Make unimportant jobs more important

A place to record your ideas for the game.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Make unimportant jobs more important

Post by srifenbyxp » #52987

NAME IN THE TITLE- unimportant jobs that most of the time is fuck all like lawyer and librarian needs more perks. Like maybe:

Lawyers
Given a PDA code, if shitcurity is at a all time rise they can attempt to summon a Judge/Internal Affairs to the station. Security/Acting Captain who are being exceptionally is liable to forceful subjugation by an extraction team. Random dead person who clicked observed instead of join game has the possibility of replacing said retard. Not applicable if retard is an antags target.

Librarian
Books with more than 300 words, decent grammar and fully signed/titled from the stations librarian is worth station points. More station points if the book was actually checked out for more than 10 minutes and checked in.

Botany
Crops can also be traded towards station points depending on rarity.

Chef
See above

Barman
Implement people getting thirsty- too much thirst slows you down. Maybe also make drinks can give you certain buffs when thirsty. Also See above.

Janitor
If station is 85%<† can submit some manner of inspection form, if station is more than 85% clean he may be rewarded with the holy janitor bike that's not only DNA locked but shoots out space cleaner.

Assistant
They have the power to make- Hats
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Re: Make unimportant jobs more important

Post by whodaloo » #53006

By station points, do you mean cargo points or something else? If you're talking about cargo, the botanist thing is already true. Mutated plants (more specifically their seeds) can be sent back in crates for cargo points. With the food update I'd also argue that the chef got more important to the station as a whole.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #53022

"too much thirst slows you down"

no thanks
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #53024

Suddenly the librarian is printing out hundreds of books with text taken from a lorem ipsum translator.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #53031

Lawyers will never be important, so id say remove them. As for Librarians, ive always liked the idea of changing that role to Reporter and have them responsible for managing newcasters and reporting on important goings on in the round.

Chef already got an update, so those are much more important now, which is awesome. Bartender sure could use a similar rework with his drinks.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #53034

Remove keba-...Remove lawyers
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #53050

Librarian reporters are always a gimmick I enjoy and I wish they were given more tools to encourage it.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #53052

Reimoo wrote:Librarian reporters are always a gimmick I enjoy and I wish they were given more tools to encourage it.
Right? Give them a special camera and voice recorder. Some paparazzi and new anchor clothes. Remodel the Library, make it smaller and give the Reporter a room with a printing press for making newspapers and a gun to shoot them at people. Then a nice little interview room with a sofa for interviewing crew, and a room with a desk + camera for recording a news show(although thats probably impossible in the code).
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #53055

This isn't the bad ideas thread....

Lawyers having actual power is dumb because security acting like dicks is an OOC matter. Getting a judge on station basically allows lawyers to spawn events, which is never going to happen.

Librarians being able to generate supply points from books by holding down the D key for 300 letters is pretty on its face broken. Tying the librarian into supply is very counter intuitive for what is intended to be a roleplay job giving books to people, but is really what I like to call an "Assistant with perks" class, in this case they hidey hole. They are not really supposed to be important.

Botanists are really important with the hunger update. However this is actually a decent idea because it would further encourage them to produce produce.

Janitor should not be in charge of spawning events. It already has a lot of functionality to it.

Assistants with hats actually sounds fun to me, watching the greyshirts war like tribes over that stuff.
Chef is already important with the hunger updates.

Barman could actually do with drink based buffs. If you are fully fed a nice drink could provide very minor buffs. Minor DR from hard liquer, minor HP regen for 30 seconds after delight or a bonus to healing from actual doctor gear, the works.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #53057

dezzmont wrote:This isn't the bad ideas thread....

Lawyers having actual power is dumb because security acting like dicks is an OOC matter. Getting a judge on station basically allows lawyers to spawn events, which is never going to happen.

Librarians being able to generate supply points from books by holding down the D key for 300 letters is pretty on its face broken. Tying the librarian into supply is very counter intuitive for what is intended to be a roleplay job giving books to people, but is really what I like to call an "Assistant with perks" class, in this case they hidey hole. They are not really supposed to be important.

Botanists are really important with the hunger update. However this is actually a decent idea because it would further encourage them to produce produce.

Janitor should not be in charge of spawning events. It already has a lot of functionality to it.

Assistants with hats actually sounds fun to me, watching the greyshirts war like tribes over that stuff.
Chef is already important with the hunger updates.

Barman could actually do with drink based buffs. If you are fully fed a nice drink could provide very minor buffs. Minor DR from hard liquer, minor HP regen for 30 seconds after delight or a bonus to healing from actual doctor gear, the works.
Many of the barman's drinks already have subtle or serious effects. Most of these are just not documented outside of the code.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #53084

Sure, they may have effects, but making it a bigger thing would be nice.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #53095

srifenbyxp wrote:Lawyers
Given a PDA code, if shitcurity is at a all time rise they can attempt to summon a Judge/Internal Affairs to the station. Security/Acting Captain who are being exceptionally is liable to forceful subjugation by an extraction team. Random dead person who clicked observed instead of join game has the possibility of replacing said retard. Not applicable if retard is an antags target.
This is on your keyboard. Its called F1
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #53199

But... shooting people with a newspaper gun.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #53213

This is thread is basically the reason Musketts should have never fallen for the "I'm don't want to go to the HoP every round to get a gimmick RP job title, pless add via code" crowd
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #53219

Chef just got a big importance buff with things like vitamins (in chef foods) and sugar (in vendor foods) and your metabolism efficiency.

Your metabolism efficiency is a multiplier that affects how quickly you recover from cold, how much healing you get from nutriment, lets you heal more from good chems and filter out bad chems more quickly. This can go from 0.75 to 1.25. At 0.75 it also has an added effect of making your hunger rate increase 500%, so you'll be starving and barely getting anything out of eating junk vendor foods (in nutriment effects or filling you up).
Apparently I was an director or something.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #53221

Alex Crimson wrote:But... shooting people with a newspaper gun.
Give him a bike.
Arkraven

Post by Arkraven » #53247

Thirst is going to turn into an erp thing I just know it.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #53251

Screemonster wrote:
Give him a bike.
This is glorious.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #53267

Cipher3 wrote:
Screemonster wrote:
Give him a bike.
This is glorious.
It is. Do it.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #53299

Librarian should have an A.P.C.D.: automatic playing card dealer.
Basically the librarian can stuff a deck of cards into this machine and whoever or wherever he clicks is dealt a card and can continue to deal by clicking until the deck is spent/dealt. Using an emag on it could decrease the cooldown, allowing the user to deal cards very quickly. Hell, I'm thinking a traitor librarian buying an emag and several decks of cards and RPing a Vegas poker game down the halls with everyone they see.

I've seen something like this IRL, and I think it was this UNO card dispenser and I remember adding a different voltage battery to it and it would flick cards so fast they actually hurt.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #53413

>Chef unimportant

The food update made chef important as fuck. 4noraisins not filling nutrition mean your slow as shit
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #53426

How to make lawyers useful:
-Intercom in the perma main area that can only be tuned to another intercom in the lawyer's office.