HoP Job Creator

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

HoP Job Creator

Post by Hellafied » #47088

So, we all know during the round, jobs are taken up, leaving 30 assistants. I understand the HoP can add jobs. But he rarely does. So i propose, that you add a section on the ID computer, where the HoP can make a job title, and pick access for that job, pick jumpsuit color, and press enter. And those jobs will now pop up on the join game screen. He can pick the amount of job slots for the job. (up to three) Hop can make one new job (up to three slots) per 5 (?) minutes.

Im hoping that this would add more... fun to what the HoP does, since he has more freedom, and encourage him to do his job and give players a better job to join, better.

I understand that a shitler HoP or shitler crew members might upload shitty jobs, so could it be like the red alert thing? where it takes two head Ids in an id computer to auth the job?
Image ImageImage
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: HoP Job Creator

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #47094

That's actually a cool idea, but it will need some balancing.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #47100

I'd like to see a feature where you couldn't just slap all-access to people. This would be a bad idea for non-antag as well as antag HoP players, (usually) but still a function that restricts it would be nice.

Make it based on a point-buy system where "normal" jobs will have just the right amount of points to buy the access they need for their own departments. For instance, you'd only have enough to give a job access to most of Engineering, or most of Medical, but never both. In addition, access to Command areas such as the bridge, Head of Staff offices, would be restricted.

The console might also have e-mag interaction, where you can overload points (allowing all-access, since hey you're a traitor honk honk) un-restrict access to command posts, or both.
ThatSlyFox
Byond Username: ThatSlyFox

Post by ThatSlyFox » #47149

Nice idea but I notice as HoP if you make a dude with a job title that isnt a default job title and give him access to say secuirty or science then people flip shit. 100% player problem but just saying.

10/10 idea though. An option to give them implants would be nice too. Though I see the problems with that.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #47154

HOP console needs a function to pick a SECHUD icon for jobs. if you make lots of custom ones it becomes impossible to tell who's who at a glance.

if for instance you make a 'bounty hunter' title, you should be able to give him a sec icon so that sec can easily recognize him.
Hellafied
Byond Username: The-White-Crayon

Post by Hellafied » #47189

Wow. I like all the extra ideas, the points and the SECHUD icons sound great.
Image ImageImage
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #47440

Everything else aside, SECHUD icons is the biggest and best idea here.