Anomaly End Game Content Ideas

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Anomaly End Game Content Ideas

Post by Shadowflame909 » #554553

only 8 anomalies per type can exist in a round when orange man gets his way

Yes I would like the mega buster from Megaman (You know the starter gun you charge up) to be a researchable end-game gun for sec

What it actually blasts would be dependent on what anomaly you fused it with.

Post ideas
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: Anomaly End Game Content Ideas

Post by wesoda25 » #554585

We should add a way to pack a punch guns using anomalies
zxaber
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Zxaber

Post by zxaber » #554681

Science only gets so many anomalies. What makes you think they'll give sec any?
Douglas Bickerson / Adaptive Manipulator / Digital Clockwork
OrdoM/(Viktor Bergmannsen) (ghost) "Also Douglas, you're becoming the Lexia Black of Robotics"
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #554739

Honestly cool factor.

I think it should be an augmented gun that'll take an arm slot, But it'll be self rechargable after 5 slots.

Alien Tech + the super duper weapons node would be the unlock requirement

Edit: Here are my anomaly ideas so far.

1. Hyper-Flux anomaly: It's the basic laser sphere. Charging it for 0-3 seconds and shooting produces a tiny orange sphere that does half the damage of a normal laser. Only doing 10 damage. Charging it for 4-8 seconds shoots a medium blue sphere that does the damage of a normal laser. Charging it 8+ creates a giant glowing shot, that if it hits does triple the damage of a normal laser sphere, doing a whopping 60 damage for one shot. If some gamer learns how to dual wield a regular laser gun and this gun, they'll most certainly yeet their target faster. (Gun has 5 bullets before it has to automatically recharge. Using the hyperflux anomaly. Recharging a bullet takes 20 seconds of waiting.)

2. Gravitational Anomaly: Creates a whirlwind type disabler setting bullet. If the tiny tornado hits you, it acts like you've been repulsed and knocks you down, dropping in hand items and flinging you away from them. Like a tornado I suppose. 5 shots, 20 second reload time.

3. Pyro Anomaly: You shoot lasers shaped like fireballs, that do 15 damage and firestack on each shot. MMM. Talk about that poison stacking effect. 5 shots, 20 reload. Kinda easier to survive if your opponent has a fire extinguisher. If it doesn't, then hitting the 3x fire stack and turning them into a flaming fireball is not gonna be one they're gonna easily roll out of without taking immense damage.

4. Void Anomaly: Shoots a purple void, that attracts enemies and items towards it. Done right? You've quite literally temporarily stuck your enemy in place and had them bashed with items along the way. Nice job. Did it wrong? You misfired and the clown is in crit because they got hit by a bunch of stools laying around escape and your target is fleeing. 5 shots, 10 reload.

All guns require a surgeon to attach it to one of your arms, causing you to lose an arm slot. Useless without an anomaly core. Anomaly Core cant be replaced, but you can de-attach the gun and build a new one. Pick wisely!
► Show Spoiler
Arcanemusic
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ArcaneMusic

Post by Arcanemusic » #554788

Using a bluespace or vortex anomaly to make something equivalent to a 1 way teleporter would be interesting. Would be useful for setting up a teleporter network between 2 locations, like an aux base or for helping crewmembers to medbay could be useful. Set location with multitool, then lock it down to teleport to a set teleporter beacon.

I am still utterly fucking stumped on ideas for a flux anomaly, since it's SUPPOSED to be like an electrical anomaly, but most ideas in that vein are invalidated by the fact that electricity and power generation are so dumbfoundedly broken right now. Maybe something like powering large pieces of machinery like the BSA or a deep mining setup or something.
I Broke: Economy, Hydroponics, Trading Cards, Mice, Civilian Bounties, the BEPIS, Techwebs, Newscasters, and MORE EVERY DAY
TheMidnghtRose
Byond Username: TheMidnightRose

Post by TheMidnghtRose » #556537

Maybe a powercell of some kind? Faster recharge but weaker capacity than standard yellow for flux?
Emerald Gleaner -/Roboticist/Replica AI Series
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Post by EOBGames » #556538

TheMidnghtRose wrote:Maybe a powercell of some kind? Faster recharge but weaker capacity than standard yellow for flux?
Honestly if it's gonna be linked to an anomaly that's heavily limited, it's probably worth making it strictly better than yellow cells, given they're easily mass produced.
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #556710

Maybe make it so the phazon can use any type of anomaly core, but its abilites are changed and or limited depending on what kind of core it is.
This would actually give the phazon some use and be seen more often.
Karl Karlsson and never anything else