so why is KA nota mining tool? GIBE SKILL.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

so why is KA nota mining tool? GIBE SKILL.

Post by Reeeee » #533407

I mean it's the sole mining tool most people use.
Do i really have to drill semi-afk on a wall ad nauseam to farm my mining skill just to get my KA cooldown? Cus, let's be honest, I wont be doing that. I get it not working for Plasma cutter but not KA. Since that thing only has one use. To mine. Well, apart from traitoring, but same could be said of any skill specific item i guess.
You mine and fight with it, very shaft minery stuff that, but it's not in any shape related to mining skill? Sense of achievement and improving at your job was nice for few days, made me really wanna play it more.

Ples give back muh fun.
signnatrire
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: so why is KA nota mining tool? GIBE SKILL.

Post by PKPenguin321 » #533512

Because people would use it like a machine gun against people
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #533522

I still think that the PKA should have mining skill be relevant when hitting rock, but not when hitting people (ie. it would have a reduced cooldown based on your mining skill when you dig, but not if you hit anything else).
The real tragedy is the Resonator. That thing didn't even benefit from the mining skill before, and its removal does nothing at all to it when it probably should've been buffed a smidge.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #533578

Pka isn’t even slow
Calomel
Byond Username: Ryumeme

Post by Calomel » #533753

I used to use the resonator when doing mining because it was pretty hands off, and if you had the
rhythm down you could go rock to rock without much trouble. I still agree resonator required some kind of buff,
but I don't think resonator is worse than KA without upgrades in the case of horizontal mining.
"Purging chemicals at incredibly hihg speeds."
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #533758

Probbably to try and tempt people into other options
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #533992

hey i could care less about buffs i wanna see numbers go up.
Options are either KA or pickaxe at roundstart so...
Neh, maybe we'lll eventually get some sort of balance.

Also, that rapid fire KA mod already kinda works the way it's "supposed to". Miss and it resets CD to normal.
Add that to the existing KAs not hitting rock or something and murderbones don't happen and we get to keep skilling?
signnatrire
Daxxed
Byond Username: Daxxed

Post by Daxxed » #534029

The PKA cooldown you got with max mining skill was so insane it made almost all boss fights too easy, you get double the fire rate so you could push yourself beyond what was possible before and still have huge windows of safety.
I used it for maybe three shifts and thought it was disgusting on it’s own, nevermind the balance issue/oversight of hierophant staff maxing your mining skill in like five clicks tops.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #534036

it mines, therefore it's a mining tool.

for faster mining, use specialized mining tools like plasma cutter that are shit at combat.
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #534180

you can't shoot the KA faster even if you grinded the skill with a pick. You can only do so via the upgrades.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #534234

if you're not using the crusher why even play miner
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,