Change combat mech melee from knockout to knockdown

A place to record your ideas for the game.
adamkad1
Byond Username: Adamkad1

Change combat mech melee from knockout to knockdown

Post by adamkad1 » #502300

Its a real cheap stun, and in taser nerf they said they dont want those. You can say to not get in melee with mechs but i say, what about gygax
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Re: Change combat mech melee from knockout to knockdown

Post by terranaut » #502306

adamkad1 wrote:what about gygax
stand behind it lol
there's a 270° angle where it can't punch you git gud
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502319

terranaut wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:what about gygax
stand behind it lol
there's a 270° angle where it can't punch you git gud
mechs can turn around pretty fast
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #502325

adamkad1 wrote:Its a real cheap stun, and in taser nerf they said they dont want those.
Melee stuns are fine
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #502327

adamkad1 wrote:Its a real cheap stun, and in taser nerf they said they dont want those. You can say to not get in melee with mechs but i say, what about gygax
Have you tried not attacking the 15 foot tall heavily powered mobile robot armor suit in melee?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #502339

I don't really mind the melee stun. The things I find lame/broken about mechs are the DNA lock and the self repair droid.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #502345

CPTANT wrote:self repair droid.
confirmed for knowing nothing about mech combat
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #502362

Knockdown makes a lot more sense too though, maybe with a throw mod like baseball bat. Ill pr something once I get back to my computer.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #502382

terranaut wrote:
Explain?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #502389

I really wouldn't mind the melee being toned down, truth be told.
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #502391

CPTANT wrote:
terranaut wrote:
Explain?
the drone is hot fucking garbage and you're better off putting ranged armor on the mech
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502392

Dr_bee wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:Its a real cheap stun, and in taser nerf they said they dont want those. You can say to not get in melee with mechs but i say, what about gygax
Have you tried not attacking the 15 foot tall heavily powered mobile robot armor suit in melee?
one this is that some people cant use guns, another is that gygax can cut distance really easily, and with acutator overload you dont even need to click to bash stuff (though i never rammed it into someone but i assume it works the same way for people)
The current combat mech stun is op because unlike other stuns, it knocks you out so theres way less counter (can you trigger adrenaline when knocked out? i've never tried), its infinite, and it deals a lot of damage
Electronics
Github User
Byond Username: Electronics111
Github Username: Electronics

Post by Electronics » #502396

It's fine the way it is. You really shouldn't be waltzing up to a massively armored mech and trying to boop it on the nose.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #502405

adamkad1 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:
one this is that some people cant use guns, another is that gygax can cut distance really easily, and with acutator overload you dont even need to click to bash stuff (though i never rammed it into someone but i assume it works the same way for people)
The current combat mech stun is op because unlike other stuns, it knocks you out so theres way less counter (can you trigger adrenaline when knocked out? i've never tried), its infinite, and it deals a lot of damage
why would you be unable to use guns? are you a pacifist? yeah tough luck retard
are you a clown? :honk:
what other restrictions apply?

leg actuator overload drains battery like fuckin nothing, unless you have a 20k slime cell its not gonna work out in the medium term even

running into someone just pushes them, i thiiink they take damage if you push them into a wall but as long as there's space you just move them away

honestly though whats wrong with a fucking combat mech being stronger than a naked guy on foot (which isnt even necessarily true, i've killed a gygax with a combat knife before)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #502422

leg acurator punch is the same as a mech punch, also funny thing: mechs are considered structures and mechs have *3 against sturctures so a gygax with leg acurator does 30*3 * armor on other mechs (135 on another gygax when rammed in the back )

leg acurator being a knock instead of stun is good, maybe change the gygax punch to 15 instead of 30 (its a light mech) to prevent cheesing simplemobs
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502510

terranaut wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

leg actuator overload drains battery like fuckin nothing, unless you have a 20k slime cell its not gonna work out in the medium term even

running into someone just pushes them, i thiiink they take damage if you push them into a wall but as long as there's space you just move them away

honestly though whats wrong with a fucking combat mech being stronger than a naked guy on foot (which isnt even necessarily true, i've killed a gygax with a combat knife before)
golems, ashliggers, etc. Also the problem is not in mechs being stronger, its the problem of uncounterable one click win stun thats 100% better than stun baton
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #502613

adamkad1 wrote:
terranaut wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

golems, ashliggers, etc. Also the problem is not in mechs being stronger, its the problem of uncounterable one click win stun thats 100% better than stun baton
have you tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Spoiler:
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502635

PKPenguin321 wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:
terranaut wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

have you tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Saying this again
1-GYGAX
2-ASHLIGGERS, GOLEMS, ETC.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #502644

adamkad1 wrote: Saying this again
1-GYGAX
Gee it is almost like those races have an intended weakness, and sometimes that weakness fucks them.

Also the gygax is not as great as youd think.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #502743

adamkad1 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:have you tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Saying this again
1-GYGAX
so what you're saying is you haven't tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Spoiler:
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #502757

I have experienced firsthand a dark gygax ramming through a wall to catch the captain in a security office with leg actuators on full, set that captain on fire, and that captain escape through several doors before the gygax could ram.

but that doesn't matter, what matters is that
MELEE STUNS ARE STILL A THING.

Xenos have em, hulks in full riot gear have em, mechs can probably get a free pass.
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502873

confused rock wrote:I have experienced firsthand a dark gygax ramming through a wall to catch the captain in a security office with leg actuators on full, set that captain on fire, and that captain escape through several doors before the gygax could ram.

but that doesn't matter, what matters is that
MELEE STUNS ARE STILL A THING.

Xenos have em, hulks in full riot gear have em, mechs can probably get a free pass.
I said allready, i dont have anything about stuns, its just. Xenos have tackle. it stuns you. Same with hulks. But mechs? THEY FUCKING KNOCK YOU OUT ON MELEE. ITS MORE THAN ANY OF THE MENTIONED STUNS
adamkad1

Post by adamkad1 » #502874

PKPenguin321 wrote:
adamkad1 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:have you tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Saying this again
1-GYGAX
so what you're saying is you haven't tried moving away from the loud slow mech
Gygax is loud but definatelly not slow with acutators. But why do i even bother answering you