How to decrease movement speed

A place to record your ideas for the game.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

How to decrease movement speed

Post by confused rock » #453604

I was gonna make a crappy joke about permanently reducing movement speed after you've recieved a slowdown after seeing the cat vote results, but then I realised something like this could make some sense:
-retain normal movespeed for the first few minutes of the round
-movespeed is reduced after the ~5 minute mark or as soon as you receive damage
Something along those lines, though that's just a basic idea. Main goal is so people aren't slowed down much in starting the round but when actual conflict comes into play people aren't having seizures. Think something like this could work?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: How to decrease movement speed

Post by Steelpoint » #453606

Why would you slow down after a few minutes into the round?

I really do want to see movement speeds decreased overall however, but I think we'd rather it be one or the other instead of an odd forced transition from faster to not as fast.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453617

Steel, I'd like to think people don't spend the first 3 minutes of the round greytiding and running away from people. This would allow people to get the stuff for their job ready just as fast, only slowing them when it actually matters. I guess this sounds a bit like stamina, thinking about it. This was just my first idea, but I think something like this wouldn't be awful.
On the other hand, currently movespeed can only be increased from current speed to lightspeed. if it were slower, then smaller increases in movespeed from drugs or whatever could be possible, so increases in speed could be more common.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #453623

i have an idea just decrease the movement speed by 0.1 each month so the players dont notice LOL
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453630

haha killer epic if only that would work +1
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #453631

Give clothing accumulative amounts of slowdown. If you wanna be fast, you're gonna have to shed some weight
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #453634

having to take off your clothes as sec to stop a rampant nudist seems like the ultimate feature
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #453636

*throws caltrops*
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453642

oh boy I've got it guys I've got it I've thought for an hour on how to make chasing tiders as sec not impossible without decreasing movespeed, this took some time to figure out, since it's extremely hard, but I thought of one possible way to do this without slowing people:
Inspired by mario kart, add drafting: when chasing someone for more than a few seconds, the air disruption from the person in front of you will allow you to avoid more wind resistance, and get a speed boost. this will make it reasonable to pursue an assistant who just ctrl clicked the serial killer you had arrested and dragged them to oblivion.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #453646

Imagine being so shit that you think slowing everyone else down will reduce the amount of ass kickings you receive.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #453650

Imagine being so dumb you think its normal to outrun lasers.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Zarniwoop
Byond Username: Dagum

Post by Zarniwoop » #453656

Imagine wanting super realistic gameplay on a corporate space station that hires clowns and mimes.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #453665

Imagine all the PEOPLE living life in peace
youHOOOOOO may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one.

I think a weight system would be cool.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #453683

Zarniwoop wrote:Imagine wanting super realistic gameplay on a corporate space station that hires clowns and mimes.
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bagilite? I'll have you know I slipped top of the pile in the amelius massacre, and I've been involved in numerous raids on megafauna, and I have over 5700 confirmed connections. I am trained in throw warfare and I'm the top warden in the entire security department. You are nothing to me but another shitler. I will wipe you the fuck out with haste the likes of which the likes of which have only been seen before on this station, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit in your quartermaster office? think again, fucker. As we speak I'm grabbing my ied spear and the only sec officer who tried to stop me has been downed with a spray can so you better be prepared for the storm, maggot. The storm that spaces the pathetic little thing you call your body. You're fucking dead, kid. And I can be anywhere, any time, and I can kill you in over 700 different ways, and that's just with maint access. Not only am I extensively trained in disarm combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the aux tool storage and I will use it to the minimal extent I need to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you knew what unholy retribution your "clever" comment was about to bring down on you, maybe you would have drank your nuka cola. But you couldn't, you didn't and now you're paying the price, you goddamn newfag. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're not going to be saved by the fact that a catgirl can drink a nuka cola and drag you off faster than your mother to the abortion clinic in an alternate reality where she can see what a fucking disappointment you're going to be, kiddo.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #453726

SaveVatznick wrote:Imagine all the PEOPLE living life in peace
youHOOOOOO may say I'm a dreamer
but I'm not the only one.

I think a weight system would be cool.
this is a Good Post (TM)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #453740

I was just shitposting about clothing weight don't credit the idea to me