Make crawling speed depend on free hands

A place to record your ideas for the game.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Make crawling speed depend on free hands

Post by adamkad1 » #477099

It would be more balanced if you crawled slower if your hands are occupied because you pull youself on the ground when you crawl right? you could do the snail, but thats definatelly not the pace current crawling can go at right now.
So it should be, if you have both hands free, you go at current speed, with one, you go at half speed, and with no hands free you go at quarter. (and if you got admin meme for extra hands, maybe you could go full speed, like a spider, or something). Seriously worth to penalize it for the fact you dont get shot unless they click you
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Re: Make crawling speed depend on free hands

Post by Farquaar » #477144

I approve of this.
► Show Spoiler
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Re: Make crawling speed depend on free hands

Post by MisterPerson » #477212

Would probably result in people crawling and going slow and not realizing why. I've watched like 5 different streamers play Subnautica and not realize you swim faster when you put your shit away -even after being explicitly told as such-. Personally I think it's because it's not obvious that the player is even going slower at all, so they don't think about it.

That isn't a reason not to do this, mind you, just something to be aware will happen. If you want to make it more obvious, might I suggest having people tactical roll while their hands are occupied? This has several advantages in no particular order:

a) Hilarious as shit
b) Makes it obvious that something is different
c) Implies what is different (your hands are full, dumbass!) using the extremely limited animations at our disposal as best we can, bless our hearts
d) Also works for being armless
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter