Horror Movie Antag and/orReversed Visibility regarding Light

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Horror Movie Antag and/orReversed Visibility regarding Light

Post by Balut » #51970

How about some sorta antag that's invisible in bright light levels, shimmers in dimmer light, and shows up fully in pitch darkness? How hard would that be to code?

I'm honestly imagining it as a power for some sort of supernatural horror-movie serial killer - Freddy, The Welder, that kinda shit - and as radical as that kinda new antag would be, it probably wouldn't happen, so I guess the light-invisibility might also be a good power for changelings?

Other ideas for monster-murderer type antags. I'm pretty much envisioning 3 archetypes: plodding axe-murderer types like the Welder, spoopy types that lurk in the dark, and then just a sorta generic dealy.
- Ability to spawn a butcher knife, welding mask, and chef's apron equipped on you, deleting the previous ones if someone looted them or something
- Respawn in dark areas of maint if you get ded? The idea would be to be menacing rather than winning, so that might be cool.
--- Alternatively, respawn on some item, which may or may not be destroyed or bound to the station's Z-level like the nuke disc (station's cursed with it!)
--- Alternativelyalternatively, respawn on/become any corpse. Keeping their identity or not is optional, but they should probably keep whatever damage graphics they incurred and generally look/sound fucked up.
- Acquire like 600 hp and stun resistance/immunity but forever only have walk movespeed. Shambling Frankenstein-style horror!
--- To actually make the above actually threatening, should have a charge sorta dealy that moves them in a straight line very quickly.
--- General other super-strength stuff: Crowbar-style opening doors despite power (though it should take like ten seconds and cause multiple groaning-door sound effects), OR being able to bash open doors or something; restraint-style unbreakable grabs and/or drags; just being lazy and giving them hulk.
- The phase-jump ability, perhaps modified to only be usable if no one can see you and/or you're in the dark?
- Increase movespeed/strength/whatever in the dark, reduce in light.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Re: Horror Movie Antag and/orReversed Visibility regarding L

Post by callanrockslol » #52073

Chainsaw hands?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Balut

Post by Balut » #52093

I'm pretty okay with chainsaw hands and chainsaws in general.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #52124

Random guy spawns as normal crewmember with antag status. As round goes on by time/amount of kills he gets stronger.

level 1: normal crewmember
level 2: grow a medical hud power to find easy prey
level 3: get a new favorite melee weapon which gets more robust as time goes on. On death he respawns on the weapon over time to kill again.
level 4: random/not so random genetics power
level 5: make a spot where he can respawn if the crew spaces/destroys the weapon.

blablabla

I remembered when someone made a serial killer round in Basil. Guy was running around with an axe and mask killing people. I think he was slightly resistant to damage too. When he died we were all relieved then he suddenly respawned and it happened again. Lucky he only did this twice. my heart couldn't take it.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #52293

omnitricks wrote:I remembered when someone made a serial killer round in Basil. Guy was running around with an axe and mask killing people. I think he was slightly resistant to damage too. When he died we were all relieved then he suddenly respawned and it happened again. Lucky he only did this twice. my heart couldn't take it.
atmostechlingwithfleshmendandepinephrine.jpg

Was his name Axey Magee? I wish I was there when Sticky ran that.
Balut

Post by Balut » #55825

I'm reading one of the CYOA threads on /tg/ right now and an idea hit me. Mostly because of the line "I'll grease my fucking drill with your guts, mutant."

I propose a cross of a miner and that one sun cultist guy from the movie Sunshine, but replace the sun with plasma. An old, lost Shaft Miner, somehow survives on plasma now. Spawnable via either random event, like the ninja, or badmin button.

Wears a bloodstained RIG suit (optionally uncleanable or re-sprited to be suitably fucked up looking) modified with several of those plate things you get from... Titans, I think it was. Starts with a few plasma tanks and either a normal drill or a diamond one - I imagine that it's important for him to drill through walls, for scary mobility and stuff. Maybe double his health or something? Definitely mesonvision at least - say the goggles are fused to his face. Also nightvision maybe? Nightvision would be nice, because it means he could creep around in the shadows. ...Though, RIGs DO have flashlights on their helmet, so.

While breathing plasma, he is immune to stuns and/or regenerates health and/or has hyperizine-style speed-ups applied. He can also eat plasma sheets, ore, coins, drink liquefied plasma, whatever, to heal himself. Should have a Shaft Miner ID, which should also probably be fused to his body/intrinsic/fuckin' whatever. Perhaps make him immune to toxin damage, since uh. Plasma.

I want to say that he can re-summon his gear if it gets stripped from him or he loses the drill via dropping or slipping or something, but that would require coding. I also want to say that he exudes or has an ability to exude a cloud of plasma for glorious toxin damage and stuff, except that would probably fucking murder the server with lag.

His goal would be to... I dunno... be spoopy steal and spread as much plasma as he can, and fill the station with it, or something.

Highly flammable! His armor starts covered in 'something flammable' shit. Because uh. Plasma.

If killed, you get his shiny drill and his horrifying suit that is (fluff-wise) probably cursed, and R&D can cut out his brain to max out Biotech and Plasma if they somehow haven't already, or something.

The event announcement thing should be something like "Anomalous detection of several NT personnel suit sensor signals on the mining station located. Days since reported personnel were last seen: [insert random number between 400 and 9001 or whatever the fuck here]. Centcomm requires that the remains be recovered for study." The event should spawn 2-3 bodies around in the mines, which all have a chance to be either dead or a scary plasma minerghost or whatever (Plasmaghost Trifecta is suffering). Random-gen the names on the IDs. For bonus creepiness, give those names a chance to say stuff on the Supply channel at some point, maybe even general chat, from some list, kinda like Poly, both mundane miner chatter or horrible last words stuff. HEARABLE GHOSTS ARE REAL.

Suggestions for ghost chatter:
"Fuck, I can't believe I didn't hear the shuttle call."
"[other name], you all right?"
"Anyone find anything good yet?"
"Found a vault, gonna open it..."
"The mines were peaceful the first week after the station evac'd, but it's starting to get a little lonely."
"Hungry."
"Out of air, can't find spare tank. Forgot tracker. Someone come get me, I'm at..."
"Fucking malf AIs. What are we gonna do with this many people?"
"One day, while Andy was masturbating..."I am not serious about this one
"How long do you wait after hitting Gibtonite, ag-HUERGH"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55960

Passible spooky event outline, not really mode material.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #55993

cedarbridge wrote:Passible spooky event outline, not really mode material.
I dunno, I think it could make for some interesting gameplay
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #56010

Until a meta routine settles.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #56011

DemonFiren wrote:Until a meta routine settles.
It'd have to be rare to keep the novelty, like 1 in 50 rounds or something like that
Balut

Post by Balut » #56013

Plasmaminer wouldn't be a mode, yes. Event or button only.

How rare is ninja? I am like 75% sure I've never actually seen one, just heard about them over the radio, so despite drawing a parallel I'm not really sure how often they show.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
litmeuplol
Byond Username: Litmeuplol

Post by litmeuplol » #56220

Didn't Goon used to have a "Welder," who was based on the main antagonist in the games that Yahtzee made?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #56224

Shadowlings.

I bring them up once every couple of months, at this rate I may as well try and make a game mode out of it.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #56291

litmeuplol wrote:Didn't Goon used to have a "Welder," who was based on the main antagonist in the games that Yahtzee made?
Oh my god yes. I know it probably won't happen, but I want this so badly.