Idea for an alternative way to go about improving the doctor experience

A place to record your ideas for the game.
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Idea for an alternative way to go about improving the doctor experience

Post by ATHATH » #506780

Idea here: What if, instead of nerfing/complicating healing chems... we made health analyzers harder to (properly) use/give you less information? We could make health analyzers only show damage numbers (i.e. 25 brute damage in the right arm) and details about non-stealthy diseases (because removing that feature would be a MASSIVE virology buff), requiring doctors to talk to patients and/or examine the symptoms of patients to learn what symptoms (and thus what potential problems) their patients have. With that knowledge, they could then try to administer cures for possible problem sources that their patients might have.

Does this make any sense to anyone else?
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Re: Idea for an alternative way to go about improving the doctor experience

Post by ATHATH » #506781

This would create a clearer separation of the jobs of doctors and chemists: Chemists would make solutions/cures, while doctors would determine which solutions/cures to apply to a patient (and then apply them).
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned

Post by ATHATH » #506789

Maybe we could even go as far to just reduce it to brute and burn analysis (with locations), with tox and oxy damage (along with clone damage) being hidden?

I'm a bit worried that we don't currently have enough problem sources for this system to work very well. Maybe there could be more ways to get organ damage? I mean, I suppose that the new cobbychem system will add a whole bunch of ways to get organ damage, so maybe this change combined with that system could result in some interesting situations where doctors are trying to work out what problems the malpractice performed by others caused in a patient ("Do you know what chems they gave you?").
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #506797

what if...what if indeed...
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #506811

Making diagnosis harder is a bad way to go about things, imo. Ultimately it will just lead to you dying before what's killing you can be diagnosed, or doctors not being able to figure it out and just killing you themselves so they can clone you and hope that fixes it.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: