Security buffs

A place to record your ideas for the game.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Security buffs

Post by oranges » #506467

Bottom post of the previous page:

there is not enough players for that
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #506468

oranges wrote:there is not enough players for that
If you buff them hard enough there is.
Why have strength through numbers when one strong enough man can eat a SAW for breakfast.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #506489

Make a training manual purchasable from uplink for enough TC that one might be better off just purchasing a gun, but could still gets its money worth. Id say replace nulls with it but idk....
Pizzatiger
Byond Username: Pizzatiger

Post by Pizzatiger » #506535

Keep in mind that any buff to security will be a massive swing in power towards the heads during a revolution. The heads already got a massivr buff with the department ID's and certainly don't need another one
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #506544

It would also be incredibly boring.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Calibraptor
Byond Username: Calibraptor

Post by Calibraptor » #506552

I just want to dab on greytiders with my 5 other security brothers who joined specifically for the robust martial arts.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #506564

Pizzatiger wrote:Keep in mind that any buff to security will be a massive swing in power towards the heads during a revolution. The heads already got a massivr buff with the department ID's and certainly don't need another one
It could be balanced by increasing the number of headrevs if it becomes an issue.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #506566

Pizzatiger wrote:Keep in mind that any buff to security will be a massive swing in power towards the heads during a revolution. The heads already got a massivr buff with the department ID's and certainly don't need another one
Considering that the slightest bit of incompetence from the station side in a rev round(combined with people not wanting to play security) results in a rev victory, I'd say they could use a buff.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #506665

I doubt it will affect much, rev win rate has been 50/50 for ages
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #506706

deedubya wrote:
Considering that the slightest bit of incompetence from the station side in a rev round(combined with people not wanting to play security) results in a rev victory, I'd say they could use a buff.
I see the colonial muhreens policy is strong here. Let's not encourage people who play a role to learn the game and git gud, let's just give them ridiculous buffs so they have to be completely incompetent, outnumbered severely of faced by something so similarly overpowered to have a chance of failure. Cause that's good design philosophy.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #506727

Davidchan wrote:
deedubya wrote:
I see the colonial muhreens policy is strong here. Let's not encourage people who play a role to learn the game and git gud, let's just give them ridiculous buffs so they have to be completely incompetent, outnumbered severely of faced by something so similarly overpowered to have a chance of failure. Cause that's good design philosophy.
Or - here's a novel concept - we assume that both sides have an equal amount of robust and unrobust players, and balance according to that?
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #507100

deedubya wrote:
Davidchan wrote:
deedubya wrote:
Or - here's a novel concept - we assume that both sides have an equal amount of robust and unrobust players, and balance according to that?
fallacy, experience shows the most robust players choose jobs with the least amount of responsibility so they can fuck around, i.e. assistants and clowns who are prime targets for head rev
Skillywatt
Byond Username: Tiguar

Post by Skillywatt » #507507

These ideas are fantastic and I will tell you why.

When I play security, I lament the fact I have to play proactive. It runs contrary to engaging, thoughtful play, but I have to do it because right now the meta is basically "you act second, you die".

Giving security a chance if they act in good faith instead of a "shoot first, ask questions later" style is better for the game as a whole.

I can't speak for everyone who plays sec but I know I'll definitely be talking and engaging players more instead of just dropping them and wordlessly dragging them to brig before even telling them why. You have to do this now or some shitter will just drag them away from you or some dumb shit.

As a trade off, I think security escalation policy should be tightened so you can't just "unga me security get rekt" but that's a policy discussion; not code. Good changes, orangea.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #508583

Decided against sec buffs because sec players keep peanut posting in FNR like their opinions are meaningful so obviously sec lobby needs to be taken down a peg or two again.