Keeping Logs on Cargo Orders

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Do you think this should be included in the game?

Yes.
30%
Yes.
30%
Yes.
30%
No.
3%
No.
3%
No.
3%

Total votes: 30

Juninho77
Byond Username: Juninho77

Keeping Logs on Cargo Orders

Post by Juninho77 » #62313

What:
Supply Ordering Consoles (bridge) and Supply Shuttle Consoles (cargo) would keep permanent logs of what was ordered, who ordered it, and the station time at which it was ordered.

Why:
I've just come from a round (or shift for the roleplayers out there) in which someone ordered a supermatter crate. It was then opened in front of bridge, and a lot of people (7~) died, many more being injured. Since the supermatter can hold no prints and its crate was taken away, I could not determine who had ordered it. The cargo computer also doesn't keep logs, and the approval paper was taken. That means the culprit was never caught.

This sort of stuff should not happen, especially in an intergalactic company such as Nanotrasen. From my area of expertise, I can tell you that If you go to any construction sites with a warehouse, they keep logs of what has been ordered, by whom it was ordered, the time at which it arrived, who received, who stored it, who took it out of the warehouse, at which time, and for which use.
That is used to make sure that tools and materials do not "go missing," and if they do, the company can hold someone accountable for it.

Now that is for tools that cost 10-35 dollars. I can only imagine the security measures behind a shard that could kill anything that touched it, cause a raging inferno when hit by a laser gun, and intoxicate anyone on sight.
Alive for 10 shifts and counting.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Keeping Logs on Cargo Orders

Post by MMMiracles » #62322

Make it so an emagged cargo console doesn't send a report, because if it does then any traitor who orders in bulk/the syndicrates, they're boned.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62329

Better yet.

Records can be deleted from any console that's been emagged or accessed with a HoP-level ID.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #62342

Making it a QM level ID makes the QM a bit more than glorified cargo though.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #62371

That is not a bad idea.

But I am heavily biased.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #62385

Letting QM delete the logs makes sense, given that he's the one responsible for them, and adds a certain level of authority and suspicion to him. Did the console get emagged, or is the QM just lying? Or is the HoP framing the QM?
Juninho77
Byond Username: Juninho77

Post by Juninho77 » #62389

Would the HoP be able to delete the logs from bridge (Supply Ordering Consoles)? I don't like that idea, for, if you want to delete logs, there needs to be some risk into it.
Last edited by Juninho77 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alive for 10 shifts and counting.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #62449

Yes please.

I don't know why this wasn't implemented a long time ago.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #62531

Violaceus wrote:Let QM delete the logs.

But log deletions.
QM level ID or higher deletes logs
Emags delete the deletion logs

or just make emag delete all logs so tators don't have to kill the qm every time they want to use cargo without getting caught
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #62547

Snakebutt wrote:Letting QM delete the logs makes sense, given that he's the one responsible for them, and adds a certain level of authority and suspicion to him. Did the console get emagged, or is the QM just lying? Or is the HoP framing the QM?
The emag should never be a subtle item. It generally is the definitive shortcut item, quick and sloppy. If a tater tot wants to be subtle they should use existing methods like ID theft or hacking.
Coik

Post by Coik » #63455

You could make it so you had to delete the record on the computer it was ordered on.

I think that you should also be able to delete logs if you hack the supply computer. Pretty much the only reason to do it right now is to order contraband posters, which no one really seems to give a shit about. But if you can delete records...now is that Cargo Tech just looking to order posters, or is there a shotgun crate stashed somewhere she's trying to hide?