Optimization for antag roles.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
youngbuckliontiger

Optimization for antag roles.

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #50491

Like you know how in job preference, you get one option for a job to be set in high. While the rest is just medium or low.
This should be added to the antag preference.
You can optimize one antag role to the highest but you can only pick one antag role to be set on the highest.
for example if a changeling round comes, everyone who has changeling optimized for high will have the highest priority of getting changeling.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: Optimization for antag roles.

Post by whodaloo » #50495

I'm not entirely sure this would work with roundstart code and even if it did it would be a bad idea. You can already toggle preferences as to whether or not you'd like a role. Getting the same set of traitors who pull the same shit round after round (looking at you, Rob) is horribly unfun. There's no need to increase the odds of that happening.

I'm gonna put this another way that less singles out shitty players. Currently antag status is a reward of sorts. When you roll antag you get access to a unique set of tools, a semi-licence to kill, and a tangible goal to work towards and achieve. With a priority system you're indirectly denying players antag roles because another player set a priority higher. Antagonists should be a fair roll.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Re: Optimization for antag roles.

Post by cedarbridge » #50681

Personally, I'd settle for malf being semi-whitelisted to players with AI on med or above.