Healing rework

A place to record your ideas for the game.
L_Nacho_Chaos_L
Byond Username: L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Healing rework

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #514525

1. Bring back trekchems but only for damage types that can't be healed by surgery (so basically just toxin damage)
2. Make cloning cause worse side effects the more damage a corpse had. You get a 100% health body if the corpse had no damage. If a limb was gone, the limb comes back with maximum clone damage.
3. Bring back old legion souls. The decay is fast enough that you can't just run into the station with a bag full of souls anyways. Miners need an easily accessible heal so they won't have to come back to the station every 5 minutes.
4. Make surgery faster so "KILL AND CLONE" won't be better than actually healing.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Healing rework

Post by PKPenguin321 » #514536

I disagree with a bunch of these but I could see surgery get sped up a bit. A console-mounted surgery multitool (mounted like how mounted defib paddles work) that acts as all of the surgery tools in one (or at least the most common ones/half of them and you use it in hand to toggle to the other half) that could be placed near the mapped in surgery rooms would be godly.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #514570

old legion souls were literally admin revives.

Kill and Clone is not viable for anything that can be done with surgery. K&C may be viable for someone being rad/tox screwed but neither of these are surgery-bound.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #514667

Cobby wrote:old legion souls were literally admin revives.

Kill and Clone is not viable for anything that can be done with surgery. K&C may be viable for someone being rad/tox screwed but neither of these are surgery-bound.
1. Miners still need easily accessible self healing to avoid instadeath from monsters.

2. We still need an easy way to heal toxin damage. There's no tend wounds equivalent for it, and the chems to heal it just fuck you up more.
Kryson
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Kryson

Post by Kryson » #514711

L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote: 2. We still need an easy way to heal toxin damage. There's no tend wounds equivalent for it, and the chems to heal it just fuck you up more.
We have easy ways of treating toxins, pentectic and thializid (syriniver). In fact we have never had a more powerful toolkit for treating toxins.
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #514833

Kryson wrote:
L_Nacho_Chaos_L wrote: 2. We still need an easy way to heal toxin damage. There's no tend wounds equivalent for it, and the chems to heal it just fuck you up more.
We have easy ways of treating toxins, pentectic and thializid (syriniver). In fact we have never had a more powerful toolkit for treating toxins.
No, actually that isn't good enough, but not for the reasons you think.

The problem with Thia and Pentetic is that they are both toxin healers and MASSIVE purgers. That means if I use them; I can't use anything else.
This is a HUGE problem when a person has more than just toxin damage (Which is 80% of cases). Now, here it depends:

- For brute and burn, surgery works, so no problem here.
- For oxyloss I am kind of screwed, Salbutamol and Epi will be purged out, so my patient is gonna choke to death, so my only
choice becomes CPR'ing constantly until pentetic is done.
- For radiation, I litearlly have no way of dealing with it. The onyl way to kill rads is showers and Iodide. Showers I can do, but iodide will be purged,
thsi added to radiation's nasty habit of spreading, makes for a very chaotic medbay.

The reason why people really liked old Anti-toxin over pentetic was the lack of purging. Toxin right now is a huge problem because if I treat toxin, i can't treat anything else.
Both Thializid and Pentetic purge chemicals, although thia does it a bit less. Unfortunately thia is very limited (I can't produce toxin, after all), and it requires IV drips,
something that 50% of emdbay players don't know how to use and possibly the only thing even SLOWER than surgery. Either ensure that these chems stabilize patients
or give us a poison heal/stab that doesn't purge all our work away.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
L_Nacho_Chaos_L

Post by L_Nacho_Chaos_L » #514879

Calomel wrote:
Kryson wrote:
No, actually that isn't good enough, but not for the reasons you think.

The problem with Thia and Pentetic is that they are both toxin healers and MASSIVE purgers. That means if I use them; I can't use anything else.
This is a HUGE problem when a person has more than just toxin damage (Which is 80% of cases). Now, here it depends:

- For brute and burn, surgery works, so no problem here.
- For oxyloss I am kind of screwed, Salbutamol and Epi will be purged out, so my patient is gonna choke to death, so my only
choice becomes CPR'ing constantly until pentetic is done.
- For radiation, I litearlly have no way of dealing with it. The onyl way to kill rads is showers and Iodide. Showers I can do, but iodide will be purged,
thsi added to radiation's nasty habit of spreading, makes for a very chaotic medbay.

The reason why people really liked old Anti-toxin over pentetic was the lack of purging. Toxin right now is a huge problem because if I treat toxin, i can't treat anything else.
Both Thializid and Pentetic purge chemicals, although thia does it a bit less. Unfortunately thia is very limited (I can't produce toxin, after all), and it requires IV drips,
something that 50% of emdbay players don't know how to use and possibly the only thing even SLOWER than surgery. Either ensure that these chems stabilize patients
or give us a poison heal/stab that doesn't purge all our work away.
Sig is relevant.