pacifist trauma from self antaging

A place to record your ideas for the game.
OFQ
Byond Username: OFQ

pacifist trauma from self antaging

Post by OFQ » #516245

What if non security/head/antag crew members had small chance to develop pacifist trauma when they harm non antag players? It makes sense in terms of common sense... Psychology and stuff. Also it would discourage self antaging.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Re: pacifist trauma from self antaging

Post by teepeepee » #516249

people will go around smashing randoms and checking if they now have pacifism for EZ antag tells
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #516254

teepeepee wrote:people will go around smashing randoms and checking if they now have pacifism for EZ antag tells
If the chance will be like 5-10% it won't be great way to tell. Especially if you have to deal serous damage to trigger it.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #516260

Why have I consistently seen all of your ideas as actual garbage? Are you suggesting ideas to improve the game, or ideas that go against things that have purely just annoyed you and you want to try and fix them with a code solution? Ided tier PRs should go in the shitty ideas thread. Distance yourself from emotion if you're actually trying to improve on the game.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #516262

TheMythicGhost wrote:Why have I consistently seen all of your ideas as actual garbage? Are you suggesting ideas to improve the game, or ideas that go against things that have purely just annoyed you and you want to try and fix them with a code solution? Ided tier PRs should go in the shitty ideas thread. Distance yourself from emotion if you're actually trying to improve on the game.
Why do you assume it's salt-based right off the bat? I can see plenty of good intention behind this idea. I won't say it's a good solution to a very present problem, but at least he's trying to come up with solutions for it.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Post by TheMythicGhost » #516263

deedubya wrote:
TheMythicGhost wrote:Why have I consistently seen all of your ideas as actual garbage? Are you suggesting ideas to improve the game, or ideas that go against things that have purely just annoyed you and you want to try and fix them with a code solution? Ided tier PRs should go in the shitty ideas thread. Distance yourself from emotion if you're actually trying to improve on the game.
Why do you assume it's salt-based right off the bat? I can see plenty of good intention behind this idea. I won't say it's a good solution to a very present problem, but at least he's trying to come up with solutions for it.
Because it was brought to you by the same man that gave us ideas like:

Remove AI's ability to fight back in any way whatsoever if you're a traitor stealing it.
My restart vote didn't work, so let's make an un-recallable shuttle come to the station instead when I'm bored.
I can't be bothered to do additional energy projects (which are many and varied), so let me buy my energy instead.
I want to know who is controlling that golem so I can grudge it.

and now:

"I can bait that assistant that tabled me once into being permanently disabled!" or "I can now dab on security for harmbatonning me for doing incredibly stupid shit" The idea.
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #516292

OFQ wrote:
teepeepee wrote:people will go around smashing randoms and checking if they now have pacifism for EZ antag tells
If the chance will be like 5-10% it won't be great way to tell. Especially if you have to deal serous damage to trigger it.
have you ever played sec during a rev round?
your fellow officers will hoard medkits to heal people while they bash their heads in until they see a deconversion text (if they weren't actually a rev, they'll have to wait until he runs out of healing because they are convinced they didn't roll deconvert instead of them just not being a rev)
it doesn't matter how low the chance is, people will just run around hitting anyone they see until they get dat sweet sweet valid tell
how is that good for the game?
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #516299

Thanks for valuable input m8
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #516302

"stop shitting on the kitchen floor"

"Wow do u have anything CONSTRUCTIVE to add?!?! Thought not u just a hater at least im TRYING"
OFQ

Post by OFQ » #516303

teepeepee wrote:
OFQ wrote:
your fellow officers will hoard medkits to heal people while they bash their heads in until they see a deconversion text (if they weren't actually a rev, they'll have to wait until he runs out of healing because they are convinced they didn't roll deconvert instead of them just not being a rev)
it doesn't matter how low the chance is, people will just run around hitting anyone they see until they get dat sweet sweet valid tell
in the rev case it is easier to implant than do this. But I totally can see how the mechanic can be abused. At the same time if the chance is like 5% and to get pacifist trauma you need to crit someone I don't think that it will be viable strat. Especially since you then have to get brain surgery to fix the trauma. Moreover you can't prove that someone is a tator with it, but you can prove that someone isn't. It would be hard to find sweet spot for sure.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #516396

TheMythicGhost wrote:
deedubya wrote:
Because it was brought to you by the same man that gave us ideas like:

Remove AI's ability to fight back in any way whatsoever if you're a traitor stealing it.
My restart vote didn't work, so let's make an un-recallable shuttle come to the station instead when I'm bored.
I can't be bothered to do additional energy projects (which are many and varied), so let me buy my energy instead.
I want to know who is controlling that golem so I can grudge it.

and now:

"I can bait that assistant that tabled me once into being permanently disabled!" or "I can now dab on security for harmbatonning me for doing incredibly stupid shit" The idea.
Well, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #516401

OFQ wrote:
teepeepee wrote:
OFQ wrote:
in the rev case it is easier to implant than do this. But I totally can see how the mechanic can be abused. At the same time if the chance is like 5% and to get pacifist trauma you need to crit someone I don't think that it will be viable strat. Especially since you then have to get brain surgery to fix the trauma. Moreover you can't prove that someone is a tator with it, but you can prove that someone isn't. It would be hard to find sweet spot for sure.
easier != more fun for the sec officer
besides, implants are limited, specially if you don't secure cargo
if you just "forget" and let it get overrun, it's open season on random crewmembers' heads
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #516407

In all honesty there's times where non antag crew on crew combat occurs, and is necessary. This should not be mechanically punished by making people unable to fucking fight. It does, however, need to be GODDAMN AHELPED! IF YOURE NOT AHELPING THIS SHIT WHEN IT HAPPENS YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #516418

lmao @ people who ahelp
doing jannies' jobs for them