Make pills and patches stack (Up to 5 or something)

A place to record your ideas for the game.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Make pills and patches stack (Up to 5 or something)

Post by CPTANT » #547797

The doctor role is unnecessarily encumbered by how annoying medicine is to handle. A single pill takes up an entire inventory slot and you can't carry much without all kinds of box/belt hocus pocus in your inventory. Chemistry bags are usually not available.

I suggest making pills and patches stackable up to a certain amount (5 or so) to reflect their small size and make handling them less of a hassle.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Re: Make pills and patches stack (Up to 5 or something)

Post by Mickyan » #547802

pill bottles
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #547808

Pills are separate items, unlike mineral sheets, and you can have multiple pills with the same name and different contents or same contents and different name, or same to both but different icons, or different temperature, and so on. This makes implementing a stack system complicated at best, and it'll result in the same "stacks" that you can see in bags where you can't tell pills apart and you always pull out the first or last one inserted.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #547810

XDTM wrote:Pills are separate items, unlike mineral sheets, and you can have multiple pills with the same name and different contents or same contents and different name, or same to both but different icons, or different temperature, and so on. This makes implementing a stack system complicated at best, and it'll result in the same "stacks" that you can see in bags where you can't tell pills apart and you always pull out the first or last one inserted.
I have a cool idea and I'm going to implement it after work nobody steal this ok i have a cool solution

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #547991

yeah they should stack or you should get a chemistry bag or something
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #548006

grab scalpel from your free box of sharp tools
hit bandage with scalpel
repurpose cloth to chem bag
put pill in chem bag
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #548103

Just make chem masters able to print pill bottles when pre-loaded with plastic
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #548139

medical belt or chemistry bag

Don’t remove usefulness of specialized items that specifically exist to hold this shit
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #548153

Flatulent wrote:medical belt or chemistry bag

Don’t remove usefulness of specialized items that specifically exist to hold this shit
Medical belt is useless for this and why do we need a special item to hold something so small literally thousands of them should fit in an actual backpack?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #548172

???? make a chem bag from bandages and close this thread we got the solution
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #548277

Why does the medical belt even exist
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #548298

Anonmare wrote:Why does the medical belt even exist
hrp
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #548304

it used to be somewhat usefull because it was a box that could fit the saw instead of saw on backpack but now docs spawn with advanced box that can fit the saw so its a free belt box i guess if you are too braindamaged to get a toolbelt which is a direct upgrade
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #548565

Medical belt would be actually useful if it had some more slots.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #548572

I mean it’s like bandolier for syringe gun
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #548724

XDTM wrote:Pills are separate items, unlike mineral sheets, and you can have multiple pills with the same name and different contents or same contents and different name, or same to both but different icons, or different temperature, and so on. This makes implementing a stack system complicated at best, and it'll result in the same "stacks" that you can see in bags where you can't tell pills apart and you always pull out the first or last one inserted.
Honestly this implementation sounds really good - regular docs the pills will work as expected since they're all more or less the same but you also have perfect avenue to exploit this as an antagonist by spiking some and leaving some normal.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #548742

Tlaltecuhtli wrote:???? make a chem bag from bandages and close this thread we got the solution