RAT KING

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Dr_XField
Byond Username: Dr_XField

RAT KING

Post by Dr_XField » #493403

I had this idea for a Rat King. Basically if the station is really filthy and a dead body ( or multiple) are left un attended to for too long, it will start to rot and flies and rats will begin to spawn. The trick is that the rats are an antagonist role and they serve the Rat King. They builds nests out of trash and munch on bodies and the way to stop them? get the chemist to make rat poison and send the newly hired Janitor on a suicide mission to destroy the nest! I dont have all the details or even an idea of if this is even possible, but i had this idea and people in the discord seemed to like it, so i thought i would make a forum post. Here is the basic structure of the Rat King. ( also the Rat King would be player controlled and the horde of rats would too. Sorta like how cults work) I like this idea because it would: Keep the station clean, add a new fun/funny antagonist role, and anyone that litters will be shaking with fear at the wrath of the RAT KING. Some of these ideas are also made by other players.

Dead body
Rats nibbling on body
Rats infiltrating and infesting body
Rats explode out of body
After X minutes of feeding, one rat grows huge
Giant rat now controls rat swarm mobs
the idea behind it is that they appear from an unlooked dead body and/or trash
Rat King starts off fat as heck but gets fatter and fatter the more trash and bodies are brought to the nest. ( i like the idea of rats causing chaos, turning lights off, biting wires chasing the captain and having him call the shuttle bc of rats.)
I think this antagonist would probably work best when it turns ghosted players into rats. Unless people dont mind turning into rats mid game idk.
I also like the idea of rats causing complete chaos, but realistically, that may not work because people may would get annoyed; so to avoid that perhaps the rats can be easy to kill by themselves, but the more trash and bodies, the more rats and in a pact, they are robust.

Thank you to Discord user:
albuturtle, Dagoth- Hir, Duckay, for the ideas and for saying my idea was pretty cool. Feel free to add any ideas in the comments if you want :) Hail Rat King. And remember, clean up your F*king trash :clean: _Hades
Stan_Studnick
Byond Username: Stan_Studnick

Re: RAT KING

Post by Stan_Studnick » #493404

Rat kings getting fatter and fatter to increase the amount of smaller rats/swarms they can control (thus giving them incentive to hunt down more food/garbage/bodies/crew) would be neat. Maybe so fat they have trouble squeezing through airlocks at max level on top of debuffs to speed.

When gibbed they explode into meat and cheese and wrappers.
Dr_XField

Post by Dr_XField » #493406

I love that idea. You just see a massive pile of gibs and a dead Rat King and cheese layin around. Also the extra meat can feed the crew so i mean..
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #493429

A rat king is actually a term for rats whose tails became entangled as they grew up in the nest trapping them together forever and humans who discover them find it really creepy and attributed bad omens to it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rat_king
Dr_XField

Post by Dr_XField » #493434

Cool fact thats dope ahaha.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #493464

Ah I see you too read Reductress
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #493615

Rats, rats
We're the rats
We prey at night
We stalk at night
We're the rats
► Show Spoiler
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #494522

Farquaar wrote:Rats, rats
We're the rats
We prey at night
We stalk at night
We're the rats
im the giant rat that makes all of the rules
lets see what trouble we can get into
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: