Make drones more available

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Somejerk
Byond Username: Somejerk

Re: Make drones more available

Post by Somejerk » #64374

Bottom post of the previous page:

An0n3 wrote:
kosmos wrote:
If these things are really so hard to cope for many people, I think we should cut the fluff on drone laws and just change them to:
1. You can ONLY build, maintain and repair the station.
2. Don't fucking do ANYTHING ELSE than build, maintain and repair the station.
It's this. It's not hard.

1) Fix things.
2) If there is nothing here to fix go look for things to fix.

Do not collect hats, do not draw shit on the floors, do not build additions to the station, do not "upgrade" things, do not choose a person on the station to buddy up with...

You're a semi-autonomous repair bot. If you are not repairing things you should be finding things to repair. If you are not entertained doing those two things exclusively do not jump into a drone chassis.
3. Your goals are to build, maintain, repair, improve, and power to the best of your abilities, You must never actively work against these goals.

Is this law going to change if you don't want us to do that when we decide to play drones?
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #64381

As long as there's a drone console with the drone fabricator that anyone can use to blow the fuck up out of drones that are assholes, sure.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #64390

We need a Drone Master Control Console that does three things.

1. Shows the location of every drone and what they are holding
2. Allows you to remote deactivate drones individually (no mass deactivating)
3. Allows you to send a message to all drones such as "Robotics is in need of reapair" or "The station requires an additional cloner" so as to direct drone work.

Make the board printable from R&D with the same tech requirements to build drones. Maybe let the AI do this by default? I also think that at high levels of research you should be able to make a Drone Fabricator that you load with materials and when a ghost clicks it places them into a drone. Sort of a set it and forget it machine for roboticists.

Now if only we can have regenerating sheets of metal and glass for drones so they dont have to loot stuff to get it. Anymore I just end up gathering crates from maint and dragging them to cargo. I then order crates of supplies for drones with the points gathered.