectors

Post by Lumbermancer » #441633

Brig is not open to public, if they don't have access they should be in cuffs anyway.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #441682

I thought of something like this ages ago and also think it would be cool if you could hack them to EMP people that pass through
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #441703

PKPenguin321 wrote:I thought of something like this ages ago and also think it would be cool if you could hack them to EMP people that pass through
hack to disable the alarm entirely, switch alarm to emp, disable the ID check that allows sec personnel to pass through unhindered

emag to make it specifically only emp security members
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #441765

Emaggers btfo
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #442102

Goonstation has these for the brig and medbay, they just send a ping to sec if they scan any weapons or contraband, It would be neat to have to play around these a bit, and making them build-able would be cool.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #442121

To put them anywhere else would be pretty dumb. Would it detect severity level weapons and level permit? As in assistant bobby walks in with a spear, thats level one. Davy botanist walks in with desword, thats level 3.

Hacked detectors should ping security for level 4 (highest level being 3) and make it unreliable. Emagged detectors should set everone who walks through to arrest, EMP seems too OP.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #442197

wesoda25 wrote:To put them anywhere else would be pretty dumb. Would it detect severity level weapons and level permit? As in assistant bobby walks in with a spear, thats level one. Davy botanist walks in with desword, thats level 3.

Hacked detectors should ping security for level 4 (highest level being 3) and make it unreliable. Emagged detectors should set everone who walks through to arrest, EMP seems too OP.
Thats what emagged ones do on goon if I recall correctly. It just pings everyone. which is useful in its own way.