New stuff/changes for cult

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

New stuff/changes for cult

Post by Pybro » #56878

So, I decided to take a crack at coding stuff for cult. Only, I quickly ran out of ideas.

So far what I've got working is:

-The tome now works like the crayon. That is, you translate the words and input them into the tomes dictionary. When the required words for a rune are translated and input, you can set the rune. Whenever you use the tome on a floor or wall, it draws that rune on the floor/wall you clicked.

-Wall runes. While all runes that can be drawn on floors can also be drawn on walls, there isn't much point to it (Having a sacrifice rune on a wall would be silly for example). Runes on wall are directional, working like how APC's, firealarms, and pepper spray fillers do (That is, they are "on" a floor tile, but the sprite is moved 32 pixels to the north/south/east/west)

-Of interest in the wall runes are wall talismans. These work like how imbuing paper does, wherein one puts the wall imbue rune on a wall, then puts a a stun, EMP, blind, deafen, or teleport rune next to it. You then use the imbue rune. This creates a "wall talisman" flat up against the wall similar to how directional windows work. When you bump into them, you activate them. They only activate if the "window" is bumped. They only trigger for non-cultists. The prevent people putting up stun mazes, wall runes can only be drawn on walls. The wall talisman is single use only. Wall talismans can be removed by whacking it with the null rod or a tome.

Other ideas include:
-A permanent teleport wall talisman that doesn't go away
-Adding onto that, a separate mini-away mission. Hell, a pocket dimension that is full of traps, nasty runes, and a generally hostile environment. Plus this lets admins do "Colonizing hell" events.
-A !NOTBehelit. Like a soulstone, but can be used for a variety of other things. The only problem is not making it either useless or overpowered.

So, what do you all want to see in cult?
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Re: New stuff/changes for cult

Post by Balut » #56895

Is the !NOTBehelit my bleeding-thing-on-a-stick that pays the brute damage for runes and screams and fucks people up with bullshit cursey stuff and screams and makes you bloody and leaves bloodtrails and is generally creepy and shit.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Pybro

Post by Pybro » #56916

Yes. The idea being that it would be a "living" item like MMI's and Soulstones. It would occasionally twitch and scream and stuff, could only communicate via the Commune ability (Which non-cultists would just hear as it wailing endlessly).

The issue with it was whether or not it should be able to move on its own. I was thinking that it could have a 10 second cooldown power/verb to move it a single tile and be too big to fit in a box/backpack (But can fit on someones belt/pocket(?)) to avoid the issue of the holder getting himself killed in maint like a dumbass and stranding it in a box.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #56918

Make deconverting cultists take a bible, some cuffs of any sort, and a bed or chair. Bible is used on cultist that is cuffed to the chair. This begins the deconversion process that can take from 30 seconds to a minute as the evil spirit is exorcised from the body. During this time both the cultist and person deconverting them cannot move or break free from cuffs.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #56956

How about conversion runes can use 1-3 people, but with two people all chanters and the person on the rune have to stay still for maybe 30 seconds and with one person it takes like a minute or something. Still encourages teamwork without making you absolutely fucked without it if your team is incompetent while also disallowing "surprise convert rune in hallway mlg 1 man converts ayy lmao"

so like when a ling takes a while of sitting still to eat his prey in a dark maint hall but with cultists but you can also have three cultists and its instant still
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #56978

PKPenguin321 wrote:How about conversion runes can use 1-3 people, but with two people all chanters and the person on the rune have to stay still for maybe 30 seconds and with one person it takes like a minute or something. Still encourages teamwork without making you absolutely fucked without it if your team is incompetent while also disallowing "surprise convert rune in hallway mlg 1 man converts ayy lmao"
I brought the idea of a two-person (or one-person, for that matter) convert and everyone yelled at me.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Pybro

Post by Pybro » #57046

Changeling grab-absorption takes a time of 150 per step (There are 3) to complete and drawing a rune as it currently is takes 50. Putting handcuffs on someone takes 30 seconds.

So like 100 seconds for a single man conversion, 50 for a 2 man conversion, and instant for 3?
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #57173

I dont like the crayon rune idea unless it allows me to stack emp runes on a single tile can it do that?

Behelits are created from a random ghost. You can feed a Behelit soul stones to gain powers such as turning into armored Nar'sie human hybrid thing
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #57331

Pybro wrote:Changeling grab-absorption takes a time of 150 per step (There are 3) to complete and drawing a rune as it currently is takes 50. Putting handcuffs on someone takes 30 seconds.

So like 100 seconds for a single man conversion, 50 for a 2 man conversion, and instant for 3?
I didn't have any exact numbers in mind that's kind of up to you but yeah that sounds great
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #57343

Pybro wrote:Putting handcuffs on someone takes 30 seconds.
Don't you mean 3? It has a time of 30 in the code but that's basically 3 seconds.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #57353

More cult options, huh?

How about arcane spellcasting? Have certain spells be available if enough blood-research, or whatever, is done towards it. Maybe that'd require more steps and balancing, though.

Alternate endgame goals for cultists would be great, too. What about a sort of super-construct otherthing, that moves around slowly and liquefies/converts the brains of people in its range? Call it the Mind Batterer, and make it as difficult to make as Nar-Sie.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #57362

AnonymousNow wrote:How about arcane spellcasting? Have certain spells be available if enough blood-research, or whatever, is done towards it. Maybe that'd require more steps and balancing, though.
What does this actually mean? Arcane as in like what, a Space Wizard? Because Cult and Wizard are like totally different flavor-wise.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #57364

Going all Dragon Age style blood-mage as high-end cultist would be...interesting, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #57377

Balut wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:How about arcane spellcasting? Have certain spells be available if enough blood-research, or whatever, is done towards it. Maybe that'd require more steps and balancing, though.
What does this actually mean? Arcane as in like what, a Space Wizard? Because Cult and Wizard are like totally different flavor-wise.
Demon has a good idea, blood magic. Perhaps an alternative to tome magic, you can summon a magic knife with your talisman. You charge the knife by attacking humans with it, and can use the charge to cast spells (perhaps ling style, only blood instead of DNA?)

Obviously loud and obvious as fuck. Perhaps make them tougher and more robust than the equivalent robe/sword cultist, or just move that completely over to this 'style', but they get it easily, adding a heavy hitter to the slow and weak cult team. Or everyone could do this and just murderbone the station.