New Midround Antagonist: Android

A place to record your ideas for the game.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

New Midround Antagonist: Android

Post by wesoda25 » #505082

The syndicate has recently begun to augment its agents! These agents, or androids (or is it cyborg?), are incredibly lethal, requiring no weapons, as everything is built into them.

Basically, a new antag ghost role in which a syndicate drop pod spawns an android in maint. Barring making a new sprite, they could just have a fully augmented body, with maybe one random body part still human. It’d be kinda cool if their head was human, so that they have a chance to try and blend in. All cybernetic organs, exlcuding their eyes. Maybe some EMP resistance, but since its a ghost role it might be best if it had none. The android would be assigned some random objectives, but they wouldn’t have to follow them.

Their weapons would come from a weapon pool similar to lings. They would get to a few abilities from a list of augments. I’ll toss a few ideas for abilities at the bottom. Basically, they use energy everytime they activate an ability, and can charge similar to ethereals/ninjas. Basically, lings but robo themed. If their energy reaches 0 they power down, unable to move or use any of their abilities. Can still use non robo limb, and talk.

Possible abilities.

Thermal eyes - Self explanatory, use electricity while active
Discharge - At the cost of a lot of energy, release an electric blast which shocks everyone around them (people with insuls wouldn’t drop)
Magnetic Pulse - At the cost of a lot of energy, manipulate the gravitational fields of everything around them, sending them flying (robo repulse)
Stun Arm - Channel electricity through their arm, shocking whoever they touch next
Arm Blade - Reshape the micro bots (or whatever sci fi term we wanna use) in their arm to create a robo themed arm blade.
Laser Arm - Channel a high amount of energy into the palms of their hands, discharging it in concentrated bursts. While active constantly drains energy, and uses a decent amount with every shot.
Restorative Nanites - Releases a strain of healing nanites into their body upon purchase, and heals them on command for some energy price.
Camouflage Nanobots - Yaya sci fi shit its camo

Obviously it sounds really OP for a ghost role, but since a single EMP can shut them down they might be balanced? Idk. Just something cool I’ve had on my mind for a while, nice and space/future themed.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: New Midround Antagonist: Android

Post by oranges » #505270

ling but shit and mid round

just like ling
gallowsCalibrator
Byond Username: Ashtana

Re: New Midround Antagonist: Android

Post by gallowsCalibrator » #505476

I'm not the biggest fan of ling myself, yeah. I do like this idea, though! At least, I think it has potential. Maybe give it a more clear, distinct focus from other antags, like an emphasis on disguises or interacting with equipment & technology? I have a few thoughts there, though I'm still unsure of 'em. I like the appearing in maintenance intro, for sure, at least. What kind of objectives do you think these Androids would get?

EDIT: Thinking on this a bit more, I had an idea. What if this was some kind of bizarre malf+changeling hybrid? With less emphasis on combat and more on sabotage. Androids could be emphasized as being more synthetic, and could have abilities related to hijacking station equipment and machinery- shunting around through wires and data networks, using machinery to create bodies or other effects, things like that.
Name: Vivian Orloj
Dept: Science, usually

I'm usually around on Sybil-1.
My Discord is Ashtana#2603; feel free to message me, especially to talk about ideas for content and such.