Give elances only a chance to trigger on a thrown hit

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Give elances only a chance to trigger on a thrown hit

Post by ATHATH » #480297

Stun prods (and stun batons, although they get a better chance (35%)) only have a 10% chance to stun their target/trigger when they hit someone after being thrown at them; why don't elances?
obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Re: Give elances only a chance to trigger on a thrown hit

Post by obscolene » #480299

Because the intended use is for throwing, not for hitting. The intended use of a stun baton is to hit, not to throw.
Also, why even post an idea thread for something this simple? Just make a PR.
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #480303

obscolene wrote:Because the intended use is for throwing, not for hitting. The intended use of a stun baton is to hit, not to throw.
Wrong, the intended use was as a melee-based kamikaze weapon. Kor added it after seeing it get used as such in Fury Road and even added a message you can set by alt clicking the lance that you'll cry out when hitting somebody with it (I believe it defaults to WITNESS ME").
Thrown hits triggering the grenade is a stupid oversight and always has been.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #480318

PKPenguin321 wrote:
obscolene wrote:Because the intended use is for throwing, not for hitting. The intended use of a stun baton is to hit, not to throw.
Wrong, the intended use was as a melee-based kamikaze weapon. Kor added it after seeing it get used as such in Fury Road and even added a message you can set by alt clicking the lance that you'll cry out when hitting somebody with it (I believe it defaults to WITNESS ME").
For the record, elances are fucking retarded and I would have no qualms with it just being outright removed. But I guess turning it from a ranged instagib projectile that travels instantly to a one-use suicide ei nath would be better than it is now.
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #480402

if someone pays me 1$ i ll fix elances
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #480411

PKPenguin321 wrote:Wrong, the intended use was as a melee-based kamikaze weapon. Kor added it after seeing it get used as such in Fury Road and even added a message you can set by alt clicking the lance that you'll cry out when hitting somebody with it (I believe it defaults to WITNESS ME").
I just tried the intended use on bagil and it's not working, didn't show the message and didn't detonate
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #480416

teepeepee wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:Wrong, the intended use was as a melee-based kamikaze weapon. Kor added it after seeing it get used as such in Fury Road and even added a message you can set by alt clicking the lance that you'll cry out when hitting somebody with it (I believe it defaults to WITNESS ME").
I just tried the intended use on bagil and it's not working, didn't show the message and didn't detonate
So it's bugged as well.
EDIT: that's a lot higher res than I intended
obscolene

Post by obscolene » #480420

teepeepee wrote:
Did you have it wielded or one-handed? I'm pretty sure you need to wield it for it to explode.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
Jzoid
Byond Username: Jzoid

Post by Jzoid » #480428

The problem with nerfing elances, is you inadvertently buff other game modes.

The main three culprits being Wizard, NukeOps and Cult. Outside of these game modes, there's another thing which you inadvertently buff. That being Mechs, more importantly Marauders and Gigax.

You see, most of these game modes are incredibly over-tuned in places, and have direct counters to the existing methods the station has onboard to deal with them.
Cult and Syndicate both have access to EMP's, making tasers, stun batons or energy weapons entirely useless to them, and there's only so much shotguns to give around.
Cult also has access to a one click, ~20 second stun with complete silence, making getting close to them incredibly risky. Like wise, Syndicate can reflect energy projectiles using duel-eswords, and with some weapons to their arsenal also have one click stuns (including duel-eswords where if you aim for the leg, you'll chop it off, not really a stun, but it knocks them over and allows you to finish the job by cutting off their other leg or head).

Wizard is entirely loaded with an arsenal of weaponry, being able to jaunt away when stunned, being able to send out a ranged, tracking stun to 3-5 targets. Being able to instagib people, or just doing nothing but letting minions attack.

And when it comes to mechs, there's only a limited amount of ion weaponry on station (Meta has some ion grenades, but grenades are mostly useless unless on a elance). And unless you get that lucky RNG, you may have to use two charges of it. And that's all considering you can even get an ion gun locked in a place that only three people have access to at round start, and more so, what if it's security with the mech?

Basically, if you want to nerf elances (which I agree they should be nerf'd), you should nerf what they're used against the most.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #480434

obscolene wrote:Did you have it wielded or one-handed? I'm pretty sure you need to wield it for it to explode.
one handed, too lazy to go check with two
I remember the baldies in fury road doing it one handed too anyways so it should fixed anyways if that's what they were going for
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #480444

Wiz has plenty of other weaknesses. The person who SHOULD have bombs, the chemist, can make plenty of other triggers for grenades to get his effect. Nuke op gives the crew a simple goal to defend, and cult is just blatantly overpowered. Op trash vs op trash is very one dimensional.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #480449

Jzoid wrote:The problem with nerfing elances, is you inadvertently buff other game modes.

The main three culprits being Wizard, NukeOps and Cult. Outside of these game modes, there's another thing which you inadvertently buff. That being Mechs, more importantly Marauders and Gigax.

You see, most of these game modes are incredibly over-tuned in places, and have direct counters to the existing methods the station has onboard to deal with them.
Cult and Syndicate both have access to EMP's, making tasers, stun batons or energy weapons entirely useless to them, and there's only so much shotguns to give around.
Cult also has access to a one click, ~20 second stun with complete silence, making getting close to them incredibly risky. Like wise, Syndicate can reflect energy projectiles using duel-eswords, and with some weapons to their arsenal also have one click stuns (including duel-eswords where if you aim for the leg, you'll chop it off, not really a stun, but it knocks them over and allows you to finish the job by cutting off their other leg or head).

Wizard is entirely loaded with an arsenal of weaponry, being able to jaunt away when stunned, being able to send out a ranged, tracking stun to 3-5 targets. Being able to instagib people, or just doing nothing but letting minions attack.

And when it comes to mechs, there's only a limited amount of ion weaponry on station (Meta has some ion grenades, but grenades are mostly useless unless on a elance). And unless you get that lucky RNG, you may have to use two charges of it. And that's all considering you can even get an ion gun locked in a place that only three people have access to at round start, and more so, what if it's security with the mech?

Basically, if you want to nerf elances (which I agree they should be nerf'd), you should nerf what they're used against the most.

>still doing the e-lance on the wiz meta and causing hull breaches and potentially getting banned if it doesnt kill them

oh ho ho ho.

I see you haven't heard of the 50 unit Lethal Injection Syringe in the syringe gun.

Kills them in 5 seconds.
► Show Spoiler
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #480451

hull breaches and slighty injured people with missing limbs doesnt get you a ban, maxcapping and missing does